Never Too Early For 2020 Football

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Never Too Early For 2020 Football

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Who looks to be a heavyweight in the SE this coming fall?

Jackson looks to continue its dominance of the FAC
Ironton and Gallia Academy look to decide the OVC again
Athens will likely win the TVC-O
Trimble is Trimble.
Burg and Waverly....who wins this round? Could Minford turn some heads again?

FAC goes to Jackson
OVC likely goes to the Tigers again, but it'll be a bumpy road with the target on their backs.
TVC-O is Athens, with the Well and VC close behind
TVC-H is Trimble's to lose
SOC-I will probably be Northwest until they move back up
SOC-II should be more interesting, between Burg, Waverly, and Minford. Don't expect the Oaks to go quietly, though...

Abe Froman
S

Re: Never Too Early For 2020 Football

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironton will win the OVC, Gallia doesn't look to be a factor honestly.

Fixed it for you.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 am Who looks to be a heavyweight in the SE this coming fall?

Trimble is Trimble.

FAC goes to Jackson
OVC likely goes to the Tigers again, but it'll be a bumpy road with the target on their backs.
SOC-II should be more interesting, between Burg, Waverly, and Minford. Don't expect the Oaks to go quietly, though...
Don't count out the Buckeyes. NY will have a solid defense and a lot of skill position players coming back.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 am Who looks to be a heavyweight in the SE this coming fall?

Trimble is Trimble.

FAC goes to Jackson
Athens loses more than Nelsonville does. Why count out the team that traditionally runs that conference? They only lost 6 seniors. Yes one was Wilburn but the entire defense is back. Bad predictions on your part

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth loses a ton of kids. 7 or 8 of the 11 starters on defense were seniors. Rowe is back and 3 lineman. Loss of Parker I think we will see a lot more passing. A lot of spots are up for grabs for next season.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Sorry GA is loaded ,Ironton lost a lot more than GA .

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Gallia will provide Ironton little to no challenge at home. Ironton returns plenty. Don’t look for the defense to be quite as big as this year but they’ll be much, much faster in the back 7.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

GoBigI wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:37 pm Gallia will provide Ironton little to no challenge at home. Ironton returns plenty. Don’t look for the defense to be quite as big as this year but they’ll be much, much faster in the back 7.
So Ironton looses Salyers who could fly and is going to Youngstown State to play safety and they are gonna be much much faster?

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Westfan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:04 pm
GoBigI wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:37 pm Gallia will provide Ironton little to no challenge at home. Ironton returns plenty. Don’t look for the defense to be quite as big as this year but they’ll be much, much faster in the back 7.
So Ironton looses Salyers who could fly and is going to Youngstown State to play safety and they are gonna be much much faster?
Carrico, Crabtree, Deere, and Howell will all be a year faster. Hacker is a sprinter on the track team which will improve his speed. Add in upcoming Sophomore Carter who can fly and is also a track sprinter and possibly Browning or Sophomore Wilson, both of whom are track sprinters, and I say yes...they will be faster.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

go fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I agree with GoBigI. Defense will be faster I think the whole team will be a little less power a little more speed. Every back up that will be a probable starter next year saw the field a pretty good amount this year.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Portsmouth lost a huge senior class. Going to be a whole different looking offense out there. Need to replace all 3 backs in Parker, McCoy and Pendleton. Both WR’s in Wallace and Purdy are gone, lost 2-3 on the line. Drew Roe will be back at QB, also Michael Duncan will be back, he had some big games at TE this past season. Those kids all started on the defensive side of the ball as well. It’ll be interesting to see what coach Kalb comes up with after losing so much. I think they’ll obviously take a step back, but I think they could possibly still win 5 games.

Who Dey!
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

In the SVC, Adena returns a solid core, and IMO the early favorites to win the league. Sykes at Qb, is a threat to run and throw. They will be senior led, with a very deep senior class.

Southeastern loses Ruby, returns Nusser and McWhorter, but IMO, will slide down the standings with coaching change coming.

PV like SE lose a very good senior class, their Junior to be class is solid, but like SE, with new coach will slide some.

Westfall and Piketon, like Adena return the most. Both could push for the top standings.

Unioto also returns several key parts, new coach and losing Carroll will be holes to fill.

Zane Trace, solid Junior to be class, but don’t know much more.

Huntington, like ZT don’t know much returning.

Those are in no particular order, but again Adena is my favorite, after that, will see how the summer works out for some coaching searches.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West will still be extremely young but return alot of guys that got their feet wet last year. Also hearing 4 or 5 guys that didn't play last year are coming out and if so should really help.

Most of the schedule was playoff teams last year that graduate significant losses.

I would say .500 or better is very achievable this year and then at least a couple seasons where we will be a regional contender.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly should be as good or better than this past season. Of course they lose Shoemaker and Diener but return starters everywhere else.
Shanks should be healed up and 100% after successful surgery on a knee that was far worse than doctors originally thought.
Tigers return every WR including All State selection Will Futhey, Zeke Brown, Mark Stulley, Penn Morrison, and Phoenix Wolf who should be back to 100% from the broken leg he sustained in basketball last year.
Waverly returns their entire offensive line who will be a year older and more experienced.
The Tigers will look to a couple, possibly three backs to take care of the running game. Should be a decent committee, including Payton Shoemakers younger brother Dawson, who will be more of a bruising downhill back.

Looking for a few kids to play who didn’t last year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be better offensively. I think they should probably go more run but could be surprised.

It will be interesting if defense will do well. If they do, I can see a playoff season and possibly another SOC crown

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TVC Ohio Athens
TVC Hocking Trimble
OVC Ironton
FAC Jackson
SOC Wheelersburg
Independent Fort Frye

Ironton should make another deep run

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I would put Waverly as a heavy favorite in the SOCII. They return experienced talent.

Wheelersburg will still put a competitive team on the field but they have more question marks than they've had in several years. Quarterback? Lost 4 offensive linemen, significant losses on defense, plus Mathews, Horsely, and Ruby. You don't just replace good experienced players like that with Sophomores. And for the first time in several years they may not have the best player on the field in several games.

Minford returns good skill.

Valley should be solid at the skill positions if they can find a line.

West will be better.

No idea on Oak Hill.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth loses a ton and have 4 tough games out of the first 5 games. I think valley will be pretty good, west will be improved, Wellston I don’t know much about but was good this year, rock hill I’m not to sure and Gallia will be loaded.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:03 am Sorry GA is loaded ,Ironton lost a lot more than GA .
GA does return a lot of talent, but can they knock off the Tigers for the second time in a row at the Tank?

Return to “Football”