Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

kantucky
Varsity

Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by kantucky »

This game will be one of the most talked about ever next year. The Tigers will want to establish a streak. The Pirates wont be able to tolerate the thought of back to back losses to the Tigers.

Who's going win?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by mattash »

Battle of two new young QBs

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg has a lot to replace. Matthews and Horsley were both three year starters on offense and defense. Heard Freshman team was pretty good so might be quite a few Sophomores playing.

Ironton returns Carrico and not sure what else.

It’s at the Burg. Should be another great game.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Well I guess it depends on how many one and done's your west side coach brings in. Lol

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

And if Wheelersburg's Competitive balance number goes up from 28!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Lol, you guys that aren't even Ironton fans run your mouth about burg kids. I can think of 1 kid in the last 5 years that has come to burg after their high school year. You minford people hate getting your ass beat by the burg. 😂😂

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Ironton loses a lot. Salyers at QB, not to mention Fosson, Jones, Grizzle... hard to replace those guys.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Burgs gonna be down. Anyone wanna come join mission15 20/20

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I believe people will be very surprised how good the Tigers will be again next year. Yeah, it's TRUE we are losing some amazing talent but I also know what's coming up (someone already suggested what's coming in as well Lol) .

Burg will be much better next year and. In my eyes I still see them having the best program in southern Ohio but I believe Coach Pendleton has serious designs on seizing that lofty honor. Big question mark is the same one we heard about coach Lutz for 30 some odd years, IE he'll be leaving soon and going to greener grass. If that gets bad, IN MY OPINION and Coach Pendleton is indeed content at Ironton, he'd be far better served by addressing and squashing those rumors. Letting fans and team know hes there for a while.

Burgs QB will have close to a years experience next year while the Tiger's slot remains a big question mark. Running backs at Ironton will be their strength again next year,. We will have maybe less beef coming at you there but more speed, a lot more I think.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Burg lost too much to compete with Ironton. Only thing that's going to help Wheelersburg next year is the fact that every team in the SOC is down. Don't see Wheelersburg beating Ironton, Ashland, Jackson or Chillicothe if that's who replaces Hartley.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

kantucky wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:08 am I believe people will be very surprised how good the Tigers will be again next year. Yeah, it's TRUE we are losing some amazing talent but I also know what's coming up (someone already suggested what's coming in as well Lol) .

Burg will be much better next year and. In my eyes I still see them having the best program in southern Ohio but I believe Coach Pendleton has serious designs on seizing that lofty honor. Big question mark is the same one we heard about coach Lutz for 30 some odd years, IE he'll be leaving soon and going to greener grass. If that gets bad, IN MY OPINION and Coach Pendleton is indeed content at Ironton, he'd be far better served by addressing and squashing those rumors. Letting fans and team know hes there for a while.

Burgs QB will have close to a years experience next year while the Tiger's slot remains a big question mark. Running backs at Ironton will be their strength again next year,. We will have maybe less beef coming at you there but more speed, a lot more I think.
Are you saying Burg will be much better next year than they were this year. Burg's sophomore QB was yanked this year and then had to split time with a freshman QB who very well be the starter next year

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

There will be a lot of changes for these 2 teams, you guys can argue about who has more to replace. Me I'll wait till about June or July and see what each team has going out there. For ironton you just don't replace multiple state honored players at a DV school in southern ohio and expect to be just great if not better than this year. Look no further than burg in what all they had to replace from last year. Good luck guys, hit the weight room as Kirtland is already in there today preparing for another state title run.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 am There will be a lot of changes for these 2 teams, you guys can argue about who has more to replace. Me I'll wait till about June or July and see what each team has going out there. For ironton you just don't replace multiple state honored players at a DV school in southern ohio and expect to be just great if not better than this year. Look no further than burg in what all they had to replace from last year. Good luck guys, hit the weight room as Kirtland is already in there today preparing for another state title run.
I would think that Kirtland also has a really good wrestling program to go along with a really good weight program? It seems as though good wrestling programs are just as beneficial as weights for a lot of these northern schools.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton does return a lot next year They lose a lot also. To me the defense may be a little worse than this year but offensively I think they will be very good next year. To be sophomores and a freshman I think the carter kid and the Duncan kid will both step up a lot next year

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Ironton returns a lot on O Line. DLine lost Jones and Fossen. Big losses but 33/36 back and look good. Secondary lost a lot too .

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I would think the Miller boy is the favorite to be the qb at burg next year. He will be a senior? And if he’s healthy.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

It’s time for Mr. Pendleton to hit the recruiting board!

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am I would think the Miller boy is the favorite to be the qb at burg next year. He will be a senior? And if he’s healthy.
Doubt it Miller should be the slot receiver.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton Secondary lost two starters return two and one that played a good anount

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

_BlackBeard_ wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:50 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am I would think the Miller boy is the favorite to be the qb at burg next year. He will be a senior? And if he’s healthy.
Doubt it Miller should be the slot receiver.
Agree
The freshman qb is going to be special

Return to “Football”