Tanner Holden turns down Ohio State Offer:Article

wobycat
SEOPS

Tanner Holden turns down Ohio State Offer:Article

Post by wobycat »

Great read about his Ohio State offer and Tanners decision to play basketball. Looks like he made a great choice.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... Zp8TAwuEJ/

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Tanner Holden turns down Ohio State Offer:Article

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Cool article. I think he made the correct choice. His numbers Re great for a freshman.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:47 am Great read about his Ohio State offer and Tanners decision to play basketball. Looks like he made a great choice.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... Zp8TAwuEJ/
I wondered what happened to this player.

I was concerned he was injured or something as I heard nothing of him after burg win the state.

Then agsin, basketball bores me, so I don’t often read that forum.

Good luck to him!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:51 pm Delete my posts all you want. Ironton has the Ohio state head coach show up to meet some of our players and check on a player going to Ohio state and you make a post about a Wheelersburg player who didn’t go to Ohio state ?
Pathetic.
Dude I have no idea what you’re talking about. I posted that around 11 this morning. It was floating around social media this morning. So I tagged It here. Honestly I didn’t know that there was that much interest in him. I thought they weren’t pursuing him that heavily since he was pretty well set in basketball.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:32 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:51 pm Delete my posts all you want. Ironton has the Ohio state head coach show up to meet some of our players and check on a player going to Ohio state and you make a post about a Wheelersburg player who didn’t go to Ohio state ?
Pathetic.
Dude I have no idea what you’re talking about. I posted that around 11 this morning. It was floating around social media this morning. So I tagged It here. Honestly I didn’t know that there was that much interest in him. I thought they weren’t pursuing him that heavily since he was pretty well set in basketball.
LOL Don't worry about him he's just getting his balls busted cause he knows his recruiting pitch doesn't hold water.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 pm Cool article. I think he made the correct choice. His numbers Re great for a freshman.
I agree. I’m wondering if he may just end up at Ohio state but on the court.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:32 pm
Pathetic.
His mommy evidently didn’t give him enough attention :lol:

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

But he didn't really turn down Ohio State. He turned down football. The way you headed this is click bait. It's like saying a guy who ordered a salad turned down a burger. I'm curious why it was written in that manner.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

It's the correct choice for him as long as he is content with just being a college basketball player for 4 years at a small program. Maybe at best they will make the tournament one year if they are lucky and have a good team. If he is happy with that, then great.

Personally I think he would have had a higher ceiling as a WR for the Buckeyes(reminds me a lot of Binjimen Victor at WR). He could have been catching passes from Justin Fields this upcoming season. Not sure he would become a star, but even the 3rd or 4th best receiver at OSU gets a look from NFL teams. And if OSU wins a national championship in the next few years, he will always wonder, "What if I could have been on that team?". I think that would be tough.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

really cool

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:23 pm But he didn't really turn down Ohio State. He turned down football. The way you headed this is click bait. It's like saying a guy who ordered a salad turned down a burger. I'm curious why it was written in that manner.
:lol: Because the title of the Dayton article literally says that. I know you’re confused because he’s a D1 athlete that didn’t go to Ironton. Maybe the coaches of burg should have put it on their instagram every time he got a phone call from a college. That way it wouldn’t be a surprise to you.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Tanner, glad he’s doing well.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Clickbait for that Joe Burrow clicks.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

laser breath wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:30 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:23 pm But he didn't really turn down Ohio State. He turned down football. The way you headed this is click bait. It's like saying a guy who ordered a salad turned down a burger. I'm curious why it was written in that manner.
:lol: Because the title of the Dayton article literally says that. I know you’re confused because he’s a D1 athlete that didn’t go to Ironton. Maybe the coaches of burg should have put it on their instagram every time he got a phone call from a college. That way it wouldn’t be a surprise to you.
But just because the article says that doesn't mean it is the correct narrative. Maybe it is just the narrative you prefered?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:04 pm
laser breath wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:30 am
But just because the article says that doesn't mean it is the correct narrative. Maybe it is just the narrative you prefered?
I didn’t make the post. But the article literally says it.

So the narrative is absolutely true. He turned down a offer from Ohio state in football to play basketball.

As for Holden – the 6-foot-6 freshman basketball player at Wright State – he was recruited to play football at Ohio State, as well. Michigan also was interested in him, as were several other schools.”

Return to “Football”