Talyn Parker

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Talyn Parker

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I’ve seen a lot of kids announcing their future education destinations over the last several hours, today is NSD. Haven’t heard anything about Portsmouth’s talented RB Talyn Parker. Anyone have any info on if he will be playing at the next level? He’s obviously talented enough, not sure if he doesn’t have the grades, maybe doesn’t want to continue playing or what might be holding him back? Any Trojan faithful have any info to share on what schools offered him, I know someone has?

PTrojan59
S

Re: Talyn Parker

Post by PTrojan59 »

Actually just had a conversation with someone about this yesterday. From my knowledge I have not heard of where the young man will be going to college. Maybe Trojan Dave would have more info.

Who Dey!
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Was wondering abt him he had a spectacular season his junior year and flew under the radar this last season stat wise imo but Portsmouth still making the playoffs and such

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The last I heard about Talyn was that Toledo was the most likely destination......but that was about a month ago, and I haven't heard anything since.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that would be able to watch him in maction dave.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Toledo good football.

Watched some serious games between them and the Herd late 90s fighting for it all in the MAC. If ya think that’s not big time football let’s throw some names out there in those games....Randy Moss Chad Pennington

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:59 am Toledo good football.

Watched some serious games between them and the Herd late 90s fighting for it all in the MAC. If ya think that’s not big time football let’s throw some names out there in those games....Randy Moss Chad Pennington
Moss was gone when Marshall moved up to FBS.
Marshall won the national title the year before and miss went to the draft.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:08 am

Moss helped Marshall win the MAC title in 1997. It was their first year in the league. Moss was also MAC MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 am

Moss helped Marshall win the MAC title in 1997. It was their first year in the league. Moss was also MAC MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.

That is correct. In a snowstorm game in Huntington in 1997 against the Herd and Rockets. I was there as a recruit. Awesome night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

absolutely county. I hope we get to see him play more. because their conference ain't in the big 5. it don't matter to me, I love the mac. I miss the herd there after that stupid move. I'd love to see parker as a rocket. I even watched xfl yesterday and loved it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I got to see marshall beat Youngstown in the fcs title game in Huntington myself. electric atmosphere. I was on the side where they enter the field. and I'm friends with coach tressel, and jim donnan. so it was great to see. and continue to watch them as they moved forward.
me and my dad were on the marshall sidelines for a couple of games from invites from coach donna. it was awesome. i'll never forget them. seen a lot of marshall games there back in the day.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wasn't that awesome pirate seeing them live. pennington, leftwich, moss, etc. I remember when moss played for DuPont, and ironton beat them. and they won the wva. big school state title. it was awesome getting to see him play locally. and get to see guys like carlos snow, and Vinnie clark seeing them play ironton from cape. then see them play for the buckeyes.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:11 pm

wasn't that awesome pirate seeing them live. pennington, leftwich, moss, etc. I remember when moss played for DuPont, and ironton beat them. and they won the wva. big school state title. it was awesome getting to see him play locally. and get to see guys like carlos snow, and Vinnie clark seeing them play ironton from cape. then see them play for the buckeyes.

I know Randy Moss was a HUgE part of that DuPont title team. But he wasn’t the only one that was star powered on thy team either. Had other players going to play for Power5 schools other being potential MLB draft picks. That Dupont team was loaded. It was not just Randy Moss alone.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Parker is only a junior. All he could get right now is a verbal offer, so it's no big surprise that there hasnt been a decision made. He can't sign a National LOI until his senior season.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:42 pm Parker is only a junior. All he could get right now is a verbal offer, so it's no big surprise that there hasnt been a decision made. He can't sign a National LOI until his senior season.
Talyn? He is a senior

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:11 pm

I was watching a documentary bout Micheal Vick recently and they showed a clip of him winning the Heisman and beside him sitting there was Chad Pennington. I remember Randy Moss being invited to the Heisman and had he been at FSU with Bobby Bowden like he originally started out he would have won it. But still being invited from Marshall was huge. Guess what I am trying To say is that I forgot about Pennington being there. Inayed college football with a guy that came from Pennington’s high school and he was clone of Chad Pennington as far as looks. They could’ve been twins if ya asked me. He played WR though not QB. I believe we all hate the fact the Herd moved to thenC-USA with no television exposure. Ever. Unless it’s a bowl game we don’t see them. Stinks too. I believe a Wednesday night or Thursday night game between Marshall/OU for Battle if the Bell and MAC implications would put arses in the seats and eyes balls to the TV screen. O well. What do ya do now ??

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:42 pm Parker is only a junior. All he could get right now is a verbal offer, so it's no big surprise that there hasnt been a decision made. He can't sign a National LOI until his senior season.
I wish he were only a junior, I’d love to have him back for another year lol, but yeah he’s a senior.

Who Dey!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

He's a senior

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

For some reason I was thinking he was a junior. Thanks for the correction!

Yeah it seems like he should have already signed a LOI by now.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

According to Rivals he has an offer from BG and Toledo and the 3rd school on his radar is OSU.

I wonder if he would be better off going with one of the offers or walking on OSU's team? At 5'11 and 190lbs he is no slouch thats for sure.

Return to “Football”