2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance Down Again In 2019

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance Down Again In 2019

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:53 pm Obviously, some people don’t handle reality well and continue to look a fool. Location of games are about money AND keeping costs down for fans. Games may change once in a blue moon, but Stark County will have lots of years ahead in its future. Count on it. That’s the reality.
Some people don't handle the truth very well either, case in point I disputed over half of your nonsense and you still bring NO viable argument. I can see why you didn't last long as a coach, hard to learn and teach when you don't listen and apply.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Genius, I left a successful coaching gig to make MONEY. Much more money. Very happy with the outcome. Thanks for asking.

Your problem is you can’t accept the reality. Money makes the world go round. Money is why the games are in Canton. And you ducked most of the valid reasons why Stark Co. will keep the lions share of the games. But continue to look foolish.

Have gun, will travel
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:15 pm Genius, I left a successful coaching gig to make MONEY. Much more money. Very happy with the outcome. Thanks for asking.

Your problem is you can’t accept the reality. Money makes the world go round. Money is why the games are in Canton. And you ducked most of the valid reasons why Stark Co. will keep the lions share of the games. But continue to look foolish.
Keep dodging the reality that is your own ego. Successful, LOL. See when you use terms like this I can't take you seriously. Once again you're left dodging everything, it's ok man get your jollies in maybe you'll show back up on the site this time next year. It's hilarious honestly, because I think you actually believe what you say, I mean it's comical and sad all at the same time if that's possible. I'm watching this old school man pound his fist on a table saying, "Because I said so no other reasoning, why are you doubting me?" :lol: :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I love it. lol

Win league championship . Check

Have teams ranked in Top 10 polls (before playoffs). Check

Double income upon leaving coaching. Check

Make more than 10 times annual coaching/teaching salary during career. Check.

You were saying ?

Have gun, will travel
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:43 pm I love it. lol

You were saying ?
Saying about what?? I disputed all of your BS for Canton and you're telling me about your doubling your income upon leaving coaching. Coaches don't make anything so what'd you do start recycling?? I think it's hilarious you trying to make yourself to be more than what you were...it's not funny any more it's simply very sad. Sorry dude you obviously need this win more than I do, you've rarely experienced winning. Go on man pound your chest on this site, live it up, climb to the roof top and type away, tell us how great you are, we'll vouch for you. NEO for life right son.... :lol:

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:53 pm Obviously, some people don’t handle reality well and continue to look a fool. Location of games are about money AND keeping costs down for fans. Games may change once in a blue moon, but Stark County will have lots of years ahead in its future. Count on it. That’s the reality.
Do you never hear (see) what other people are saying? Attendance was dismal at best. Just a little over 4,000 people for the division 5 game. The division 1 game had oodles of seats, a friend of mine was there and said it was unbelievable how sparse the crowd was.

I was in Massillon when Ironton played Sandusky Perkins in 1999. The stadium was fairly well packed. Those days are gone, people are not going to Canton to watch the games or they're not watching them who live in Canton. Obviously the less people you have there the less money they're going to spend.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Another genius heard from. The water must be polluted down on the river. Numbers are down everywhere for the sport. Ohio St was n TV for the B1G championship in the comfort of your living room. Attendance wouldn’t be much different anywhere in the state and maybe worse. But that’s reality that the tunnel vision crowd must live with. Rant on, throw a tantrum and see if anyone cares. The games go on, like it or not.

Have gun, will travel
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:48 am Another genius heard from. The water must be polluted down on the river. Numbers are down everywhere for the sport. Ohio St was n TV for the B1G championship in the comfort of your living room. Attendance wouldn’t be much different anywhere in the state and maybe worse. But that’s reality that the tunnel vision crowd must live with. Rant on, throw a tantrum and see if anyone cares. The games go on, like it or not.
Ok, I thought about.being a bit rude with you but decided against that.

Attendance might be down for the sport but what does that have to do with this? We aren't talking about a 5 or 10% falloff, we are looking at more like 50% for these games, far greater than what you're talking about.

Secondly, if it wouldn't be different then why not have it more centrally located where it's far less of an economic burden to those on the far corners of the state?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Pennsylvania announced their state championship attendance ( at a central location - Hershey ). They drew 23k for 6 divisions. Ohio drew 45k for 7 divisions. Reality.

A championship game involving Youngstown area suburb Farrell, Pa vs a Catholic school drew less than 800.

