SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy to the TVC-Ohio

Post by Geronimo »

Why ?

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 pm Most people in Gallia want to be in the TVC
Because GA isnt really that different from Athens. They want to schedule crap opponents and rack up the wins and then brag about how dominant they are.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 pm Most people in Gallia want to be in the TVC
Wrong

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:44 pm
Because GA isnt really that different from Athens. They want to schedule crap opponents and rack up the wins and then brag about how dominant they are.
Please be specific.
Point Pleasant = gate
Meigs = gate
River Valley = gate (no longer on schedule)
OVC = no control
Don't be a hater.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I would take out Meigs or point add jackson and wheelersburg be more playoff ready even if they go 7-3 6-4 Still have a chance of making playoffs

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:37 pm I would take out Meigs or point add jackson and wheelersburg be more playoff ready even if they go 7-3 6-4 Still have a chance of making playoffs
Jackson should play Logan , Athens, Gallia Academy, and Wheelersburg every year in non league.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Nah, I actually prefer the OVC. The only way I would be in favor of leaving is if for some reason the old SEOAL got back together e.g. Logan, Athens, Marietta, Warren, Jackson, and Gallia Academy. Since that probably isn't going to happen, I'm all in on the OVC.

My perfect non league schedule before OVC play is Meigs, Point Pleasant, and Jackson.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Jackson has vowed not to play Gallia Academy unless we build a new field.
Used to play Wheelersburg, not sure what happened there.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

If the OVC wasn't so bottom heavy with division 5 and 6 schools I would be in favor of getting Wheelersburg back on the schedule, but Gallia needs some non league games against bigger schools for playoff points. Meigs and Point Pleasant need to stay on the schedule strictly for gate purposes. That will help all the Gallia athletic programs as a whole. Not to mention Point Pleasant has a good program and is a bigger school that I think would be the equivalent of a division 3 school in Ohio. Jackson is also a larger division 3 school with a great program. Hopefully they can work out the field disagreements in the near future and resume the series. The rivalry is too big for this game not to be played. Who knows when Gallia will be getting a new stadium though.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

OVC best fit for GA ! And for Jackson who cares. !

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I hate to be negative, but I cannot see a new field in the near future.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:04 am I hate to be negative, but I cannot see a new field in the near future.
I can remember going to the swamp back in the early 2000’s and Gallia had plans for a new field. For some reason that didn’t happen and Gallia’s Holzer gave a bunch of money to Jackson for their field. Weird Gallia didn’t get that money

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

One reason Holzer
Field ! That did not
Fly plus much more.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

GA and Wheelersburg would be interesting, seeing that the Pirates coach is a 1997 GA graduate.

Also, to the theme of this post, GA is NOT coming to the TVC-Ohio.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:02 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:04 am I hate to be negative, but I cannot see a new field in the near future.
I can remember going to the swamp back in the early 2000’s and Gallia had plans for a new field. For some reason that didn’t happen and Gallia’s Holzer gave a bunch of money to Jackson for their field. Weird Gallia didn’t get that money
When Osbourne was the AD, he kept it in great shape, mowing and watering it so the grass was thick and good to play on. Not for certain, but they want a new field so bad that they probably don't keep it so it's good to play on, just to make a point.
Rumor of the time was that the higher ups didn't want to put a sign that said Holzer Field. :roll: They also messed up when putting the track in at the new hs, there isn't enough room for a football field inside, so they will have to tear it out, adding to the expense. Last heard was, they have some new plan to add on to the school using some grant and use that $$ to help finance locker rooms/fields/stands etc. But with the world on lockdown, doubt that will happen anytime soon. They should just stay in the OVC so they can continue to be the "big dog" beating up every one else.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Gallia Academy may be the largest school in the OVC, but we are not beating up on everyone else.
Thing is, the OVC is their best option. School enrollment in all of southeast ohio will continue to decline until there are reasons for young people to stay and raise families or families want to move here for employment.
These are all beyond the control of Gallia Academy and it's AD.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Rvfan wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:26 pm

When Osbourne was the AD, he kept it in great shape, mowing and watering it so the grass was thick and good to play on. Not for certain, but they want a new field so bad that they probably don't keep it so it's good to play on, just to make a point.
Rumor of the time was that the higher ups didn't want to put a sign that said Holzer Field. :roll: They also messed up when putting the track in at the new hs, there isn't enough room for a football field inside, so they will have to tear it out, adding to the expense. Last heard was, they have some new plan to add on to the school using some grant and use that $$ to help finance locker rooms/fields/stands etc. But with the world on lockdown, doubt that will happen anytime soon. They should just stay in the OVC so they can continue to be the "big dog" beating up every one else.

I remember driving down for a VC/Gallia game after I graduated so around 2012-13. I knew they had newer schools and figured they weren’t playing in town anymore. Drove by and was shocked they were playing there. Why wouldn’t they leave enough room at the new school for a football field?

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:53 pm
Rvfan wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:26 pm

I remember driving down for a VC/Gallia game after I graduated so around 2012-13. I knew they had newer schools and figured they weren’t playing in town anymore. Drove by and was shocked they were playing there. Why wouldn’t they leave enough room at the new school for a football field?
There was room at the time, just no cash.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia the way they raised money for the new school none of the money could be used for athletic facilities So the athletic facilities have been piece mealed.. the track doesnt have to be pulled up. there is plenty of room for the football field inside the track. That other is just rumor

Return to “Football”