Fort Frye needs games 2021

enigmaax
All State

Re: Fort Frye needs games 2021

Post by enigmaax »

efarns wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:06 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:00 pm
Bystander#1 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:08 pm I don't know why Beverly didn't call back, if what you are asserting is true. I wasn't talking about computer points, talking about a high level of competition. And it's not consideration, it's what it is.
FF only plays teams they can beat. They won’t play any good schools
I know you love to troll Fort Frye threads. Hi. I noticed you. You can go now.

I'm looking forward to chatting with these Waterford posters, but it's a long time until football starts. We should pace ourselves.
Lol. Why do you only talk about not-your-rival-Waterford?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:00 pm
Bystander#1 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:08 pm I don't know why Beverly didn't call back, if what you are asserting is true. I wasn't talking about computer points, talking about a high level of competition. And it's not consideration, it's what it is.
FF only plays teams they can beat. They won’t play any good schools
But they are “West Virginia State Champs.” Small schools, of course.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

So you are doubling down on your "Ridgewood is not an elite program" by now stating Ridgewood isnt high enough level of competition? I hope this game happens....

Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:12 am
So you are doubling down on your "Ridgewood is not an elite program" by now stating Ridgewood isnt high enough level of competition? I hope this game happens....
I could care less if it happens, I'm not a fan of either team. I just made a general statement as to maybe why one didn't want to talk to the other.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Then why post your opinion in the first place? Get outta here

Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

lol

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:00 am
efarns wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:09 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:46 pm He was being sarcastic. People knock Fort Frye schedule but they scored the most harbin points in school history. Ridgewood and Garaway are elite programs and Fort with smaller numbers is just trying to avoid that game. Fort has about 30-35 kids 1 injury could really cost them the season. It might come down to Fort has to take one of those games.
You're absolutely right about Waterford. They have a really good program right now, but the record between them and The Cadets is what it is. Why do they want to think they're Fort Frye's rival?
Nice deflection. To answer your question, perhaps it is proximity, familiarity, and the lure of a big gate? Maybe a bit of little brother syndrome? Despite the lopsided won/lost record, is there anyone that FF hates losing to more than Waterford?

To the original point, FF has twice as many kids as Waterford. FF should expect to win most of the time. But as I mentioned, Edspy has repeatedly maintained that isn’t important. Then he trashes every smaller school who won’t sign up for a beating and claims “no one” wants to play the Fort. Yet, the excuse for FF’s refusal to play some bigger, better competition comes down to numbers and being afraid of injuries? Lol.

Nobody has knocked Fort Frye’s schedule. But a few people have directly responded to one guy’s silly hypocrisy on the topic. So you tell me - is it okay to pick and choose games based on what you feel is best for your program and kids, even if that means avoiding some risks? Or is Fort Frye as guilty of cowardice as Frontier and Monroe Central for not wanting to get in over their heads sometimes? (Note, This has nothing to do with Waterford because they still play FF.)
I don't know, enigmaxx. I don't remember what it's like to lose to Waterford. The times it happened were truly low points for our program. Based on enrollment numbers, Fort Frye shouldn't be losing to Waterford.

By comparison, I don't see teams leaving The TVC to drop Trimble. Should they?

I'd like to see where any Fort Frye people picked on Frontier. Can you show me? They stayed in The PVC far longer than they were competitive. The basketball games were tight this year. It was a great series for awhile, but that's over.

Monroe Central is not much smaller than us. They lead the all-time series by about a thousand to ten. They put a running clock on us about five years ago. If I never travel to Woodsfield again in my life, that's great with me. But, yeah, I'm going to pick on them awhile.

Shenandoah is also not much smaller than us. It's been a competitive game and we've played for forever. Also, I have had a low opinion of The Zeps for a long time. I reserve the right to trash them as I see fit.

Before you criticize, have you seen anyone else who has had to replace 80% of their schedule? I think they've done a great job. I could see not wanting to make your fans travel two hours. Apparently, none of the teams close to Ridgewood or Mogadore want to play them either.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Why won't they play Ridgewood? Is it the turf thing? :mrgreen:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm Why won't they play Ridgewood? Is it the turf thing? :mrgreen:
Why won't anybody else play them?

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

efarns wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:47 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm Why won't they play Ridgewood? Is it the turf thing? :mrgreen:
If ya'll had turf NY would play you.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:50 pm
efarns wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:47 pm
If ya'll had turf NY would play you.
Lol. From what I saw on this board, they were desperate to play Fort Frye for about three years. Now they don't want to miss their outfits.

Return to “Football”