River Valley Athletic HoF

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Re: River Valley Athletic HoF

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:19 am “Really good” or being the best player on a bad team doesn’t cut it when it comes to this nomination. You actually have to be great against the rest of the competition. Think about it, on a basketball team someone has to score the points. Even if one guy is just decent they will put up big numbers if no one else has any talent. That doesn’t necessarily make that one guy a great player or even a good player for that matter.
You make no sense. If you are on a bad team and still put up numbers it says a lot about the athlete that you are. Because the opposing team knows you are the only threat and will do their best to stop you.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

So you’re impressed with the leading scorer on a 2-18 team? We can agree to disagree. I just think if that leading scorer was so good then they would have led their team to a substantial amount of wins.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:07 pm So you’re impressed with the leading scorer on a 2-18 team? We can agree to disagree. I just think if that leading scorer was so good then they would have led their team to a substantial amount of wins.
Absolutely. I’ve seen many of good players playing on bad teams. It’s takes more than one person to get wins but that doesn’t mean that an individual can’t stand out on a bad team.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:24 pm
sandstorm23 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:07 pm So you’re impressed with the leading scorer on a 2-18 team? We can agree to disagree. I just think if that leading scorer was so good then they would have led their team to a substantial amount of wins.
Absolutely. I’ve seen many of good players playing on bad teams. It’s takes more than one person to get wins but that doesn’t mean that an individual can’t stand out on a bad team.
I agree with you, I've also seen "good" players on bad teams, just not many "great"/"HoF worthy" type players.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

More sports than football and basketball have good to great kids that should be acknowledged. Wrestling, swim, and track come to mind. Not sure about baseball, softball, golf or volleyball, but probably some there too.
Would any of the records or accolades match up to bigger schools, such as Athens, NY or a big city school? Probably not, but for RV and the schools that were consolidated to make it, that history shouldn't be forgotten.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Rvfan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:53 pm More sports than football and basketball have good to great kids that should be acknowledged. Wrestling, swim, and track come to mind. Not sure about baseball, softball, golf or volleyball, but probably some there too.
Would any of the records or accolades match up to bigger schools, such as Athens, NY or a big city school? Probably not, but for RV and the schools that were consolidated to make it, that history shouldn't be forgotten.
You do realize you are bigger than Nelsonville-York? :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Orange and brown sorry for the misunderstanding. No I didn't know that. I just know at all the sporting events we've been too, we have barely enough to field a team and NY has kids to spare, the school is bigger, so just thought it was bigger.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Rvfan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm Orange and brown sorry for the misunderstanding. No I didn't know that. I just know at all the sporting events we've been too, we have barely enough to field a team and NY has kids to spare, the school is bigger, so just thought it was bigger.
We are the smallest school in the TVC-Ohio. Heck, when Belpre dropped to the Hocking they were bigger than us.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Rvfan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:53 pm More sports than football and basketball have good to great kids that should be acknowledged. Wrestling, swim, and track come to mind. Not sure about baseball, softball, golf or volleyball, but probably some there too.
You're right. I just have a hard time getting off of the big sports. Football is king, unfortunately RV just doesn't have a great history in that sport.

Corner3
Riding the Bench

Post by Corner3 »

The list should be pretty short. Watkins should be in for sure. Joey James and Jared Taylor probably as well. I assume Roush still has most of the xC/track distance records but could be wrong there. After that there’s a few that you could consider.

Charlie Tweeder
Waterboy

Post by Charlie Tweeder »

Cole Young best all around player in RV history period. He made an electrifying plays every game and made you say wow. His ability to do literally anything on the field makes him HoF worthy. Wasn't one dimensional, he had the power to run you over, the elusiveness to juke you out, and the speed to break away. I don't remember anyone being able to do what he could do, especially when the opposing team knew what he was gonna do and they still couldn't stop him. So quit hating on the kid.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:26 am
Rvfan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm Orange and brown sorry for the misunderstanding. No I didn't know that. I just know at all the sporting events we've been too, we have barely enough to field a team and NY has kids to spare, the school is bigger, so just thought it was bigger.
We are the smallest school in the TVC-Ohio. Heck, when Belpre dropped to the Hocking they were bigger than us.
Keep pounding your chest. All shall bow down to THE Nelsonville-York High School.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

Charlie Tweeder wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Cole Young best all around player in RV history period. He made an electrifying plays every game and made you say wow. His ability to do literally anything on the field makes him HoF worthy. Wasn't one dimensional, he had the power to run you over, the elusiveness to juke you out, and the speed to break away. I don't remember anyone being able to do what he could do, especially when the opposing team knew what he was gonna do and they still couldn't stop him. So quit hating on the kid.
i will give you this you are entitled to your opinion. some of these players in the 90's would salivate playing a TVC ohio schedule. logan, marietta,warren,athens,jackson, ironton,gallipolis respect the pioneers of RV football. i believe i heard people say RV first 5 games were tough. good luck to mr young in his future!!

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

RV first head coach would be a dual HOF with the current schedule!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

82nd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:37 pm

i will give you this you are entitled to your opinion. some of these players in the 90's would salivate playing a TVC ohio schedule. logan, marietta,warren,athens,jackson, ironton,gallipolis respect the pioneers of RV football. i believe i heard people say RV first 5 games were tough. good luck to mr young in his future!!

The TVC Ohio now and the Ohio then we’re very different. I think the results would have been similar. 🤷‍♂️

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:58 pm

The TVC Ohio now and the Ohio then we’re very different. I think the results would have been similar. 🤷‍♂️
I think he means the old river valley teams played against the seaol and that league was way better than the Tvc Ohio

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

This years team played Athens and Gallipolis, two of the teams you mentioned from the seoal. Plus add in Portsmouth and Nelsonville York I would say the schedules were pretty comparable. Plus if you remember correctly you had 4 schools making up RV in the beginning. That helps a lot in putting together a football team.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:23 pm

This years team played Athens and Gallipolis, two of the teams you mentioned from the seoal. Plus add in Portsmouth and Nelsonville York I would say the schedules were pretty comparable. Plus if you remember correctly you had 4 schools making up RV in the beginning. That helps a lot in putting together a football team.
like before you have the right to your opinion, and if you think this years athens, gallipolis or portsmouth are comparable to the 90's. gallipolis got smashed by the only 2 legit teams they played this year. athens RV game im not sure of the score i think the game was competitive after athens lost its starter at QB and i dont think they could hold a candle to the 90's schedule either. i seen some really tough RV teams but somehow they just cant get out of their own way. thanks for the conversation its healthy to read other insights and i respect them. lets just hope the game of football last for many years to come.

Imthedaddy91
Waterboy

Post by Imthedaddy91 »

I would have to say Cody Mac Clayton curnutte zack deel Jordan deel and Tyler Smith everyone of these boys were electric on the fields! I would also add Joey Graham!

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

Imthedaddy91 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 am I would have to say Cody Mac Clayton curnutte zack deel Jordan deel and Tyler Smith everyone of these boys were electric on the fields! I would also add Joey Graham!
great athletes and good people in that post

Return to “Football”