Portsmouth Trojans Football 2020

Beergogglebluez
SE

Portsmouth Trojans Football 2020

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Have not seen a post but curious on what’s everyone’s thoughts on the Trojans for next year. No more river valley and Wellston is week 3. Have to replace a ton of kids. No more talyn Parker and also replacing Wallace, Purdy, McCoy, Pendleton, McKenzie, most of the offensive and defensive line. Saw some good kids on the Jv team last year. Kalb has done a amazing job in 2 years and the Roe kid is back, he played really well and Keyes is back on defense . I think valley will be a tough game. West will be improved then to Wellston, rock hill not sure what they have, Gallia should be loaded, coal grove, south point I’m not sure about. I think Fairland will be improved and ironton should be tough. A lot of rebuilding and filling spots but looking forward to next year. Oh I forgot Chesapeake I’m not sure what they bring back.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth Trojans 2020

Post by trojandave »

We lose 9 of 11 starters on defense, and that's what could be the difference between a 5 win team and a 7 win team. The Trojan offense will still be good even without Talyn Parker, and Roe should be one of the best QB's in the OVC. Coach Kalb and his staff have done a great job with a 15-7 record in the first 2 seasons, with 2 playoffs, but this year will be a big challenge to stay in the upper ranks of the conference.

Ironton should be the OVC favorite, with Gallia 2nd. Losing so many starters on defense, I think Portsmouth will have to really fight to finish 3rd like last year. I understand that the numbers at PHS are up to about 50, which would be an increase of about 7-8 kids from last season.

PTrojan59
S

Re: Portsmouth Trojans 2020

Post by PTrojan59 »

Think Portsmouth should still win 5 games, but anymore than that may be tough. The biggest question marks to me have to be the line on both sides of the ball. Offense will still be able to score a lot of points, bringing back QB Roe, RB’s Carr & Poxes should be fine, both looked good when I seen them in those positions. WR you’ll return Duff & Bryant. On defense Johnson, Bryant & Roe will all return after having time in the secondary, Keys & Poxes return at LB after both playing a lot there this past season. So to me the biggest question mark is without a doubt line play on both sides of the ball. Not to mention you have to stay healthy, and it would be nice to have a little depth.

Who Dey!

Return to “Football”