Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by countywide35 »

I’m going to hold my breath...and wait for the “rematch” in 2020 inside the confines of Jackson’s Alumni Staduim...the first game of the year both teams can move on for 9more weeks playing football. The second time they would play ..one teams going home to start the off season. That’s the Ironton/Burg game that I want to see and want to see it in Jackson’s stadium.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gotta play the 1st one 1st county. I think this will be the largest crowd ever at a burg game. the excitement is back in the series.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:57 am gotta play the 1st one 1st county. I think this will be the largest crowd ever at a burg game. the excitement is back in the series.

I highly doubt that this will be the biggest crowd ever at Burg.

My guess would be when they played CAPE in 1986. I think all of Southern Ohio was there

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:03 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:57 am gotta play the 1st one 1st county. I think this will be the largest crowd ever at a burg game. the excitement is back in the series.

My guess would be when they played CAPE in 1986. I think all of Southern Ohio was there

Tiger Bait acts like since Ironton make a run in 2019 that all of southern Ohio is fascinated with Ironton football. Like we’ll be telling our grandkids about the time we watched an Ironton and Wheelersburg game. It’s not Michigan and Ohio State man .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

very possible.
I loved the ironton/cape series.
miss that rivaly don't you.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Tiger Bait acts like since Ironton make a run in 2019 that all of southern Ohio is fascinated with Ironton football. Like we’ll be telling our grandkids about the time we watched an Ironton and Wheelersburg game. It’s not Michigan and Ohio State man .
poo, you give me too much credit hoss. this is one of the best rivalries in the state. it hain't got anything to do with last year. but everything to do with a primary rivalry in southern ohio. mark my words standing room early at about 5:30. then you can tell me what a dipstick you think I am.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll be 60 in a few months, and I been around a block er 2. and more often than not, I generally know what I'm talking about.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I’ve been reading this for awhile now. Ironton will never be the same as when Lutz was there. Wheelersburg will win at least 8 out of 10 games in next ten years. Ironton fans has illusions of 20-30 years ago. kinda like 1 year wonders with half the team from area schools, like Wheelersburg does also, but Ironton will never become a consistent winner like Wheelersburg again. I can see Ironton maybe next year with the Ohio State recruit hanging around but after that, I see all down hill in this series and Wheelersburg will run offf a string of victory’s.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

primetime it is more to do with the talent pool than it is with Lutz. The Lutz years Ironton was blessed with lots of talent every year. It's nowhere near what it use to be. That's a fact.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:36 pm

poo, you give me too much credit hoss. this is one of the best rivalries in the state. it hain't got anything to do with last year. but everything to do with a primary rivalry in southern ohio. mark my words standing room early at about 5:30. then you can tell me what a dipstick you think I am.
There is literally threads on Wheelersburg 2020, Ironton 2020, Wheelersburg vs Ironton 2020, OSU coaches at Ironton 2020. Good programs yes but just stop acting like
People can’t stop talking about these two teams. I was at the game last year and was plenty of room, “But I’m just an ole cuntry boy like you so maybe I’ve dunn lost my marbles ole tiger bait”

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

You honestly believe this is one of the best rivalries in the state ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm

There is literally threads on Wheelersburg 2020, Ironton 2020, Wheelersburg vs Ironton 2020, OSU coaches at Ironton 2020. Good programs yes but just stop acting like
People can’t stop talking about these two teams. I was at the game last year and was plenty of room, “But I’m just an ole cuntry boy like you so maybe I’ve dunn lost my marbles ole tiger bait”
ah poo bear, it happens to everyone, myself included. I'm not basing a crowd size over a previous game. this is one of the premiere rivalries in the state. and one thing I love about our football down south. we don't have big consolidated districts. which makes each district more proud of accomplishments. and by and large every program is almost all homegrown. there will always be transfers, open enrollment and the like. but by and large our teams are made up of our own young'uns. but I figure burg/ironton fans were not attending as much lately, fans not coming thinking a game is over before it starts. bored with the outcomes. but tiger fans have been awakened, now more of both sides fan will be there. and ironton is the ovc league champs, the state runners up. and that will just fuel this rivalry on farther. and burg fans suffered through a season unlike any recently. ton's of injuries, and just losses to other foes, it's practically not heard of there. trust me when I tell ya it'll be standing room only by 5:30. there is nothing wrong in a rivalry being fird back up. and the fact ironton still leads the series, but it's very, very close makes it all the more special. and you'll have many that miss their own game to watch this one. even fans from ky. I would not say this if I hadn't seen it for nearly 60 years. and the dirty south down here needs these rivalries more than ever. I'd love to see the Portsmouth/ burg rivalry fire back up as well. it's likely the winner of the burg/ironton game will likely still be standing at the regional finals. and you just have to get lucky from there. it is just wonderful having this rivalry. it just kills me I can't come to more games. and with mrs. bait gone. I can't see to drive at night. so I may have to catch them all on the radio from now on. but that don't make me any less of a fighting tiger fan. and throw in the fact carrico is a senior. they'll be folks come to the game, to just get a chance to watch him. we got a big show that is waking back up. and burg will have revenge on their minds. because the 1st have was a dead half last year. and a defensive clinic by both sides. then after the 1/2 burg's lack of depth, esp. at qb was too much to overcome. trust me, we expect nothing short of a brawl in this one.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:46 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm

