Stadium not at the schoool

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Stadium not at the schoool

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Black Panther wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:12 pm Its been a few years since ive been there.It has history for sure.Which I like.Branch Rickey Park (baseball) is right across the street from Spartan.You might check that one out too someday.
I do not travel for baseball like I do football. Starting times make it way to hard and to be truthful, I like the high school softball game better than the baseball game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Black Panther wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:32 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm Notre Dame played at Spartan Stadium last year. I took in my first game there, when they played Northwest.
I thought they still played there.I thought they had bought it from the city of Portsmouth a few years ago.
City still owns it and ND still plays their home games at there as well.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Monroe Central - School is on the west side of town, field is on the east side of town at Monroe Memorial Park there in Woodsfield. Probably about 1.5 miles apart.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

How about East (Portsmouth)?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Waterford - Field is at the elementary school
Caldwell - Field is at the fairgrounds
Crooksville - Field is at a park

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:19 am How about East (Portsmouth)?
The football field is out on 335(Harding Ave) while the school is located almost as soon as you enter Sciotoville from the highway.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thank you.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

If I live long enough I want to write a book about all the WPA stadiums in Ohio. Fewer and fewer left.

Some of those were at schools, but many were not. Think there is a really cool story to tell there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm If I live long enough I want to write a book about all the WPA stadiums in Ohio. Fewer and fewer left.

Some of those were at schools, but many were not. Think there is a really cool story to tell there.
We are still waiting on your book about the history of the SEOAL. That my friend would be a great book.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm
loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm If I live long enough I want to write a book about all the WPA stadiums in Ohio. Fewer and fewer left.

We are still waiting on your book about the history of the SEOAL. That my friend would be a great book.
I said if I live long enough :lol: :lol: :lol:

SEOAL book is higher on the list than the WPA stadiums.

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

Morgan

Football Field in McConnelsville. The High School is 3 miles to the South.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Not really anything to do with stadiums, but do you remember a book that pretty much covered 10 different football games in the 1999 season? I’m pretty sure there was a Caldwell game in it and VC/Wellston

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 am

Not really anything to do with stadiums, but do you remember a book that pretty much covered 10 different football games in the 1999 season? I’m pretty sure there was a Caldwell game in it and VC/Wellston
I actually just bought a copy. It was from the 2001 season. It was called "Across Many Fields"

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I remember reading it years ago but couldn’t remember what it was called or exactly what year. From what I remember it was a pretty good book

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I personally like when the stadium isn't at the school and is in the middle of town but that's just me

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Wellston field is at the school. There is not consensus on whether to build a new field at the school or renovate the old one. Nothing will happen until the community figures it out.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

GRFan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm Wellston field is at the school. There is not consensus on whether to build a new field at the school or renovate the old one. Nothing will happen until the community figures it out.
Was not Wellston's stadium at least cosmetically up-dated five or so years ago with ESPN money in exchange for filming rights for a tv special?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Omega wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm
GRFan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm Wellston field is at the school. There is not consensus on whether to build a new field at the school or renovate the old one. Nothing will happen until the community figures it out.
Was not Wellston's stadium at least cosmetically up-dated five or so years ago with ESPN money in exchange for filming rights for a tv special?
They put some "wraps" on the bleachers and put in a new grass field if I recall correctly.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Anyone know when Wellston's field was named for "CH Jones"? I know he was an administrator for Wellston. Was it called CH Jones Field from the day it opened? Or did the name get added later?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

The name was added later. Mr. Jones was a superintendents in the 50’s and 60’s. ESPN Rise Up made improvements at the stadium including the field. It was in partnership with many community and corporate partners. You can watch it on YouTube. Chris Spielman was the host.

Return to “Football”