River Valley Athletic HoF

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley Athletic HoF

Post by Rvfan »

Charlie Tweeder wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:04 pm
sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:07 pm So you’re impressed with the leading scorer on a 2-18 team? We can agree to disagree. I just think if that leading scorer was so good then they would have led their team to a substantial amount of wins.

Cole Young best all around player in RV history period. He made an electrifying plays every game and made you say wow. His ability to do literally anything on the field makes him HoF worthy. Wasn't one dimensional, he had the power to run you over, the elusiveness to juke you out, and the speed to break away. I don't remember anyone being able to do what he could do, especially when the opposing team knew what he was gonna do and they still couldn't stop him. So quit hating on the kid.
Cole Young isn't the only kid in the school to do great things. If you'd follow RV sports, you'd know Weber, who graduated last year, is probably the only kid from RV history to go to state in 2 sports, track and wrestling, with the team and by himself. Also the Twyman girl is making waves in xc, track and I think swim, and she's a sophomore.

Imthedaddy91
Waterboy

Post by Imthedaddy91 »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:07 pm So you’re impressed with the leading scorer on a 2-18 team? We can agree to disagree. I just think if that leading scorer was so good then they would have led their team to a substantial amount of wins.

Cole Young best all around player in RV history period. He made an electrifying plays every game and made you say wow. His ability to do literally anything on the field makes him HoF worthy. Wasn't one dimensional, he had the power to run you over, the elusiveness to juke you out, and the speed to break away. I don't remember anyone being able to do what he could do, especially when the opposing team knew what he was gonna do and they still couldn't stop him. So quit hating on the kid.
Not saying Young wasn’t a great player because he was But in my opinion Tyler Smith was the most fun to watch at RV he had the speed and power to run over anyone on the field I saw that with my own two eyes he gave kids concussions by trucking them!🤣

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

i looked back at earlier threads and my math could be off.
RV scored 94 points and gave up 407
RV was shut out 4 times, which is one game from half a season
not hall of fame caliber in mop up duty
maybe comparable to the 0-40 stretch

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

82nd wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:17 pm i looked back at earlier threads and my math could be off.
You have no clue what you’re taking about. Mop up duty? Was it mop up duty when he rushed for almost 300 against Meigs? Was it mop up duty when he put up 160 on Nelsonville York? Maybe when he rushed for over 100 and 3 scores against Athens? He set the school record for rushing in a season. This while getting 1 carry in the first game of the season. If you watched RV play at all you’d know that a majority of his yards came in the first half.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:16 pm
82nd wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:17 pm i looked back at earlier threads and my math could be off.
You have no clue what you’re taking about. Mop up duty? Was it mop up duty when he rushed for almost 300 against Meigs? Was it mop up duty when he put up 160 on Nelsonville York? Maybe when he rushed for over 100 and 3 scores against Athens? He set the school record for rushing in a season. This while getting 1 carry in the first game of the season. If you watched RV play at all you’d know that a majority of his yards came in the first half.

I know he put up some good numbers this past season against a difficult schedule. He only had 35 yards against Vinton County though and 21 of them on one carry. Still a great year and whenever you break records (regardless of the school) you deserve to be in the hall of fame.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Well, the Young boy and the others of recent times have gotta wait 10 years before even being considered, that's the guidelines the committee put up. 2009 class and before is what they'll look at, and they'll start pre-consolidation first.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

First things first, this is not a "River Valley" HOF. It is the Gallia County Local Schools Athletic HOF. Which means, it includes North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern, Hannan Trace, South Gallia and River Valley.

Second, Cole Young is a hell of an athlete and football player. Had the privilege to broadcast his games the last 4 years. He is a RV HOFamer. But, in due time.

The 4 old schools will get their due as well in this. BUT...and maybe its because I am one of the old people lol.....but RV did exist before 2010!! LOL
RV started in fall of 1992 and there have been some very good athletes in ALL sports over the years. There are plenty to choose from.

You outside people want to clump RV into what you have seen in a few years in 1 or 2 sports. You just cant do that.

Some people I would easily nominate from the beginning to early days of RV:

Rob Canaday- Basketball
Chris Crace- Basketball
Joey James- Basketball
Sarah Ward- Basketball
Amber Staton- Basketball
Charles "Biddy" Peck- Track
Morgan Sullivan- Baseball
Kevin Edwards- Baseball

Those are a few names that come to mind. Not to mention a girls Volleyball program that has been probably the most successful sport in RV history, including winning the OVC 8+ years in a row. Degarmo sisters stand out in VB.

McFann and Chelsey Copley in softball over the last several years.

