SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:24 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:37 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Who ever remembers second place ?
the programs that were there do.
Truthfully, No one really cares if you win it. After you win it, it’s just a memory

There is truth to that. You put so much preperation in that it goes by like a blur.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

kantucky wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:55 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm Ironton returns some nice pieces where burg will actually be fielding a new offensive team except for maybe two players. Defensive line will be a mystery as to who will step up but defensive backfield and lb will be their strong suit. Ironton will have no idea what to expect offensively out of the burg. I think they will be better suited passing next year but that’s just my opinion on it. I think ironton will run more compared to this year. That will be their strong suit. Irontons o line and d line look good but their secondary will need players to fill voids.
Sounds very accurate. You all tossed a monkey wrench at us this year when you changed QB's. A learning experience for our new staff I'm thinking. This game will be huge, it's worthy of all the attention it gets I think.

Also, by being the first game of the year, it really doesn't totally prepare either team to face the other in the post season as both teams will have mutated by then from way back in the summer
This should really be the final regular season game for both programs. I think it would make everything surrounding this game and Ironton/Burg week bigger for both schools and communities.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D LOVE TO SEE PORTSMOUTH WEEK 9 AND BURG WEEK 10

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but I am so glad this series continues. I'd love to see burg/Portsmouth start back up as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I like it at beginning. Kicks off the season with a bang.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

7 pages on this titanic matchup and we still got 9 more days before Christmas. this could be a new record for comments, stay tuned, it'll get real.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Ironton had a surge in talent. Talent evens out a little more. Carrico still gives tigers a little edge. Burg will be at home and have coach advantage. Burg by 3

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:27 am Ironton had a surge in talent. Talent evens out a little more. Carrico still gives tigers a little edge. Burg will be at home and have coach advantage. Burg by 3
So much of the narrative, can and will change by then I'm not even sure how anyone can put a score on it in December. I get it though it's for fun and per speculation so we'll see.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is supposed to be fun goose, and why not. and I love it. helps ole bait pass the winter away. I appreciate your posts. there's a whole heapa time between now and late august. and laser could have the 8th circuit court after us by then, and may have added ben gay to our laundry load of jockey straps. and just sit back and see what happens when it's leventy hundred degrees in august. heck chase young may skip the draft all together and play his senior season at ironton. so he can win a Heisman. surely he's got wind of what's goin on in tiger town.
sorry bout that good Lord I apologize that was directed right between ole laser's shoulder. that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. dang skippy let's have some fun with it. it's a high school football game for petes sake.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I say we hit 30 pages by valentine's day.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I heard that Kicker Braxton Sammons was transitioning to play QB next year, JV Kicker Braxton Rase beat him out of the job. Got word that Sammons went to Woodward directly and said hes QB or he is quitting.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:41 pm I heard that Kicker Braxton Sammons was transitioning to play QB next year, JV Kicker Braxton Rase beat him out of the job. Got word that Sammons went to Woodward directly and said hes QB or he is quitting.
:lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what's funny about gossip about a high school kid laser. nothing, that's the answer. I'm not so sure you're not one myself. kids do not need to read negative comments about themselves. and sometimes bullying can become fatal to kids this age. don't be a part of that.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:35 am what's funny about gossip about a high school kid laser. nothing, that's the answer. I'm not so sure you're not one myself. kids do not need to read negative comments about themselves. and sometimes bullying can become fatal to kids this age. don't be a part of that.
Because you have to know the kids and know that he’s joking. Or you can read into and try to make something out of nothing. Don’t be that guy.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:41 pm I heard that Kicker Braxton Sammons was transitioning to play QB next year, JV Kicker Braxton Rase beat him out of the job. Got word that Sammons went to Woodward directly and said hes QB or he is quitting.
Burg wont have to worry about a kicker for awhile. Was really impressed with the 8th grade kicker this year. Seen him twice and he only missed 1 extra point the only reason he missed was we jumped off sides and blocked it. Has a really good leg.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

What's the deal with all these parents naming their kid Braxton? It seems like the trendy thing lately. I don't get it. When I was in school (80's and 90's) there weren't any kids with that name.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Otto wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:13 pm
What's the deal with all these parents naming their kid Braxton? It seems like the trendy thing lately. I don't get it. When I was in school (80's and 90's) there weren't any kids with that name.
When I was in school in the 40s and 50s the only names I knew were Tommy, Jimmy, Sally and Thelma................Tommy and Jimmy played football and Sally and Thelma were cheerleaders......no such thing as a Majorette as we had no band.........

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:39 pm I say we hit 30 pages by valentine's day.
It’s been a while for ironton
They have a lot of catching up to do

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

laser breath wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:35 am what's funny about gossip about a high school kid laser. nothing, that's the answer. I'm not so sure you're not one myself. kids do not need to read negative comments about themselves. and sometimes bullying can become fatal to kids this age. don't be a part of that.
Because you have to know the kids and know that he’s joking. Or you can read into and try to make something out of nothing. Don’t be that guy.
no I don't know the person, it's still wrong. and no I hain't that guy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:53 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:39 pm I say we hit 30 pages by valentine's day.
It’s been a while for ironton
They have a lot of catching up to do
nut laser is good for 20 pages by himself.

Return to “Football”