Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: Ironton 2020

Post by PirateFan[69] »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:46 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:24 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:46 am ^Again, not one of the kids mentioned on that website you posted are playing for a major D1 university. Matter of fact, I've never ever heard of any of the programs for which they're playing. Valpo makes into the NCAA basketball tourny every once in a blue moon, but I've never hear of their football program. Valpo is most certainly not a major D1 football program. Pikeville, Ky Morehead, KY, and Washington University at St. Louis, MO aren't anywhere where close to being D1 programs. I'm sure the kids will enjoy their experiences, but it is what it is.

I guess you can go play for the private college like the weak sister's of the poor and call yourself a college athlete but their student loan debt is going to something they'll be paying most of their adult life. Although, best of luck to them.
You are irrelevant and must now ask before making a post. This one post is enough nonsense to make a man ponder his life decisions.
Wheelersburg is irrelevant. Zero kids playing at a major D1 university now and in the past 20+ years. Much less any of them ever graduated of one of them or even a Mid-Major D1 university. They move right back home after a few years to cope with their big fish in a small pond syndrome, and Shawnee State is the best that most of them will ever accomplish.
You spelled from wrong in your username

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:24 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:24 am

You are irrelevant and must now ask before making a post. This one post is enough nonsense to make a man ponder his life decisions.
Wheelersburg is irrelevant. Zero kids playing at a major D1 university now and in the past 20+ years. Much less any of them ever graduated of one of them or even a Mid-Major D1 university. They move right back home after a few years to cope with their big fish in a small pond syndrome, and Shawnee State is the best that most of them will ever accomplish.
FYI, The site said my user name was too long and I had to shorten it. So I had to improvise, I took out the some of the vowels and abbreviated. I'm sure you get it.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

laser breath wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 pm Some bigtime coaches visiting I Town including Ryan Day. Take note area athletes with a dream of playing next level. We’re just different.
Nah. Ironton is just the ones who scream as loud as they can about it in hopes of recruiting some others in. Let me fill you in on a secret. It’s not gonna work

McCray OU minford
Pleasant OU. Coal Grove ... probably NFL
Scott WVU East.
Gerald OSU. East
Madden. Marshall Minford

And of course
Holden OSU if he wanted to. Lol. Burg...maybe NBA lol

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... Zp8TAwuEJ/
Holden was never offered by OSU. Many kids go on visits, few get offered. I’m happy to see the young man is doing well at Wright State.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:35 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 pm Some bigtime coaches visiting I Town including Ryan Day. Take note area athletes with a dream of playing next level. We’re just different.
Nah. Ironton is just the ones who scream as loud as they can about it in hopes of recruiting some others in. Let me fill you in on a secret. It’s not gonna work

McCray OU minford
Scott WVU East.
Gerald OSU. East
Madden. Marshall Minford

And of course

Holden was never offered by OSU. Many kids go on visits, few get offered. I’m happy to see the young man is doing well at Wright State.
Holden was never offered because I was told he showed little to no interest in playing football. If he would have, he’d 100 percent be offered. Talk to anyone. They’d tell you they thought he’d been special in college. I agree. He’s great at Wright state and could end up transferring but those 6’5 receivers that run like deer and can catch are a hot commodity in any level of football.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