Have gun, will travel
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I noticed attendance was really down this year teams just don’t seem to be traveling to away games that much

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Lol

“Crickets”

Have gun, will travel
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:48 am Another genius heard from. The water must be polluted down on the river. Numbers are down everywhere for the sport. Ohio St was n TV for the B1G championship in the comfort of your living room. Attendance wouldn’t be much different anywhere in the state and maybe worse. But that’s reality that the tunnel vision crowd must live with. Rant on, throw a tantrum and see if anyone cares. The games go on, like it or not.
Good job, you go dude you're awesome. Keep typing it up I've gained so much respect for your knowledge of the game and you truly are one of the best posters I've seen. I mean you give off meaningless statements and make them sound factual, you simply have no argument or justification when you are proven wrong, you make it look easy. I don't know how you do it but somehow you're able to talk out your mouth while having your head up well ya know. Awesome job love the multi-tasking, I'm just glad this site has helped you gain some confidence within yourself maybe you should try your hand at coaching again, someone somewhere is looking for a good cheer coach.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Pa has all the games on free TV, on a station that every TV in the state gets.
Indiana with 6 games had as many (nearly) fans as Ohio did in 7 games.

The OHSAA if they wanted to could rectify the problems, but they choose not to.

Yes, Canton has the mini NFL stadium but fans are not showing up.
Even fans in the Northeast are not going to these games.

With prices increases again this year, the games have become a lot like fast food, not family friendly.
There is noway any ticket for any high school game should out price any ticker to any college game.

The bottom line the OHSAA seems happy with their decisions when it comes to location, price of the games even with the low attendance.
It won't change until they, the OHSAA see a drop in the bottom line that causes them to do so.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:15 pm Genius, I left a successful coaching gig to make MONEY. Much more money. Very happy with the outcome. Thanks for asking.

Keep telling yourself that.

Is that why VERY few people in your old stomping grounds of SEO like you? I think you have it all wrong bro. But its your world, you keep living in Disneyland.

I know A LOT of people in your old neck of the woods and your name is about as clean as mud.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:43 pm I love it. lol

You were saying ?
Win with what the former coaches left you. Check.

Cant win on your own system without relying on the former system given to you. Check.

Create bad blood and turmoil to be ran out of the place. Check.

Then go on to a sports board to put those people down. Check.

Repeatedly act like you are the know all end all while EVERYONE laughs at you. Check.

You were saying?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:45 am Pa has all the games on free TV, on a station that every TV in the state gets.
Indiana with 6 games had as many (nearly) fans as Ohio did in 7 games.

The OHSAA if they wanted to could rectify the problems, but they choose not to.

Yes, Canton has the mini NFL stadium but fans are not showing up.
Even fans in the Northeast are not going to these games.

With prices increases again this year, the games have become a lot like fast food, not family friendly.
There is noway any ticket for any high school game should out price any ticker to any college game.

The bottom line the OHSAA seems happy with their decisions when it comes to location, price of the games even with the low attendance.
It won't change until they, the OHSAA see a drop in the bottom line that causes them to do so.
This I agree with 100%, in the end OHSAA simply isn't worried about it. They are there to make their money and content with that, even if they have ways of making improvements to try and increase revenue they are simply stuck in their old ways of thinking.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Live TV keeps a lot of people away. Even if they had tape delay the numbers would be better. The state wrestling tourney is not on TV and their attendance is about as high as it has ever been. Most people would rather just stay home and watch it in their living room rather than driving hundreds of miles and spending hundreds of dollars. Moving it to C-Bus or anywhere else wouldn't change things as long as they keep showing it live. The OHSAA has to know this but evidently the sponsor or rectrum money must be enough to offset it. Also someone mentioned earlier the same teams going every year would drop the numbers some, which is a good point.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

The atmosphere at Canton (and when in Massillon) greatly out weighs when games were in Columbus. The D7 games in Columbus looked like attendance at a Junior High game. (because of the expanse of the stadium). Attendance is down because of the cost ($17 for a high school game), outrageous, and if you have spectrum you can watch at home. I was speaking with several coaches and they are of the same belief. Way too costly! especially to just be a spectator and fan of the game! IMO

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

There are so so many divisions now. So EVERYONE can win something. It is like this in a lot of sports. Never used to be this way. About money.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The Flush wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm
Pol pot wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:46 pm
Otto wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:14 am If they really want Columbus, OHSAA should just arrange to have the games at Mapfre stadium(formerly Columbus Crew stadium) at the state fairgrounds. Its not the Shoe obviously, but its Columbus. It used to host playoff games until recently, and it currently hosts the soccer state finals, so they already have working deals with the owners. Tons of parking, and right off of 71.
Mapfre is grass.
It is very nice grass that can handle a downpour.
And 7 games in 2.5 days? Yeah, do not think so. And the OHSAA would be on the hook for repairs, reseeding, re-sodding, would just add to the cost. Now, if Mapfire was turf, well that would be different! However, the field is NOT turf.

Return to “Football”