ah poo bear, it happens to everyone, myself included. I'm not basing a crowd size over a previous game. this is one of the premiere rivalries in the state. and one thing I love about our football down south. we don't have big consolidated districts. which makes each district more proud of accomplishments. and by and large every program is almost all homegrown. there will always be transfers, open enrollment and the like. but by and large our teams are made up of our own young'uns. but I figure burg/ironton fans were not attending as much lately, fans not coming thinking a game is over before it starts. bored with the outcomes. but tiger fans have been awakened, now more of both sides fan will be there. and ironton is the ovc league champs, the state runners up. and that will just fuel this rivalry on farther. and burg fans suffered through a season unlike any recently. ton's of injuries, and just losses to other foes, it's practically not heard of there. trust me when I tell ya it'll be standing room only by 5:30. there is nothing wrong in a rivalry being fird back up. and the fact ironton still leads the series, but it's very, very close makes it all the more special. and you'll have many that miss their own game to watch this one. even fans from ky. I would not say this if I hadn't seen it for nearly 60 years. and the dirty south down here needs these rivalries more than ever. I'd love to see the Portsmouth/ burg rivalry fire back up as well. it's likely the winner of the burg/ironton game will likely still be standing at the regional finals. and you just have to get lucky from there. it is just wonderful having this rivalry. it just kills me I can't come to more games. and with mrs. bait gone. I can't see to drive at night. so I may have to catch them all on the radio from now on. but that don't make me any less of a fighting tiger fan. and throw in the fact carrico is a senior. they'll be folks come to the game, to just get a chance to watch him. we got a big show that is waking back up. and burg will have revenge on their minds. because the 1st have was a dead heat last year. and a defensive clinic by both sides. then after the 1/2 burg's lack of depth, esp. at qb was too much to overcome. trust me, we expect nothing short of a brawl in this one.
Again , I was there last year . Was plenty of room
Even before the rain, yes Ironton struggled with Burg and this was with Mathews having to play QB.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

30-6 a struggle?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

12gauge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 am 30-6 a struggle?
Yeah I believe was tied or very close midway though 3. The game was far from a beatdown.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000:
2000: Ironton 10 Burg 3
2001: Ironton 42 Burg 0
2002: Ironton 24 Burg 9
2003: Ironton 22 Burg 10
2004: Ironton 21 Burg 0
2005: Ironton 7 Burg 6
2006: Ironton 24 Burg 21
2007: Burg 39 Ironton 6
2008: Burg 23 Ironton 22
2009: Ironton 24 Burg 8
2010: Ironton 12 Burg 7
2011: Ironton 42 Burg 13
2012: Ironton 32 Burg 27
2013: Burg 49 Ironton 12
2014: Burg 42 Ironton 16
Playoffs: Burg 38 Ironton 7
2015: Burg 14 Ironton 6
Playoffs: Burg 38 Ironton 7
2016: Burg 49 Ironton 6
2017: Burg 48 Ironton 3
2018: Burg 28 Ironton 6
2019: Ironton 30 Burg 6

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:00 pm
12gauge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 am 30-6 a struggle?
Yeah I believe was tied or very close midway though 3. The game was far from a beatdown.
Ironton was loaded last year or should I say loaded up last year and burg was mediocre. You’re right. Burg wasn’t as good but made a game of it.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

The next 3 will be Ironton wins in this series. After that Ironton drops off quite a bit and Burg’s 8th grade looks very solid.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:12 pm The next 3 will be Ironton wins in this series. After that Ironton drops off quite a bit and Burg’s 8th grade looks very solid.
:lol:

I’ll give you a slight edge this year but that’s pushing it.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

laser breath wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:16 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:12 pm The next 3 will be Ironton wins in this series. After that Ironton drops off quite a bit and Burg’s 8th grade looks very solid.
:lol:

I’ll give you a slight edge this year but that’s pushing it.
I’ll tell my grandkids about the time we went to see Ironton 🤦‍♂️

Return to “Football”