laser breath wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:23 pm

McCray OU minford
Scott WVU East.
Gerald OSU. East
Madden. Marshall Minford

And of course

Holden was never offered because I was told he showed little to no interest in playing football. If he would have, he’d 100 percent be offered. Talk to anyone. They’d tell you they thought he’d been special in college. I agree. He’s great at Wright state and could end up transferring but those 6’5 receivers that run like deer and can catch are a hot commodity in any level of football.
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda! Listen, LOL! Listen Loser Breath, I follow Bucknutz, Eleven Warriors, BuckeyePlanet, etc. very close. I even go up to Columbus, watch the workouts for recruits and Holden was briefly on OSU's radar. He never went up for a formal workout, he just got to stand on the sideline for one game. There was never ever any whatsoever an offer proffered to him.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda! Listen, LOL! Listen Loser Breath, I follow Bucknutz, Eleven Warriors, BuckeyePlanet, etc. very close. I even go up to Columbus, watch the workouts for recruits and Holden was briefly on OSU's radar. He never went up for a formal workout, he just got to stand on the sideline for one game. There was never ever any whatsoever an offer proffered to him.
He wasn’t on the radar until he shredded urban Myers sons team as a junior and Urban’s wife immediately called him and said you need to get this kid. Holden entertained the informal offer briefly but again you don’t know how to comprehend anything, he was never that interested. Who gives two dumps if eleven warriors followed him. According to the article Urban spoke directly to him. You think he’s going to just call up just any kid out there? Lol. And if you don’t believe that tanner Holden could’ve played on that high of a level then you have tipped your cap as to your knowledge of football. He was legit.

Honestly I find it a tad odd you even care and even more odd you watch recruits.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:32 am

FYI, The site said my user name was too long and I had to shorten it. So I had to improvise, I took out the some of the vowels and abbreviated. I'm sure you get it.
If you’re from cinati, you must be a big burg fan to come and pair and their success

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

McCray OU minford
Scott WVU East.
Gerald OSU. East
Madden. Marshall Minford

And of course

Why would Holden transfer from Wright State? Kid is starting and doing well as a freshman for one of best mid-major teams in the country.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The only reason Holden would transfer is if a team needed his services and he felt he could win a national championship or try to improve his draft status. Other than that, I agree why would he transfer.

Posters need to take this discussion to the other thread about Holden. This needs to stay on topic on Ironton’s football team in 2020.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

laser breath wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:19 pm

He wasn’t on the radar until he shredded urban Myers sons team as a junior and Urban’s wife immediately called him and said you need to get this kid. Holden entertained the informal offer briefly but again you don’t know how to comprehend anything, he was never that interested. Who gives two dumps if eleven warriors followed him. According to the article Urban spoke directly to him. You think he’s going to just call up just any kid out there? Lol. And if you don’t believe that tanner Holden could’ve played on that high of a level then you have tipped your cap as to your knowledge of football. He was legit.

Honestly I find it a tad odd you even care and even more odd you watch recruits.
Loser Breath: Your facts are so distorted that I find it difficult to respond to such stupidity. Urbans wife texted or tweeted to "Take a look at this kid." He was invited up to stand on the sideline, but that's all it really amounted to was a text and an invite. There are many kids that get this, but reading the articles Holden even says, "To play at this level, I realize how much harder I have to work," and that's about as far as it really went.

I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but you come on here and act like he burt Okudah shorts off the turf. Get real dude. Compared to the Cincy GCL's Wrs and DBs, man get outta SE Ohia. It begs the question, "Why isn't he playing hoops for UK, Duke, UNC or even Indiana?" He's playing for Wright St. in Dayton, OH. Good for him. Many kids from your area have started as Freshman for that school. I hope he does make it to the NBA, but your have to be real with your expectations or else.

FYI, I'm enough of a Buckeye booster to have invites to recruiting tryouts and, stand on the sideline for the spring game. 4-Season tickets in Section 24A. GO BUCKS!!

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pm

If you’re from cinati, you must be a big burg fan to come and pair and their success

FYI,I'm following Carrico's and his accomplishments to be an Ohio State Buckeye. Also, many other the Ironton's prospects.

Really, I've never heard of your town, but I after reading some of your posts; I see that you said Carricos's overrated blah, blah, blah. Reading more into your posts, you have an obsession with Ironton and their kids success. You haven't had a kid like this in decades, and you can stand it can you?

I bet you're a guy that went to Otterbein, or a school of the like and, after 2-yrs you ended you're over $80k in debt and realized it was a bad decision. You now have a student loan payment of $800-month, and ended up attending Shawnee State. Now, you're right back in your little 'burg dealing with your big fish in a small pond complex. Get over yourself and leave the OSU Ironton recruits alone.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:36 am
laser breath wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:19 pm

Loser Breath: Your facts are so distorted that I find it difficult to respond to such stupidity. Urbans wife texted or tweeted to "Take a look at this kid." He was invited up to stand on the sideline, but that's all it really amounted to was a text and an invite. There are many kids that get this, but reading the articles Holden even says, "To play at this level, I realize how much harder I have to work," and that's about as far as it really went.

