Talyn Parker

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Talyn Parker

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to this young man , that he may continue with his academics and sports career.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I have been told there are some academic issues that need settled. It may be best for him to attend a JUCO or prep school, get his academic credentials in order, then he may very well receive an even higher offer.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:11 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 am

Moss helped Marshall win the MAC title in 1997. It was their first year in the league. Moss was also MAC MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.
wasn't that awesome pirate seeing them live. pennington, leftwich, moss, etc. I remember when moss played for DuPont, and ironton beat them. and they won the wva. big school state title. it was awesome getting to see him play locally. and get to see guys like carlos snow, and Vinnie clark seeing them play ironton from cape. then see them play for the buckeyes.

I was watching a documentary bout Micheal Vick recently and they showed a clip of him winning the Heisman and beside him sitting there was Chad Pennington. I remember Randy Moss being invited to the Heisman and had he been at FSU with Bobby Bowden like he originally started out he would have won it. But still being invited from Marshall was huge. Guess what I am trying To say is that I forgot about Pennington being there. Inayed college football with a guy that came from Pennington’s high school and he was clone of Chad Pennington as far as looks. They could’ve been twins if ya asked me. He played WR though not QB. I believe we all hate the fact the Herd moved to thenC-USA with no television exposure. Ever. Unless it’s a bowl game we don’t see them. Stinks too. I believe a Wednesday night or Thursday night game between Marshall/OU for Battle if the Bell and MAC implications would put arses in the seats and eyes balls to the TV screen. O well. What do ya do now ??
Vick never won a Heisman.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

If it was 99 Ron Dayne won it

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:43 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:11 pm

wasn't that awesome pirate seeing them live. pennington, leftwich, moss, etc. I remember when moss played for DuPont, and ironton beat them. and they won the wva. big school state title. it was awesome getting to see him play locally. and get to see guys like carlos snow, and Vinnie clark seeing them play ironton from cape. then see them play for the buckeyes.

I was watching a documentary bout Micheal Vick recently and they showed a clip of him winning the Heisman and beside him sitting there was Chad Pennington. I remember Randy Moss being invited to the Heisman and had he been at FSU with Bobby Bowden like he originally started out he would have won it. But still being invited from Marshall was huge. Guess what I am trying To say is that I forgot about Pennington being there. Inayed college football with a guy that came from Pennington’s high school and he was clone of Chad Pennington as far as looks. They could’ve been twins if ya asked me. He played WR though not QB. I believe we all hate the fact the Herd moved to thenC-USA with no television exposure. Ever. Unless it’s a bowl game we don’t see them. Stinks too. I believe a Wednesday night or Thursday night game between Marshall/OU for Battle if the Bell and MAC implications would put arses in the seats and eyes balls to the TV screen. O well. What do ya do now ??
Vick never won a Heisman.

Yeah he finished third. That was my bad for stating that. They were showing some clips through the 30/30 ESPN about Vick and awards of thy time in his career. That’s been a hot second ago. Lol.
Anyways, it wasn’t necessarily about him. It was more to show that Chad Pennington from Marshall was there too. Randy Moss was there before. So the Herd put a couple players at the presentation quick which in turn was stating how good the MAC was and Toledo that Mr.Parker from Portsmouth was a possibility. We were debating about the Herd and Rockets playing for MAC titles.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:19 pm If it was 99 Ron Dayne won it

Yes. Vick was 3rd
Pennington from Marshall not far behind.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Vick was a freshman year he finished 3rd. Now that we are talking about him.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Any updates on Parker? I like to see this young man be successful on and off the field.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Semi pro it is

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Real shame that a kid with his talents isn’t playing college football. I heard after his senior year of football ended he pretty much gave up on school. Not bashing him this is just what I heard. Kids have to put just as much into the classroom as they do on the field to be successful.

caliron
Waterboy

Post by caliron »

Didn't someone else from a Portsmouth HS have a pretty good career at UT? wink-wink

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

caliron wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:48 pm Didn't someone else from a Portsmouth HS have a pretty good career at UT? wink-wink
Antonio Malone I think played there also in the early 2000's.

Return to “Football”