State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tripaces wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:07 pm Congratulations to all the Ironton players making all Ohio selections .. Reid defensive player of the year is a great honor .. Seth first team all state , Gage and Avery second team all state , junior 3rd team , Noah and Cameron honorable mention .
Congrats to all these players are Cameron the Howell kid and Crabtree juniors?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:13 pm
Tripaces wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:07 pm Congratulations to all the Ironton players making all Ohio selections .. Reid defensive player of the year is a great honor .. Seth first team all state , Gage and Avery second team all state , junior 3rd team , Noah and Cameron honorable mention .
Congrats to all these players are Cameron the Howell kid and Crabtree juniors?
Yes all 3 are juniors

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm Kirtlands two RB’s are #1 first Team all Ohio and #28 is 3rd Team all Ohio, not to shabby.

I don’t believe they’ve faced a Defense quite like Irontons this year though, definitely going to be a great game to watch.
I know Ironton has not faced a defense like Kirtland all year for sure.... This will for sure be a physical game by both teams ..

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Good Luck Ironton from Wellston.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Kirtland glad to meet you . I’d like to introduce you to mr. jones , and mr Carrico. And a few others .

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Drew pasture has Kirtland by 10,

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I don't know much about Kirtland this year. I watched them couple years ago when they bludgeon N-Y into submission in the State Semis with smash mouth physical football. Seems like their running backs were really quick! I hope mattash posts a live vid we can watch again.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

coachK wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 pm Drew pasture has Kirtland by 10,
He had Ridgewood by 9, how did that turn out :D

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I seen where the Kirkland band started a benefit to get Irontons band to the state championship game. Were they not going to go?

If Ironton plays the way they did Saturday they stand a good chance at bringing home a state title to southern Ohio for the second time in three years.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Kirtland is just a different beast I just don’t see ironton keeping this close they would have to play a perfect game

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:22 am Kirtland is just a different beast I just don’t see ironton keeping this close they would have to play a perfect game
Don’t see Ironton keeping it close ???? How much you willing to bet on that

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Tripaces wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:54 am
Izladoom wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:22 am Kirtland is just a different beast I just don’t see ironton keeping this close they would have to play a perfect game
Don’t see Ironton keeping it close ???? How much you willing to bet on that
You guys sound just like burg did going into their game with coldwater

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fellers it's an honor to get to see Kirtland and play such a program like this with so much history, prestige and respect. I think this is gonna be a big boy slobberknocker. there ain't a fighting tiger on this team, or a coach on our staff that don't think we can get just as physical, and they ain't headin there to get no runner up trophy. their coming to eat hornets. I so wish I could be there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

This isn’t burg and that isn’t coldwater period.
This ironton team will not be blowed out of the game or embarrassed. Only if they let the ugly penalties and fumbles find their way back into the game but no team can afford that At this point, even Kirtland

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm I don't know much about Kirtland this year. I watched them couple years ago when they bludgeon N-Y into submission in the State Semis with smash mouth physical football. Seems like their running backs were really quick! I hope mattash posts a live vid we can watch again.
Someone, I'm not certain who, had a live stream on youtube For the Burg State Championship. They live streamed a screen record on a laptop. The video was good. So........ if anyone can do that so I can watch this while at work, I'd be extremely grateful.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Kirtland is the only team capable of beating Ironton in the entirety of Division V. Kirtland controlled Marion Local last year for 4 quarters. If Kirtland is as good or better than last year, this will be a helluva game. Kirtland plays very similar to Ironton. Both teams are physical and will run right at you. Ironton is tailor made to stop a team like Kirtland so I have to give the edge to Ironton but at the same time Kirtland has been doing the same thing for 10 years and there's been very few teams to stop them.

Good luck to the Tigers, representing SEO in Canton is a *big* deal.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the ol mighty spectrum cable provider will be televising the state championship weekend......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am
cbolt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm I don't know much about Kirtland this year. I watched them couple years ago when they bludgeon N-Y into submission in the State Semis with smash mouth physical football. Seems like their running backs were really quick! I hope mattash posts a live vid we can watch again.
Someone, I'm not certain who, had a live stream on youtube For the Burg State Championship. They live streamed a screen record on a laptop. The video was good. So........ if anyone can do that so I can watch this while at work, I'd be extremely grateful.
If you have an iPhone or a good Samsung you can watch on there

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:49 pm I seen where the Kirkland band started a benefit to get Irontons band to the state championship game. Were they not going to go?

If Ironton plays the way they did Saturday they stand a good chance at bringing home a state title to southern Ohio for the second time in three years.
They were raising money to charter buses so they'd not have to ride on a hook buses for that brutally long trip in the same.

They raised it but there were then none to lease

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am
If you have an iPhone or a good Samsung you can watch on there
You can also buy an inexpensive pad. I watched Ironton in northern
Michigan a while back on one. Great experience. I had it on video and Jason on IHeart on my phone

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”