I'm not saying Holden isn't an athlete, but you come on here and act like he burt Okudah shorts off the turf. Get real dude. Compared to the Cincy GCL's Wrs and DBs, man get outta SE Ohia. It begs the question, "Why isn't he playing hoops for UK, Duke, UNC or even Indiana?" He's playing for Wright St. in Dayton, OH. Good for him. Many kids from your area have started as Freshman for that school. I hope he does make it to the NBA, but your have to be real with your expectations or else.

FYI, I'm enough of a Buckeye booster to have invites to recruiting tryouts and, stand on the sideline for the spring game. 4-Season tickets in Section 24A. GO BUCKS!!
You’ve already tipped your cap. Holden never worked hard in football. Ever. It was just natural ability.
But if he wanted to pursue football, put the effort in, go to camps, and do the work, he would’ve been offered easily. He spent all his summer in AAU basketball. He entertained football when Ohio State took notice. I know he was being pursued by a ton of D1 schools but He never listened until the bucks started looking. He’s the best skilled athlete I’ve seen potential wise for a long time in this area. I know that’s my opinion and others may disagree but to sound like he was just an average player is just mind boggling. Kid is legit and he’s proving it at wright state.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:50 am

FYI,I'm following Carrico's and his accomplishments to be an Ohio State Buckeye. Also, many other the Ironton's prospects.

Really, I've never heard of your town, but I after reading some of your posts; I see that you said Carricos's overrated blah, blah, blah. Reading more into your posts, you have an obsession with Ironton and their kids success. You haven't had a kid like this in decades, and you can stand it can you?

I bet you're a guy that went to Otterbein, or a school of the like and, after 2-yrs you ended you're over $80k in debt and realized it was a bad decision. You now have a student loan payment of $800-month, and ended up attending Shawnee State. Now, you're right back in your little 'burg dealing with your big fish in a small pond complex. Get over yourself and leave the OSU Ironton recruits alone.
Have you ever heard the name Tanner Holden, and actually I am in high school, not in debt, and get on this great site to have a good time and chat with some great people. The banter is not at all serious. I full-heartedly know that Carrico os not overrated. For you to spend time reading my posts is very dedicated of you, and shows that you are getting distracted from your original plan of watching carrico. Get on task my friend!

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

What does any past Wheelersburg player have to do with Ironton? lets get back to talking about ironton 2020. Ill start, will there be anyone in the stands after halftime on the home side of game 1?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 pm What does any past Wheelersburg player have to do with Ironton? lets get back to talking about ironton 2020. Ill start, will there be anyone in the stands after halftime on the home side of game 1?
Probably not. Burg fans tend not to come to games they know they can win.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:57 pm
Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 pm What does any past Wheelersburg player have to do with Ironton? lets get back to talking about ironton 2020. Ill start, will there be anyone in the stands after halftime on the home side of game 1?
I was wondering what happened last year. Now I know. Thanks. I thought that maybe it was just the rain.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:18 pm
laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:57 pm
I was wondering what happened last year. Now I know. Thanks. I thought that maybe it was just the rain.
Got to give you one every now and then for your Facebook page. Lol

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:50 am

Hey Big Daddy- not sure what those last 2 misspelled words are in your username. Dude, are you the same man as THE Larry "I'm so" Fine?" You sound just like him bro. Lots of nonsense, and surely not two misinformed dudes in the same town. I mean hopefully not.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good to see Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Ohio University, Bowling Green and Toledo Coaches back in Ironton the last few Days.

Good luck to Noah Davis on his visit to Urbana.

Congratulations to Junior Jones on being selected to play in the North South All Star game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I would agree buckeye. I for one am proud of any athletes that get to compete past high school. not to mention the education aspect. it's great to see it rewarded.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”