SEOP

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by cbolt »

What place did your son get, county ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:40 pm What place did your son get, county ?

did ok bolt thanks for asking.

He went 4-0

DISTRICT CHAMP!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow congrats! That means he goes to the state tourney now right ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:54 pm Wow congrats! That means he goes to the state tourney now right ?

He does ! The way I understand his final state ranking and state tournament seeding will come from his sectional and district performances.

He won the sectional championship last month going 4-0 at Chillicothe high school. Which qualified him for the district.

He went 4-0 today inside the state of the art Chieftan Center winning the district.

So I’m going to assume he should be seeded well for the Ohio Athletic Committee State Tournament in Youngstown.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:29 pm
Chief02 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:34 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:29 pm HOLY COW!!!

This place is AWESOME!!

We are here at weigh ins for tomorrow district meet!!

Well done chiefs!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Top notch isn’t it?! The entrance is overwhelming the first time you walk in and look out. Lol

Chief02. It’s been a pleasure chit chatting. Helluva weekend and state of the art facilities You guys have. Logan High sxhool has three life memories that’ll be cherished forever coming to the hill (that phrase will always be stuck in my mind). Logan folk were super super nice to a guy dressed in Jackson Football
Glad you had a good weekend and enjoyed the facility! You may be an Ironman, but I won’t hold that against you just yet. :D

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I didn't know it was in Youngstown this year. Wonder why they moved it? Always been in C-bus or Dayton from what I remember. While other sports attendance keep plummeting wrestling attendance is strong year after year at the state tourney. They usually pack the arena the whole weekend. Looks like you're going to be in for a whopper of a trip next weekend county. Good luck!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

cbolt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 pm I didn't know it was in Youngstown this year. Wonder why they moved it? Always been in C-bus or Dayton from what I remember. While other sports attendance keep plummeting wrestling attendance is strong year after year at the state tourney. They usually pack the arena the whole weekend. Looks like you're going to be in for a whopper of a trip next weekend county. Good luck!
The OHSAA state finals are still in Columbus. His boy isn't in high school.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Oh I see. Thanks O&B

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Correct. This past weekend was the Ohio Athletic Committee Grade school district championship. The oldest boy doesnt wrestle . He’s a sophomore that plays baseball/basketball. The youngest boy is football/wreslting. Logan Elm knocked us out Saturday. The younger had a pretty good day in Logan on Sunday.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 pm Other than the donations the money was already there and could be used if classes were put in the building with no extra cost to tax payers. This is probably something that LOCOs could probably clear up. It sounds like if you want to call it a loan it is money coming from in the school and the building will pay for itself.
I'm of the believe that the 8.5 million is essentially a surplus from when the original bond issues were passed in the early 2000s to build the new HS AND the athletic facilities.

When I was in HS, I was on the committee that worked to support passage of the two bond issues. The first was for ALL the new buildings - the state paid over 75-percent of the cost for the five (?) new elementaries, an addition to the middle school, and the new HS.

A second bond issue was placed on the ballot to pay for the athletic facilities - or the things the state would not contribute money toward. A varsity gym, new football stadium, baseball and softball fields, tennis courts, etc.

When the new superintendent came in I heard they found the surplus money that had already been approved by voters but wasn't being used. That kickstarted a "re-think" on the whole facility. What could extra money build? Etc.

So its still no "new" money. It was approved well over 15 years. They just hadn't actually borrowed the money.

This is all second and third hand - so happy to be corrected - but that is what has been relayed to me from multiple sources over multiple conversations.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:41 am
noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 pm Other than the donations the money was already there and could be used if classes were put in the building with no extra cost to tax payers. This is probably something that LOCOs could probably clear up. It sounds like if you want to call it a loan it is money coming from in the school and the building will pay for itself.
I'm of the believe that the 8.5 million is essentially a surplus from when the original bond issues were passed in the early 2000s to build the new HS AND the athletic facilities.

When I was in HS, I was on the committee that worked to support passage of the two bond issues. The first was for ALL the new buildings - the state paid over 75-percent of the cost for the five (?) new elementaries, an addition to the middle school, and the new HS.

A second bond issue was placed on the ballot to pay for the athletic facilities - or the things the state would not contribute money toward. A varsity gym, new football stadium, baseball and softball fields, tennis courts, etc.

When the new superintendent came in I heard they found the surplus money that had already been approved by voters but wasn't being used. That kickstarted a "re-think" on the whole facility. What could extra money build? Etc.

So its still no "new" money. It was approved well over 15 years. They just hadn't actually borrowed the money.

This is all second and third hand - so happy to be corrected - but that is what has been relayed to me from multiple sources over multiple conversations.

Good stuff locos.

chiefs20
Waterboy

Post by chiefs20 »

Rumor is varsity player Jared Justice is transferring to Nelsonville

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

chiefs20 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 am Rumor is varsity player Jared Justice is transferring to Nelsonville
He already lives in our district. Has for a while now. Heard he is coming but I don't pay to much attention until and if he shows up.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 am
chiefs20 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 am Rumor is varsity player Jared Justice is transferring to Nelsonville
He already lives in our district. Has for a while now. Heard he is coming but I don't pay to much attention until and if he shows up.
Is he a junior this year?

chiefs20
Waterboy

Post by chiefs20 »

He'll be a junior for the 2020 season

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Next man up

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:46 amNext man up

What position did the kid play ?

chiefs20
Waterboy

Post by chiefs20 »

Saftey and running back

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Should I add a question mark to "2020"?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:43 am Should I add a question mark to "2020"?

Gosh I hope not.

You’ve been pretty tight tongue about it through much of this

Return to “Football”