Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: GA to the TVC-O

Post by Orange and Brown »

BigBendSports2020 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:02 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:24 am
BigBendSports2020 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:32 pm

The year meigs went 8-2 and made the playoffs they lost to
2-8 warren... they can’t compete with the bigger schools even in their best years. Sorry. It just doesn’t make sense. Athens should leave and no other big schools need to be in the TVC.
Meigs was D4 then and Warren was D3 lol Sorry you can't compete with schools one division bigger than you Heck you can't compete with schools one division smaller than you either. :lol:
I root for a lot of teams not just Meigs. I would try to take up for Meigs but seeing you’re from NY and Meigs hasn’t beat you since 1998 I guess I have to accept your insult. Or did they beat you a couple years ago when you only won a couple games during the Coach Boston drama year?
Bartrum had 2 wins against Nelsonville-York.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BigBendSports2020
Waterboy

Post by BigBendSports2020 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:26 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:24 am

Meigs was D4 then and Warren was D3 lol Sorry you can't compete with schools one division bigger than you Heck you can't compete with schools one division smaller than you either. :lol:
I root for a lot of teams not just Meigs. I would try to take up for Meigs but seeing you’re from NY and Meigs hasn’t beat you since 1998 I guess I have to accept your insult. Or did they beat you a couple years ago when you only won a couple games during the Coach Boston drama year?
Wow! He was 7 games under 500 but beat the great NY Buckeyes? That’s embarrassing! (How was that for my comeback for your “can’t play with teams a div lower than you?) lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BigBendSports2020 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:57 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:26 pm

Wow! He was 7 games under 500 but beat the great NY Buckeyes? That’s embarrassing! (How was that for my comeback for your “can’t play with teams a div lower than you?) lol
It was a good start :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

If Meigs can't compete then look to leave the TVC... bottom line is the TVC outside of Trimble, the Burrow era and the 17-18 run by NY what has the TVC has done what in the post season in any sport? Making your schedule tougher should force everyone to get better... Would you prefer to just play a JV schedule?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm If Meigs can't compete then look to leave the TVC... bottom line is the TVC outside of Trimble, the Burrow era and the 17-18 run by NY what has the TVC has done what in the post season in any sport? Making your schedule tougher should force everyone to get better... Would you prefer to just play a JV schedule?
They had their good team at the wrong time. Played two state title contenders. Played in that brutal D4 Cincinnati region. Now they are in god awful D5 so hopefully they can turn it around

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’d like to see Gallia, Warren, Oak Hill, and Fort Frye join the TVC Ohio but that’s up to those schools

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:44 pm I’d like to see Gallia, Warren, Oak Hill, and Fort Frye join the TVC Ohio but that’s up to those schools
I’d be for that as well. We need to lock down the far SEO as TVC members.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:44 pm I’d like to see Gallia, Warren, Oak Hill, and Fort Frye join the TVC Ohio but that’s up to those schools
VC and Alexander won't vote for Warren. Nelsonville will vote for all of them cause they want three divisions so they can get away from the bigger schools in the other sports.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

hardhitter ll wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:08 pm
VC and Alexander won't vote for Warren. Nelsonville will vote for all of them cause they want three divisions so they can get away from the bigger schools in the other sports.
SG will vote for anything that gets us away from Trimble. Hopefully they've grown tired of beating up on the Hocking and have grown enough seeds to move up. :mrgreen:

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

meatswinger wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:02 am
SG will vote for anything that gets us away from Trimble. Hopefully they've grown tired of beating up on the Hocking and have grown enough seeds to move up. :mrgreen:
Are you really that soft? It wasn't too many years ago that you were bragging about Newark Catholic scouting you for the playoffs. Now you're running scared from Trimble? WOW!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

55buckeye98 - "what has the TVC has done what in the post season in any sport?"

Well, Athens, Meigs and Alexander have all played deep into the Baseball Play-offs since Athens joined the League. Any League would take that!

Heck, Athens has played in [4] Straight District Championships and Won 3 of them, advancing to the Elite Eight Twice...all without a boy named Burrow...

People need to realize High School Sports are more than just Football...
HS Sports talent also comes in Waves, with up years and down years, any team, any league...

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm If Meigs can't compete then look to leave the TVC... bottom line is the TVC outside of Trimble, the Burrow era and the 17-18 run by NY what has the TVC has done what in the post season in any sport? Making your schedule tougher should force everyone to get better... Would you prefer to just play a JV schedule?
Eastern had a state caliber baseball team in 2018. One game away. Hocking just as good if not better overall in baseball

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

They don't need to move up just because you can't beat them. Anyone who even entertains the idea of Trimble to the Ohio is a moron. They are right where they should be.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

rc1129 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:44 pm

They don't need to move up just because you can't beat them. Anyone who even entertains the idea of Trimble to the Ohio is a moron. They are right where they should be.
I wouldn’t say moron. But you are right. Size wise, Trimble is a Hocking school. As well as NY.

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

Wahama won state titles in Baseball twice, Football, and has had several state champions in track while in the tvc. Do those still count since the White Falcons used the same cut and run approach as Athens?

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

More importantly arent we discussing GA joining the TVC?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Look at what NY has accomplished in Track and Field and Wrestling.
I don't get why people continually overlook those.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:53 pm
Look at what NY has accomplished in Track and Field and Wrestling.
I don't get why people continually overlook those.
Here let me help you. Football and basketball programs are the front door of your institution. IMO its football but I know te people from Racine would argue that point. Most fans of HS sports pay little to no attention to Track and/or Wrestling. Hope this helps. I typed it slow to help to make it easy for you. :D :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NY is showing it is more than a football school. The Rocky Brands has been the biggest meet in SEO that I have been too. Always packed.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Gallia Academy to the TVC-Ohio

Post by Raider6309 »

Most people in Gallia want to be in the TVC

Return to “Football”