My point is, you cant base everything in RV's almost 30 year history on 1 or 2 sports in the last 2-3 years.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:46 am First things first, this is not a "River Valley" HOF. It is the Gallia County Local Schools Athletic HOF. Which means, it includes North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern, Hannan Trace, South Gallia and River Valley.

Second, Cole Young is a hell of an athlete and football player. Had the privilege to broadcast his games the last 4 years. He is a RV HOFamer. But, in due time.

The 4 old schools will get their due as well in this. BUT...and maybe its because I am one of the old people lol.....but RV did exist before 2010!! LOL
RV started in fall of 1992 and there have been some very good athletes in ALL sports over the years. There are plenty to choose from.

You outside people want to clump RV into what you have seen in a few years in 1 or 2 sports. You just cant do that.

Rob Canaday- Basketball
Chris Crace- Basketball
Joey James- Basketball
Sarah Ward- Basketball
Amber Staton- Basketball
Kevin Edwards- Baseball

Those are a few names that come to mind. Not to mention a girls Volleyball program that has been probably the most successful sport in RV history, including winning the OVC 8+ years in a row. Degarmo sisters stand out in VB.

My point is, you cant base everything in RV's almost 30 year history on 1 or 2 sports in the last 2-3 years.
Since the Hall of Fame's for most schools were non-existent until 10-20 years ago and most have been adding old players, teams etc. since the inception you gotta add Arthur Clark, Greg James, Mark Swain, etc. as players and teams (I think Kyger Creek had like 7 straight SVAC football titles from late 60's to mid 70's) if you're gonna do it right, especially for the old school achievers. Consolidation or not, it is all part of the history of KC, NG, SW and HT also . Just my opinion.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:02 pm
RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:46 am First things first, this is not a "River Valley" HOF. It is the Gallia County Local Schools Athletic HOF. Which means, it includes North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern, Hannan Trace, South Gallia and River Valley.

Rob Canaday- Basketball
Chris Crace- Basketball
Joey James- Basketball
Sarah Ward- Basketball
Amber Staton- Basketball
Kevin Edwards- Baseball

Since the Hall of Fame's for most schools were non-existent until 10-20 years ago and most have been adding old players, teams etc. since the inception you gotta add Arthur Clark, Greg James, Mark Swain, etc. as players and teams (I think Kyger Creek had like 7 straight SVAC football titles from late 60's to mid 70's) if you're gonna do it right, especially for the old school achievers. Consolidation or not, it is all part of the history of KC, NG, SW and HT also . Just my opinion.
agree

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Look, Cole was great, but no where even close to a couple of other backs RV had in the SEOAL days. Sorry.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Imthedaddy91 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 am I would have to say Cody Mac Clayton curnutte zack deel Jordan deel and Tyler Smith everyone of these boys were electric on the fields! I would also add Joey Graham!
I'm partial to Joey. We played together.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Rob Canaday- Basketball
Chris Crace- Basketball
Joey James- Basketball
Sarah Ward- Basketball
Amber Staton- Basketball
Kevin Edwards- Baseball

Don't forget Jimmy Gilmore. He was outstanding. And..... although I'm definitely biased on this one, I'd say Nicki (Tracewell) Eddy in volleyball and softball.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:25 pm

Look, Cole was great, but no where even close to a couple of other backs RV had in the SEOAL days. Sorry.
🙄

Imthedaddy91
Waterboy

Post by Imthedaddy91 »

If we’re going back to NG days you have to have Kevin Smith, Don Mays, Davey Roush, Steve Mac, Harvey Brown

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

everyone of sharon vannoys volleyball players they destroyed the ovc

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Not intended to start a war here, but a serious question. How many kids would be Gallia County Local HOF'ers if they had not went to Gallia Academy when they reached high school? I know there are several really good athletes that helped Gallia Academy over the years that came from the county.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am Not intended to start a war here, but a serious question. How many kids would be Gallia County Local HOF'ers if they had not went to Gallia Academy when they reached high school? I know there are several really good athletes that helped Gallia Academy over the years that came from the county.
Tons, but did playing for a better program help elevate them? The fact that GAHS has had a HOF for years speaks volumes about why so many chose to go there in the first place. Deep tradition and pride.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

GA HOF hasnt been around very long, the county kids have helped GA no way can you dispute that

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

With the history of losing that exists at River Valley, any past athlete that was fortunate enough to be on a team that actually had a winning record should receive greater consideration.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Prep Expert wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:33 am With the history of losing that exists at River Valley, any past athlete that was fortunate enough to be on a team that actually had a winning record should receive greater consideration.
I sorta agree with this

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵

Return to “Football”