You're the AD who you going after for HC?

S.O.C
Waterboy

You're the AD who you going after for HC?

Post by S.O.C »

You're the Athletic Director what coaches are you bringing in for an interview for your vacant football head coaching position??

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: You're the AD who you going after for HC?

Post by Orange and Brown »

S.O.C wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 pm You're the Athletic Director what coaches are you bringing in for an interview for your vacant football head coaching position??
The ones that apply for the job...

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Hue Jackson

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:07 pm
S.O.C wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 pm You're the Athletic Director what coaches are you bringing in for an interview for your vacant football head coaching position??
:lol: Funny but also true, it's high school and your choice is from the ones that apply. I would bring in all family members so they could be my puppets and I could secretly run everything without actually naming myself the head coach.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:07 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Would bring Urban Meyer out of retirement. Never no unless you ask

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Well to begin with you need a coach that is a proven winner. He also needs a cool nickname. the nickname must intimidate the opponent and strike fear in the heart of the opposing coaching staff and the crew of officials.

Thats why Wellston has been so good. They have had Ole Dutch. Who wouldnt run through a wall for a coach named Dutch? VC had a coach called NutBuster. Now thats a nickname.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Paladin

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 amPaladin
He is still mad about Burrow so I'm not sure he's ready to coach again. :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
S.O.C
Waterboy

Post by S.O.C »

Guess this is why w/ the exception of a handful of teams why football is traditionally weak in this region. Several programs continue to
juggle through coaches. Why not go find your coach?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

S.O.C wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:58 pm Guess this is why w/ the exception of a handful of teams why football is traditionally weak in this region. Several programs continue to
It's easier said than done. Most coaches are teachers so you have to have a position open for them, pay is supplemental and not that much and honestly most schools can't afford to try and throw cash at a coach to entice them to come. The big schools in the city's can pay coaches more. It's still nothing to write home about with a few exceptions.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:29 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 amPaladin
He is still mad about Burrow so I'm not sure he's ready to coach again. :lol:
True statement. He always seemed to enjoy when some of those losers from his old school would poke fun and call Burrow "splinter butt" when he was at tOSU. What's worse is now those same posters are on here pretending to have supported him all along. That's one thing I'll say about Paladin; he lets it be known that he still doesn't like Burrow simply because he played at Athens. :o

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

If you give any answer other than Bob Lutz, (since we're saying any HC) you're nuts. Man is the greatest Ohio HS coach ever.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Where is the school out there that the AD is the hirer of a coach?
Having the AD on your side wouldn't hurt but if you want the job but, it wouldn't carry as much water as having angels on the Board, the Super on your side, and HS Principal backing you---in that descending order.
If two and for sure three Board members want you....start measuring the drapes in the coaches office.
I've seen people who the AD detests get jobs.
I've never seen someone the Board opposes get hired.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Pretty well said

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not trevon Pendleton I hope. we need to lock that dude down.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:02 pm
S.O.C wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:58 pm Guess this is why w/ the exception of a handful of teams why football is traditionally weak in this region. Several programs continue to
It's easier said than done. Most coaches are teachers so you have to have a position open for them, pay is supplemental and not that much and honestly most schools can't afford to try and throw cash at a coach to entice them to come. The big schools in the city's can pay coaches more. It's still nothing to write home about with a few exceptions.
exactly o n b.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
S.O.C
Waterboy

Post by S.O.C »

fortdawg wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 am Where is the school out there that the AD is the hirer of a coach?
Having the AD on your side wouldn't hurt but if you want the job but, it wouldn't carry as much water as having angels on the Board, the Super on your side, and HS Principal backing you---in that descending order.
If two and for sure three Board members want you....start measuring the drapes in the coaches office.
I agree with this statement fortdawg. I was looking more for who & where are the next Rob Woodward's / Trevon Pendleton's at? Who are some
head coaches & coordinators you would consider?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

S.O.C wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:55 pm
fortdawg wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 am Where is the school out there that the AD is the hirer of a coach?
I agree with this statement fortdawg. I was looking more for who & where are the next Rob Woodward's / Trevon Pendleton's at? Who are some
head coaches & coordinators you would consider?

If Rob Woodard , Trevon Pendleton is going to be mentioned. Andy Hall needs to be mentioned too.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

S.O.C. I get ya.
If I were to advise someone I'd tell them to go find a guy(s) who took over a down program and turned it around.
Holbert did that at Millersport and Newlum has done a nice job at Eastern. The guy at Waterford has had a nice run.
Holbert's moved on but I'd look at some of the people who helped these guys if the head coaches aren't available.
I will admit to being surprised that more of Adam's staff at Athens didn't get a look to be head coaches.
There was a lot of talent there and it was used nicely.
There were several young coaches who I thought would get a smell at jobs besides White.

Return to “Football”