Logan Chietains Football 2020

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by Raider6309 »

Just ask Alexander about it :lol:

I’m surprised no one ever said anything. Pretty obvious 2 million dollars would be a small portion

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Other than the donations the money was already there and could be used if classes were put in the building with no extra cost to tax payers. This is probably something that LOCOs could probably clear up. It sounds like if you want to call it a loan it is money coming from in the school and the building will pay for itself.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 pm Other than the donations the money was already there and could be used if classes were put in the building with no extra cost to tax payers. This is probably something that LOCOs could probably clear up. It sounds like if you want to call it a loan it is money coming from in the school and the building will pay for itself.
CHIEFTAIN CENTER
Following several years of consideration, study, and development, the District took formal steps in FY 2018 to move forward with the construction of the Chieftain Center on the Shaw-Davidson Campus at Logan High School. The 86,000 square foot multi-use state of the art athletic and academic complex will provide for increasing opportunities for the District’s students, community members, and regional economic development. The Center will include the following:
DRAFT
- xiii - 12/19/2019

LOGAN-HOCKING LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT, OHIO
Letter of Transmittal
For the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2019
Programming
● Curriculum Based Programs
● Broadcasting/Technology ● JROTC/CadetCorps

● MainFeatures
● 4 courts - basketball, volleyball, indoor tennis
● 6 lane NCAA, OHSAA certified indoor track and field facility ● Turfarea/field
● Weightroom
● Mezzanineviewingarea
● Lockerrooms
● Classroom/meetingrooms
● Broadcastroom-TV2
● Golfsimulationarea
● Collapsiblebattingcages
● Concession
● Restrooms
Community Use Times
● TheLogan-HockingSchoolDistrictiscommittedtoestablishingdedicatedhoursforcommunity use and access.

● Construction of the facility is being financed by Certificates of Participation (COPs) which were issued in FY 2018 in the amount of $8,500,000. Additionally, the Logan Athletic Boosters are in a local capital campaign. The Boosters are committed to raising $2 million for the Chieftain Center construction and financing. As of December 2019, over $1.7 million of commitments had been secured of which $1,238,000 in cash has been donated to the District. The COPS will be repaid over the next 30 years, maturing in fiscal year 2048. They are being funded with Permanent Improvement Funds of the District (designated inside tax millage). Ribbon cutting for the new facility was in November 2019.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:43 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:39 pm Hope your son does well. Enjoy the new Chieftain Center.

Come check it out if your not too busy Sunday morning. There should be some good competition at Logan considering this is one of the last remaining District Championship to become a state qualifier. Exciting stuff. Is the Chieftan Center able to host an event like this ? I say that due to not knowing the layout or pretty much anything about it other than a few pics and remarks from folks that know what they are taking about saying how first class this place is.
I’m accustomed to events like these being held in the gymnasium. I really don’t know how the chieftain center set up. Like weight room training rooms locker rooms Hall of Fame trophy cases etc. I don’t know if it’s connected to the school or Can you give me a little rundown of How things are?
I might be out there. Sounds like it's going to be a good one. It will handle that event and then a lot something else at the same time. :lol: It's big. It's not connected to the school. It's on the other side of the stadium/home side. It's a piece of the whole huge complex out there though. It has a weight room training room but so does the high school itself. Can do many things in the Chieftain center though. It even has 4 b-ball courts inside the running track. You will just have to see it yourself. Enjoy your visit. Let me know what you think after.

I. Can’t wait to see it trench This place must be absloutly huge!!! and by the sounds of recent talk here pretty dang pricey. But hey it sure sounds like you guys definitely got what was paid for regardless of how the funds come to be. I would have the issue if the price tag was what is being said and you guys ended up with way less. No matter I’m super excited to this facility and thankful this state qualifier is being held there.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:34 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 pm Other than the donations the money was already there and could be used if classes were put in the building with no extra cost to tax payers. This is probably something that LOCOs could probably clear up. It sounds like if you want to call it a loan it is money coming from in the school and the building will pay for itself.
CHIEFTAIN CENTER
Following several years of consideration, study, and development, the District took formal steps in FY 2018 to move forward with the construction of the Chieftain Center on the Shaw-Davidson Campus at Logan High School. The 86,000 square foot multi-use state of the art athletic and academic complex will provide for increasing opportunities for the District’s students, community members, and regional economic development. The Center will include the following:
DRAFT
- xiii - 12/19/2019

