Logan Football - From the Vault (Stay-at-home entertainment)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Football - From the Vault (Stay-at-home entertainment)

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan never lost to Joe Burrow :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:06 pm Logan never lost to Joe Burrow :lol:
I wasn't going to say it!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

and Athens never won against Angles

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Athens babies should have never left the SEOAL. But I can think of a number of Logan Squads that would have gave the Burrow team all they wanted, and then some. Raider knows this deep down too.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm The Athens babies should have never left the SEOAL. But I can think of a number of Logan Squads that would have gave the Burrow team all they wanted, and then some. Raider knows this deep down too.
No Logan team would have kept it close. Be close at half and end up 42-21. D1 athletes vs D3 athletes. An all time Logan team vs Joe Burrow would be a better comparison.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens had no D the last year of Burrow. The Conrad team would have scored every time on Athens that year with our defense holding Athens half the time. Logan would have taken their time with scoring to eat the clock up and would have had two or three INTs and small hands Burrow would have fumble twice. 35/20 Logan. Athens in the playoffs was like let them score so we can get the ball back.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:14 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm The Athens babies should have never left the SEOAL. But I can think of a number of Logan Squads that would have gave the Burrow team all they wanted, and then some. Raider knows this deep down too.
No Logan team would have kept it close. Be close at half and end up 42-21. D1 athletes vs D3 athletes. An all time Logan team vs Joe Burrow would be a better comparison.
Thee Burrow team was definitely good, and I'm proud of him, but you have no clue what you are talking about, Raider. A number of Chief squads would have scored quick and easily against them. You are correct, Noreply. All they had was a high octane offense, that easily went through the TVC, and met their demise in the end of the post season when met a team that could score at will. Logan has had a number of squads in the past that could do it as well. Had very good teams on offense and had stout defense's. But it's just dream thinking because the yellow bellies left the SEOAL scared and mostly winless to try their luck in a much smaller TVC. Sad!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Shwooo

sounds like football Friday night !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The chefs would be too slow to compete with those D1 athletes

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:57 pm Since we're all stuck at home with no live sports, I've been uploading one Logan HS football game per season each day to my YouTube page.

I have (practically) all of Logan's games from 1985-1999 digitized plus a handful of games from 2000-now.

Here is a link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... niJBKyqguQ

And now the games, with a few notes:

1985 - Logan 40, Miami Trace 33 - arguably the greatest game ever played on the Hilltop. Keith Myers and DJ Conrad set single game passing and receiving marks and Kelly Wolfe ran for over 200 yards. Trace let Logan score their final touchdown (score was 34-33) to get the ball back. Logan barely held on for the win.

1986 - Logan 34, Athens 6 - Logan closed the 1986 season with a dominating win over rival Athens. It finished Logan's second straight 9-1 season, but still an SEOAL title eluded coach Clarence Perry as both seasons the Chiefs lost to Gallipolis. Wolfe ran for 184 yards as he set new single season and career rushing marks (he is still Logan's career rushing leader). The game ended with a bit of a brawl that set the tone for 5-6 years of an extremely heated Bulldog/Chieftain rivalry both on the field and on the hardwood.

1987 - Logan 30, Gallipolis 15
- Logan avenged their only league losses under Coach Perry by downing Gallipolis 30-15. A second quarter interception by Jose Medina helped turn the tide after a dominant first quarter by GAHS. The victory propelled Logan to their first ever playoff appearance. Jimmer Breining passed for 195 yards and two touchdowns while Paul Clark ran for 114 yards and a pair of scores to pace the Chieftains.

1988 - Logan 45, Nelsonville-York 0 - Logan opened the 1988 season with a dominant win over rival Nelsonville-York. The Chiefs gained 327 total yards and held the Buckeyes to only 81. Sophomore Bill Copley ran for 102 yards and a pair of scores while Paul Clark added 56 and a score. Jimmer Breining threw for 133 yards and a pair of scores to Nick Maniskas who caught three total passes for 115 yards.

1989 - Logan 17, Columbus DeSales 14 - Third time was a the charm for Logan who avenged a pair of closes losses to DeSales with a come-from-behind 17-14 victory in Columbus. Sophomore fullback/linebacker Bryan Lambert was a workhorse and Scott Sigler connected with Jason Allison for a 21-yard touchdown pass with 2:42 to play to give LHS the win. DeSales featured a yet unknown sophomore tight end/defensive end name Luke Fickell who caught a team high 4 passes for 64 yards.

1990 - Logan 26, Warren 13 - Dale Amyx' first season was largely forgettable thanks to the loss of the projected starting quarterback in an off field incident. Still this game, his second win, showed promise for what the future would hold. Fullback Bryan Lambert and tailback Bill Copley led the way for the purple and white while quarterback Nathan Dickerson ran for a score and completed a key pass to Dustin Mowery to set up Logan's third touchdown.

1991 - Logan 13, Chillicothe 0 - Josh Jackson kicked two field goals (29 and 37 yards) and Dustin Mowery caught a 23 yard touchdown to account for Logan’s scoring. The defense, led by SEOAL MVP LB Bryan Lambert and DL Ty Veidt held the Cavs to 109 total yards and 8 first downs. Logan would finish 7-3 in Dale Amyx’ second season with the three losses coming by a combined 13 points.

