SEOP

Re: Never Too Early For 2020 Football

Post by Geronimo »

There's alway home cookin at the tank ! LOL

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Westfan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:50 pm I would put Waverly as a heavy favorite in the SOCII. They return experienced talent.

Wheelersburg will still put a competitive team on the field but they have more question marks than they've had in several years. Quarterback? Lost 4 offensive linemen, significant losses on defense, plus Mathews, Horsely, and Ruby. You don't just replace good experienced players like that with Sophomores. And for the first time in several years they may not have the best player on the field in several games.

Minford returns good skill.

Valley should be solid at the skill positions if they can find a line.

West will be better.

No idea on Oak Hill.
Burg wasn’t good last year and they won the SOC. Their JV didn’t lose a game. I’m betting burg will be fine.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:34 am In the SVC, Adena returns a solid core, and IMO the early favorites to win the league. Sykes at Qb, is a threat to run and throw. They will be senior led, with a very deep senior class.

Southeastern loses Ruby, returns Nusser and McWhorter, but IMO, will slide down the standings with coaching change coming.

PV like SE lose a very good senior class, their Junior to be class is solid, but like SE, with new coach will slide some.

Westfall and Piketon, like Adena return the most. Both could push for the top standings.

Unioto also returns several key parts, new coach and losing Carroll will be holes to fill.

Zane Trace, solid Junior to be class, but don’t know much more.

Huntington, like ZT don’t know much returning.

Those are in no particular order, but again Adena is my favorite, after that, will see how the summer works out for some coaching searches.
ZT has a couple of really good younger classes, but I think they’ll still be a year away, with 2021 being a big year for them

I agree on Adena being the favorite. Piketon’s defense needs to steadily improve for them to make a push, but they should have a dynamic offense for sure

Unioto graduated a nice senior class, but I think will have a more athletic offense as a whole. Either Doughty or Hoops at QB will be solid with using Little, et al in spacing a little bit different. Should be fun to watch

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:47 am
eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:34 am In the SVC, Adena returns a solid core, and IMO the early favorites to win the league. Sykes at Qb, is a threat to run and throw. They will be senior led, with a very deep senior class.

Southeastern loses Ruby, returns Nusser and McWhorter, but IMO, will slide down the standings with coaching change coming.

PV like SE lose a very good senior class, their Junior to be class is solid, but like SE, with new coach will slide some.

Westfall and Piketon, like Adena return the most. Both could push for the top standings.

Unioto also returns several key parts, new coach and losing Carroll will be holes to fill.

Zane Trace, solid Junior to be class, but don’t know much more.

Huntington, like ZT don’t know much returning.

Those are in no particular order, but again Adena is my favorite, after that, will see how the summer works out for some coaching searches.
ZT has a couple of really good younger classes, but I think they’ll still be a year away, with 2021 being a big year for them

I agree on Adena being the favorite. Piketon’s defense needs to steadily improve for them to make a push, but they should have a dynamic offense for sure

Unioto graduated a nice senior class, but I think will have a more athletic offense as a whole. Either Doughty or Hoops at QB will be solid with using Little, et al in spacing a little bit different. Should be fun to watch

1. Adena 6-1
1. Piketon 6-1
3. Unioto 4-3
3. Westfall 4-3
5. Southeastern 3-4
5. Paint Valley 3-4
7. Zane Trace 2-5
8. Huntington 0-7

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

No matter what talent they lose, I think Burg should be favored every year until somebody changes the narrative.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:58 pm No matter what talent they lose, I think Burg should be favored every year until somebody changes the narrative.
I agree, Waverly had a chance to beat them a couple times in recent years but didn’t get it done.
I do think Waverly has a real good chance of changing that in 2020 as they host the Pirates while returning a massive amount of their team.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley should be greatly improved they return their qb and they had a ton of freshmen start or contribute last year depends on how their line plays and if can stay healthy but I see them back in the playoffs but the soc champ will still be burg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:36 am Valley should be greatly improved they return their qb and they had a ton of freshmen start or contribute last year depends on how their line plays and if can stay healthy but I see them back in the playoffs but the soc champ will still be burg
I agree. Waverly has some serious talent. I don’t know how you replace shoemaker. He’s definitely going to be hard to. They would be the team to give burg fits. Minford will have the skill kids but lose the line. Burg will be solid but they won’t have a dynamic player on the field.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:36 am Valley should be greatly improved they return their qb and they had a ton of freshmen start or contribute last year depends on how their line plays and if can stay healthy but I see them back in the playoffs but the soc champ will still be burg
Any chance Valkey drops to D7 next few years? I know their other sports (basketball and baseball) are D4 now.*

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:02 pm TVC Ohio Athens
TVC Hocking Trimble
OVC Ironton
FAC Jackson
SOC Wheelersburg
Independent Fort Frye

Ironton should make another deep run
Yep, same ole same ole. Pretty much like the college conferences.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 am
Any chance Valkey drops to D7 next few years? I know their other sports (basketball and baseball) are D4 now.*
Very possible. Their combined enrollment/CB was 120 and largest total for D7 was Fort Laramie with 116

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 am
That’s a strong possibility I think I heard they had trouble even fielding a Jr high team which I never thought could happen

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Is valley in need of dropping to the other division in soc in the future?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:26 pm Is valley in need of dropping to the other division in soc in the future?
[/quoteno I don’t ever see that happening I don’t think the high school will have trouble getting kids to come out I think that’s just the middle school

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think Portsmouth's main challenge will be to field a respectable defense, losing 9 of 11 starters. That has traditionally been the weaker side of the ball for PHS. How they defend will be the difference between a 5 win team and a 7 win team.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 pm I think Portsmouth's main challenge will be to field a respectable defense, losing 9 of 11 starters. That has traditionally been the weaker side of the ball for PHS. How they defend will be the difference between a 5 win team and a 7 win team.
I could see Portsmouth winning as many as 8 games, depending on their nonconference schedule.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

MisterGalliaGuy2016: The Trojans' non-conference schedule for 2020 is at Valley, H vs. West, and at Wellston. Winning 8 games will be difficult because I just think we're going to have problems on defense.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Portsmouth should have a good chance to beat their NC opponents. 7-3 is very doable. Most likely losses are to Ironton and GA. Valley might give them some trouble too.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth lost alot including maybe the best back in the area. Could be a tough season

Return to “Football”