River Valley Athletic HoF

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

River Valley Athletic HoF

Post by sandstorm23 »

This is more of a general thread, but I think the football board is read the most because football is king!

Anyone know who got in the RVHS Hall of Fame? Joey James? Any football players?

meatswinger
JV Team

Re: River Valley Athletic HoF

Post by meatswinger »

Well the whole thing is a sham if they didn’t induct the greatest lineman in school history. I mean who else got more out of a body that bad.

IamBlizzardMan

Post by IamBlizzardMan »

I am still 5’3” in every direction. More importantly I could still play

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

There are a few... Jared Taylor.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Good call on Jared Taylor, Blizzardman.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

IamBlizzardMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm I am still 5’3” in every direction. More importantly I could still play
Glad the administrators still let this mock account go on. Great job guys! I guess it's too much trouble to just deactivate it.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:06 am
IamBlizzardMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm I am still 5’3” in every direction. More importantly I could still play
Glad the administrators still let this mock account go on. Great job guys! I guess it's too much trouble to just deactivate it.
we got it

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

mattash wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:11 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:06 am
we got it
Good. Thanks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:20 pm There are a few... Jared Taylor.
Great guy.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Dovenbarger? The Brown kid around 2009-12?

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

It's gotta be someone 10 years or more out of school I think

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Maybe RV should just defer putting people in until there are more worthy people. I'm not trying to be rude, but why let guys in who only won a game or two in their high school careers in football or baseball?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Well the HOF is actually for all of Gallia County Local if I'm not mistaken. That can include people from all schools even before consolidation. I know Nicole Watkins for females is a great one. Great athlete and played D1 basketball at Western Michigan. Zach Davis 2 time state qualifier for Wrestling at RV. Chris Roush for Cross Country owned regional records, and still might. Charles Peck for track placed in the state I believe. But there are several good candidates from the pre-consolidation days.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

The old coach from southwestern should be in

Charlie Tweeder
Waterboy

Post by Charlie Tweeder »

Jared Taylor should be in there and Cole Young when eligible. RV’s only 1,000 yard rushers with Young having the rushing crown. Cady Gilmore 1,000 point scorer. Tre Craycraft, Kirk Morrow, Patrick Brown, and Jerrod Sparling should get nods as well when eligible

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Charlie Tweeder wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:19 pm Jared Taylor should be in there and Cole Young when eligible. RV’s only 1,000 yard rushers with Young having the rushing crown. Cady Gilmore 1,000 point scorer. Tre Craycraft, Kirk Morrow, Patrick Brown, and Jerrod Sparling should get nods as well when eligible

Ok, don't see how any of the last three you athletes
you named have the accolades for a Hall of Fame and I'm guessing Sparling isn't going to happen due to ummm.......

Anyway, Joey James and Tyler Twyman are probably both in at some point from RV. Both are 1,000 point scorers.

Charlie Tweeder
Waterboy

Post by Charlie Tweeder »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:08 am
Charlie Tweeder wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:19 pm Jared Taylor should be in there and Cole Young when eligible. RV’s only 1,000 yard rushers with Young having the rushing crown. Cady Gilmore 1,000 point scorer. Tre Craycraft, Kirk Morrow, Patrick Brown, and Jerrod Sparling should get nods as well when eligible

Ok, don't see how any of the last three you athletes
you named have the accolades for a Hall of Fame and I'm guessing Sparling isn't going to happen due to ummm.......

Anyway, Joey James and Tyler Twyman are probably both in at some point from RV. Both are 1,000 point scorers.
I think Craycraft is the only 1,000 yard receiver but I’m not sure. Morrow was really good and so was Brown. But Twyman and Joey James should definitely get in

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

playing against the SEOAL is a tad different than the TVC OHIO.

#21 ON THE 96 AND 97 TEAM I would take over the 1,000 yard rushers. wins over GA and LOGAN

glad to see you guys getting these honors for past athletes, how far are they going back?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

91blue14 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:12 pm
playing against the SEOAL is a tad different than the TVC OHIO.

#21 ON THE 96 AND 97 TEAM I would take over the 1,000 yard rushers. wins over GA and LOGAN

glad to see you guys getting these honors for past athletes, how far are they going back?
Jimmy Gilmore. Agreed and it's a shame he never had a 1,000 yard season. Easily the best tailback RV has had.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

“Really good” or being the best player on a bad team doesn’t cut it when it comes to this nomination. You actually have to be great against the rest of the competition. Think about it, on a basketball team someone has to score the points. Even if one guy is just decent they will put up big numbers if no one else has any talent. That doesn’t necessarily make that one guy a great player or even a good player for that matter.

Return to “Football”