Steps to having a season (please no politics)

Prime Time
All State

Re: Steps to having a season (please no politics)

Post by Prime Time »

This is my prediction and many will say no way but come back to this post in August. I predict no school in fall of 2020 and more than likely rest of school thru 2020-2021 school year. My opinion and it’s going to turn out a very accurate prediction. Social Distance, wear a mask, and think about the person next to you. God Bless everyone.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

The gov. and Amy aren’t my daddy.i will distance myself as well as I can from strangers,but as for my friends and family,we willl live our lives.i am 70 yrs old in good health and if people think I will lay around and do nothing with the time I have left their nuts.Lets party! :D

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Artis, great basketball career by the way, I followed you a Jacksonville and you was a beast. But Gov Mike and Dr Amy isn’t my daddy and mommy either.but I plan on following our leaders and defeat this enemy. Good luck and keep yourself safe Artis.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Blind following the Blind. No mask No gloves No problems!!!!

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

This is a flu.It will probably come back every flu season.Respect others ,but live your life.Dont sit around binge watching your tv with a mask and gloves.If you are sick,stay home.All paranoia does is make people paranoid.I live in a rural co.Very few cases.Businesses need to reopen and healthy people need to go back to normalcy.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Here is my opinion. Lets say basically 60 days ago we did not know much about covid-19. look at what we have learned. In the next 60 days which will be early july we will know much more. I am of the belief that things will change and be changing right up until time.

So let me give a wild guess on how we could get to play football this fall.

First let's say june 1st. we allow to open schools sports facilities for out side sports. lets set up a set of rules and lets say everyone who wants to compete in a fall sport has to pass a physical and if you have any underlying conditions that could be could make covid-19 troubling for you. you are declared ineligible at this time.

We open up like locker rooms for lifting but we limit the weight room to like 8 people or 10 at a time. you have the same 8 to 10 kids work out together each day. you could begin to do a lot of walk through and stuff.

in july we allow 7 on 7 but only allow like 10 kids per team or so to particiapete together. At this time all of these kids lets say have to pass a covid-19 test.

if everything goes well starting the 1st of august we start traditional practice but with differences. we would have kids get dressed and shower in waves. of course everything would have to be sanitized even more regularly then usual.

every kids helmet would have to be retrofitted with some kind of face shield.

i am sure there would be other things you would have to do as necessary things. maybe no fans first scrimmage. second scrimmage parents and immediate family.

when the season started i think you could have bands and they could perform. maybe you would want them to set further apart in stands and maybe you would not take them on away games. I think you could have player families there and you could probably even allow student bodies to go. we would just have to have some kind of distancing.

you might even be able to sell some other tickets.

there are several other things maybe you have some kind of ohsaa waiver that allows players to be able to travel to game with family instead of on a bus. you have the teams go to end zone at halftime not to small locker rooms.

We have to realize a lot is going to change between now and august. we are going to have restaurants and a lot of things open. we are going to be in a totally different place then we are now. We are going to be better at knowing what we can and cannot do.

But i really do think we are going to be looking at starting the season late like around labor day. i think that would be two weeks late but even if you start 3 weeks late. you play a whole schedule move winter sports back two weeks, and spring sports back a week.

two weeks ago i would of thought no chance for this, a week ago i would of been like really maybe there is slight chance. Today i think my plan is unlikely but i do see a possibility. So who knows where we will be in 2 weeks.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

As of right now the OHSAA says July 1st fall practice starts.
That all depends on the Governor and Our Health Director but the OHSAA has a plan in place.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Indiana (IHSAA) has announced they will begin fall sports July 1st.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Artis this is not the flu. Again I say football is only a dream with less of 5 % of playing. With the opening up of things a more virulent 2 or 3 wave will ensue and things will go back locked down. Hope not but Indiana I believe will see huge increase in the spike of the virus. My question is do people take the chances with there kids or say go ahead and play and have fun, don’t worry the President, the governors and local officials say its fine . wear masks , stay six feet apart. My question is all these people that want to open things up, will you go to crowed bars, restaurants inside, stadiums with hundreds of people, malls with people running around with no masks., good luck then and stay safe. But all these places are risking people’s life’s.. think about first responders putting there life’s on line because people won’t follow the guidelines.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:35 am Artis this is not the flu. Again I say football is only a dream with less of 5 % of playing. With the opening up of things a more virulent 2 or 3 wave will ensue and things will go back locked down. Hope not but Indiana I believe will see huge increase in the spike of the virus. My question is do people take the chances with there kids or say go ahead and play and have fun, don’t worry the President, the governors and local officials say its fine . wear masks , stay six feet apart. My question is all these people that want to open things up, will you go to crowed bars, restaurants inside, stadiums with hundreds of people, malls with people running around with no masks., good luck then and stay safe. But all these places are risking people’s life’s.. think about first responders putting there life’s on line because people won’t follow the guidelines.
It sounds like you think that this will eventually go away. It’s not. The best thing to do is get out there and live. Eventually we are going to all get it.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Setting aside the debate over COVID-19 as a contagion...

In the context of "will there be a season/what can be done to ensure there's a season": the problem is if hotspots start to arise in parts of Ohio during the summer, then the school buildings are likely to be closed again across all of Ohio. And... there is no guarantee that a season will be played to completion (see: basketball this past winter.) If hotspots of COVID-19 arise during, say, week 8, in the Greater Cincinnati area, then it is likely that all of Ohio's football season will get shut down for all the schools in Ohio. That is what we should probably expect. The courts may not be open in the fall, so I don't see a protracted legal battle on keeping the season alive if the Ohio Department of Health says "this should be shut down in the interest of public health."

Opinions on the ODH, Dr. Acton, Gov. DeWine etc aside... the reality is football in 2020 is in a tenuous situation.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

JMO ! There all rolling the dice!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think you guys are worried to much about second and third waves. You are right they are going to happen. But if several things that are in test right now work. We are going to be able to protect the most vulnerable populations pretty well. And if we can do that there will be much more leancey on allowing people to get sick.

We are about 10 days away from beginning to get results from these clinical tests that there over 50 different ones. And when the results starting coming we are going to be getting results every 2 or 3 days.

I think by the middle of June we are going to have enough treatments and things that we will be looking at this in a much different light.

I am of the belief that before Labor Day. We will have a vaccinator and enough stock pile of it. To vaccinate health care workers and the volume table population that the second and third waves will be much more like flu season.

And by January there will be a vaccine for everyone who wants one. That timeline may be really optimistic but I just got a hunch it will get done.

We have already proven that the people in South Korea and other people who were retesting positive after recovering were testing positive because they still had dead Coronavirus working its way out. But it was not a reinfection.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I do feel like July 1st is possible at this point.
We learn more and more about this virus daily and their are scientists worldwide working on it.
I'm not ready to put money on it but I am feeling very optimistic about.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Starting non-contact sports now looks promising for the fall. Will antibody tests be required?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:07 pm Starting non-contact sports now looks promising for the fall. Will antibody tests be required?
What will antibody tests do? If you set the requirement that kids have to have the antibodies, you won’t be fielding football teams.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Chief02 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:07 pm Starting non-contact sports now looks promising for the fall. Will antibody tests be required?
What will antibody tests do? If you set the requirement that kids have to have the antibodies, you won’t be fielding football teams.
I don't know. Thats why I am asking. How else can you tell who has had it, hasn't it or currently has it? It'll only take one breakout to shut it all down.

Return to “Football”