Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by SpeedKillz »

There is that inflated Burg fan base you all love so much. Last August they were 5 deep at every position with blistering team speed. As time to show up at Tanks came near they transformed into 10 execuses deep at every position and they got snuffed. Then toward the end of the season and going into the playoffs, the big puff fish started feeling insecure again and started puffing her chest and talking about who is scared and rematches. Then just like last time, she got snuffed only to turn around the very next week and watch big brother handle the big bad bully who snuffed her. Awful lot of talk coming from little sister. Last checked she hasn't been able to get it done since she got her edge pinched against Madison.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I look forward to seeing how both programs come out in 2020. I think this is always a great test in week 1. How much did Ironton lose? How much has Burg regained? This usually sets a great tone for the winners season. However, it usually makes the loser hungrier and helps focus them on a great season. It appears some small momentum may be gaining in Ironton based on big wins in 2019 football and 2020 boys and girls basketball vs Burg.
This should be a great summer period to see what program gets upper hand in off season work

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 pm There is that inflated Burg fan base you all love so much. Last August they were 5 deep at every position with blistering team speed. As time to show up at Tanks came near they transformed into 10 execuses deep at every position and they got snuffed. Then toward the end of the season and going into the playoffs, the big puff fish started feeling insecure again and started puffing her chest and talking about who is scared and rematches. Then just like last time, she got snuffed only to turn around the very next week and watch big brother handle the big bad bully who snuffed her. Awful lot of talk coming from little sister. Last checked she hasn't been able to get it done since she got her edge pinched against Madison.
For one, Burg lost to Johnstown, not Madison. Secondly, you seem to be pretty content, even happy, after the first Ironton win since 2012? Wasn't it little sister who did what Ironton couldn't? Win a state title in recent history? Congrats on a great season man hope you can keep it up for years to come.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:11 am If I were Ironton I would not want to go to the Burg and play this game.... They had their 1st win in 7 years and it will be another 7 before they get their next one... Their stacked team should have one it all this year and they came up a little short ..
you silly. stir that pot big boy. the tigers play as well on the road as they do at home. this will easily be the hugest crowd maybe ever at burg. it will be the largest crowd the fighting tigers see in the regular season. and I think it will be a fantastic matchup. burg with revenge , and ironton wanting to continue to lead the series between the 2. ironton has read so much about the burg's dominance the past 10 years, here and elsewhere. it provide plenty of locker room information for the tigers to read. and how this year's bombing of burg was a fluke. we'll see as we restore things back to normal in ''fighting tiger'' country. 8-)

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This game will be very competitive. Either way in this one. I’ll go way too early prediction and give burg a +3

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 am This game will be very competitive. Either way in this one. I’ll go way too early prediction and give burg a +3
Woby , you have become the voice of reason in a crazy world

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and I'm a nucleur physiscist poo. and on my days off i do open heart surgeries, lol

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Where's Ironton's 2019 State Title? Oh wait, they got railed in the final. What is Ironton's State Championship Record, and what is Burg's State Championship record? Burg is better

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton has history burg has history. Both pretty good teams for 2020. Ironton will take a small step back while burg will take a small step forward. Will it be enough to overcome ironton. Not sure but I’m hoping