1992 - Logan 42, Warren 9 - This game was much closer than the score would indicate. Greg Crossley ran for an LHS record 302 yards and five touchdowns on 31 carries. Warren ran for over 200 yards, but lost three fumbles and threw an interception. Logan scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to blow the game open. Logan would finish 6-4 overall but shared the SEOAL title with Gallipolis and Jackson. Crossley would share the SEOAL MVP award with Chad Barnes of Gallipolis.

1993 - Logan 35, Nelsonville-York 18 - Logan avenged a 1992 blowout loss to the Buckeyes with this come-from-behind win over N-Y. The Buckeyes took a 12-0 lead before Logan scored late in the first half on a "spot pass (or double pass" from Brian Miller-Chad Zimmerman-Matt Mellinger that helped turn the tide. Logan outscored the Buckeyes 28-6 in the second half to win the game going away. Zimmerman threw and caught touchdown passes and also made an interception to help lead LHS.

1994 - Logan 38, Warren 14 - Logan snapped a three game losing streak and opened SEOAL play with this come-from-behind victory over Warren. The Warriors took an early 6-0 lead and had Logan backed up in the shadow of their own goal line when Chad Zimmerman connected with Eric Cox for a school record 97-yard touchdown pass. John Cosgrove averaged over 10 yards per carry, Zimmerman threw for over 200 yards, and the defense led by Tim Bookman and Chris Hall was stingy, allowing only 14 points. Logan would finish 7-3 overall and just miss out on a playoff spot back when only 4 teams per region qualified.
very nice

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

What is the only team to beat a Athens joe burrow lead team in the regular season. Sorry I am a little off subject but the answer I think will help the Logan argument.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

645945 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:39 pm What is the only team to beat a Athens joe burrow lead team in the regular season. Sorry I am a little off subject but the answer I think will help the Logan argument.
Gallipolis (and Coach Eddy!) beat Joe his first start as a sophomore in 2012. Good loaded question :mrgreen: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

645945 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:39 pm What is the only team to beat a Athens joe burrow lead team in the regular season. Sorry I am a little off subject but the answer I think will help the Logan argument.
The guy Logan should have hired in 2015. The easiest hire for Logan and they screwed it up :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:13 pm The chefs would be too slow to compete with those D1 athletes
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We hear ya, Raider.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:28 pm
Thee Burrow team was definitely good, and I'm proud of him, but you have no clue what you are talking about, Raider. A number of Chief squads would have scored quick and easily against them. You are correct, Noreply. All they had was a high octane offense, that easily went through the TVC, and met their demise in the end of the post season when met a team that could score at will. Logan has had a number of squads in the past that could do it as well. Had very good teams on offense and had stout defense's. But it's just dream thinking because the yellow bellies left the SEOAL scared and mostly winless to try their luck in a much smaller TVC. Sad!
I mean the Westerville South team Logan demolished had a Super Bowl champion as their #1 receiver and the #2 receiver started three years at Toledo and broke all of their school records. Their QB wasn't quite D1 but he did end up setting all of Otterbein's passing records.

And the next week Logan beat a Pickerington team full of D1 athletes.

Logan's best team made a D1 regional final. So if we're gonna talk about D1 vs D3 - let's be honest, Division I football in Ohio is LEVELS above every other division at the top end.

I don't think any team from Logan would be Joe. But lets not pretend that the 2000 Logan team couldn't have made it a helluva game.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:52 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:28 pm

I mean the Westerville South team Logan demolished had a Super Bowl champion as their #1 receiver and the #2 receiver started three years at Toledo and broke all of their school records. Their QB wasn't quite D1 but he did end up setting all of Otterbein's passing records.

And the next week Logan beat a Pickerington team full of D1 athletes.

Logan's best team made a D1 regional final. So if we're gonna talk about D1 vs D3 - let's be honest, Division I football in Ohio is LEVELS above every other division at the top end.

I don't think any team from Logan would be Joe. But lets not pretend that the 2000 Logan team couldn't have made it a helluva game.
Disagree with the part about D-I being head and shoulders above the rest of the mid-large school divisions. Give me the state championship team Trotwood-Madison or any Winton Woods team from the past few years against the likes of St. Ed or Pick North or Colerain.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Locos must forget Athens put a running clock on Desales. Desales lost to OCC champ 11-2 Westerville Central 21-17. Also 2000 Logan barely beat a 3-7 Zanesville team. Athens was up 55-14 at half on Zanesville who went to state 2 of 3 years

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm
Disagree with the part about D-I being head and shoulders above the rest of the mid-large school divisions. Give me the state championship team Trotwood-Madison or any Winton Woods team from the past few years against the likes of St. Ed or Pick North or Colerain.
Winton Woods lost to Elder and lost by 20 to St. Edward in 2019. They didn't win a state title in any of the last three years.

I will give you Trotwood in 2017. That is probably the one exception in 30 years. They beat the D1 state champ in the regular season and went 15-0.

And honestly - Akron Hoban the last few years I would also accept. But I don't think anyone thinks what's happening there is "normal."
Last edited by loganlocos on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:50 pm Locos must forget Athens put a running clock on Desales. Desales lost to OCC champ 11-2 Westerville Central 21-17. Also 2000 Logan barely beat a 3-7 Zanesville team. Athens was up 55-14 at half on Zanesville who went to state 2 of 3 years
Zanesville was 5-5 in 2014 and their best win was over a 5-5 Logan team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westerville South and Pickerington (before the split) were ACTUALLY OCC champs.

Saying the 2000 Logan team could play with Burrows Athens team isn't an insult.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I told u it would be a good game but Athens would pull away in the second half 42-21. I’m not saying Athens would win 100-0

Return to “Football”