LOGAN-HOCKING LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT, OHIO
Letter of Transmittal
For the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2019
Programming
● Curriculum Based Programs
● Broadcasting/Technology ● JROTC/CadetCorps

● MainFeatures
● 4 courts - basketball, volleyball, indoor tennis
● 6 lane NCAA, OHSAA certified indoor track and field facility ● Turfarea/field
● Weightroom
● Mezzanineviewingarea
● Lockerrooms
● Classroom/meetingrooms
● Broadcastroom-TV2
● Golfsimulationarea
● Collapsiblebattingcages
● Concession
● Restrooms
Community Use Times
● TheLogan-HockingSchoolDistrictiscommittedtoestablishingdedicatedhoursforcommunity use and access.

● Construction of the facility is being financed by Certificates of Participation (COPs) which were issued in FY 2018 in the amount of $8,500,000. Additionally, the Logan Athletic Boosters are in a local capital campaign. The Boosters are committed to raising $2 million for the Chieftain Center construction and financing. As of December 2019, over $1.7 million of commitments had been secured of which $1,238,000 in cash has been donated to the District. The COPS will be repaid over the next 30 years, maturing in fiscal year 2048. They are being funded with Permanent Improvement Funds of the District (designated inside tax millage). Ribbon cutting for the new facility was in November 2019.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think one thing that upsets a lot of people is the bad numbers they put out on the cost to get it built. I just read an article from 2017 that said it would only cost 1.8 million to build. Now it's a whopping 8.5 mill ! Talk about sticker shock. :o

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 pm I think one thing that upsets a lot of people is the bad numbers they put out on the cost to get it built. I just read an article from 2017 that said it would only cost 1.8 million to build. Now its whopping 8.5 mill ! Talk about sticker shock. :o
Exactly, Bolt. Took the words right out of my mouth. Had most thinking just under 2 mill when it was all done to construct/build it. Must have been a misprint. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Going to ask someone that would know the whole story tomorrow. You can count on that. I can't hardly afford the sneaky changed up taxes now I'm paying. :(

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Trench, do you save your tax bills? I wish I had mine back to 2017 to see if that Permanent improvement fund went up any and how much. I always throw mine away when I start paying the next year. I know everybody's taxes went up this year, some a little and some a lot. I thought it was because of them levies they passed last November.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

At least you didn’t pass a 93 million dollar levy that no one besides the college students voted for. 93bulldog and PFloyd better get a gold plated press row :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

What was that for raider? Holy smokes that's a lot of Frankies !

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

For new schools. I think it’s 70 million by tax payers and 20 by the state. I’d say our house values will go up so they can get even more money :lol:
Last edited by Raider6309 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:23 pm Trench, do you save your tax bills? I wish I had mine back to 2017 to see if that Permanent improvement fund went up any and how much. I always throw mine away when I start paying the next year. I know everybody's taxes went up this year, some a little and some a lot. I thought it was because of them levies they passed last November.
I have no idea what she does with the old ones. I know she keeps some of the old receipts for stuff. I heard tonight it might have been from the new 3 mill swimming pool they are putting in where the old one was. Who knows, but these sneaky real estate taxes are ridiculous. Paid ours last Friday, and the pocket book is empty now. :( Imagine paying MT's real estate taxes, Bolt. :shock: I couldn't believe it when I seen what he paid. Dang! :shock: Ole JG was right telling me that. Ole MT has big deep abyss pockets.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:44 pm For new schools
Athens county, Raider? How many are they building? :shock:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

New High School, 2 New Elementary schools, renovations to The Plains Elementary and the Middle School.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93 mill? They putting platinum floors in the schools, or what? :lol: :shock:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:53 pm 93 mill? They putting platinum floors in the schools, or what? :lol: :shock:
It’s 86 million. Had to look it up. Getting a dome over the football field :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:57 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:53 pm 93 mill? They putting platinum floors in the schools, or what? :lol: :shock:
It’s 86 million. Had to look it up. Getting a dome over the football field :lol:
Well, now I know where I'm going to go see a high school football game when it rains. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m kidding but hopefully they add bleachers to the away side and a new visitor locker room

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Burrow could buy you a dome after next year. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 am I’m kidding but hopefully they add bleachers to the away side and a new visitor locker room
I knew you was kidding. I was too. :lol: I aint missing no Chief game to see a bulldog game, dome or not. Not a bad future idea though. :lol:

Return to “Football”