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 am Where's Ironton's 2019 State Title? Oh wait, they got railed in the final. What is Ironton's State Championship Record, and what is Burg's State Championship record? Burg is better
this is the absolute 1st I've heard of this revelation of ironton getting cheated in this most recent state title game. how did I not knowthat, I've watched it like 3 times. I have always wondered about the different side effects of certain medications. heck, I think it's awesome burg is 2 for 2 in state title games. and that both our programs both have multiple state titles now. I know now, i'll never try smoking anything out of a package from the vape shop, or gas station.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 am Where's Ironton's 2019 State Title? Oh wait, they got railed in the final. What is Ironton's State Championship Record, and what is Burg's State Championship record? Burg is better
this is the absolute 1st I've heard of this revelation of ironton getting cheated in this most recent state title game. how did I not knowthat, I've watched it like 3 times. I have always wondered about the different side effects of certain medications. heck, I think it's awesome burg is 2 for 2 in state title games. and that both our programs both have multiple state titles now. I know now, i'll never try smoking anything out of a package from the vape shop, or gas station.
I don't inhale anything either, in fact I lost my dad to him inhaling cigarette smoke. Try again old timer.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:11 am If I were Ironton I would not want to go to the Burg and play this game.... They had their 1st win in 7 years and it will be another 7 before they get their next one... Their stacked team should have one it all this year and they came up a little short ..
you silly. stir that pot big boy. the tigers play as well on the road as they do at home. this will easily be the hugest crowd maybe ever at burg. it will be the largest crowd the fighting tigers see in the regular season. and I think it will be a fantastic matchup. burg with revenge , and ironton wanting to continue to lead the series between the 2. ironton has read so much about the burg's dominance the past 10 years, here and elsewhere. it provide plenty of locker room information for the tigers to read. and how this year's bombing of burg was a fluke. we'll see as we restore things back to normal in ''fighting tiger'' country. 8-)
I am silly huh? Just the facts please , Burg always brings a crowd each and every game and each and every year , every Team has on their calendars every year for regular season the Beat the Burg more than any other team !!! THAT IS A FACT. Another Fact is that Ironton did not need to read so much of the Burg's dominance for the last 10 years , as you stated above, they experienced the Dominance over the last 10 years! Ironton was the much better Team than the Burg was 2019 that is another Fact.. You will never see me post any excuses on here win the Burg loses any game. I would even go further and say if the Burg did not have the 3 injuries before the season even started, especially the QB position they probably still w=would have lost this game, however it would have been much closer ...

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Word of advice, anyone that got beat 30~6 should not ask about that team losing a State Championship game.
It makes you look foolish. The Burg will have their chance at home come August to take care of business.
Until then accept the beating you got and work harder to get better.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:41 pm Word of advice, anyone that got beat 30~6 should not ask about that team losing a State Championship game.
It makes you look foolish. The Burg will have their chance at home come August to take care of business.
Your point lol :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am
I don't inhale anything either, in fact I lost my dad to him inhaling cigarette smoke. Try again old timer.
yeah brother. I lost 2 grandparents to the same thing on my mom's side.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am
I quit smoking about 30 years ago, when my oldest son was born. right around that time frame. I had a spell where I drank a few wine coolers maybe 12 years ago. but that was it. had a mike's hard lemonade at my campfire like 2 years ago. it was good. and I didn't ask for another. don't want to poke that bear again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Sport Fan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:36 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 pm
I am silly huh? Just the facts please , Burg always brings a crowd each and every game and each and every year , every Team has on their calendars every year for regular season the Beat the Burg more than any other team !!! THAT IS A FACT. Another Fact is that Ironton did not need to read so much of the Burg's dominance for the last 10 years , as you stated above, they experienced the Dominance over the last 10 years! Ironton was the much better Team than the Burg was 2019 that is another Fact.. You will never see me post any excuses on here win the Burg loses any game. I would even go further and say if the Burg did not have the 3 injuries before the season even started, especially the QB position they probably still w=would have lost this game, however it would have been much closer ...
I agree

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:41 pm Word of advice, anyone that got beat 30~6 should not ask about that team losing a State Championship game.
I totally agree dutch. the 1st half was a dead heat. after that it got purty bad. and after 10 years of getting boot stomped by burg, I hope it started a new trend in this series. who knows or cares about last year or next year. we got a series again, I hope. quickly turning in to one of my favorite rivalries ever. porstmouth, Ashland, and burg, are games I always hope happens. and Russell for that matter outside of ovc play. I always like the belfry, and Columbus desales series as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the desales series got lopsided in the stallions favor. but it was great preparation for the playoffs even if you just won one every now and again. and the belfry pirate series was awesome as well. but both are so far away. so glad ironton is in a league now with teams their size. and they have 3 very competitive out of conference games with burg, Russell, and Ashland. a couple of my other favorites were Jackson, logan, Athens, gahs who is in our league now. the biggest of the ovc schools.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

If either team doesn't have the other on their mind whenever they think about 2020, seems putting any hope of Stark Co to the wayside cause you can't get there without going through the other.....

Them Tigers need to walk into Burg's stadium and make an absolutely LOUD and PROUD statement come this August that won't be forgotten for years to come. They just think last year was a fluke in Tank Stadium.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”