Ironton Tayden Carpenter QB #17 College Football Today

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Ironton Tayden Carpenter QB #17 College Football Today

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers Tayden Carpenter on being ranked #46 in the College Football Today’s Class of 2023 and the #17th ranked QB. He’s a lefty to, look forward to watching him and his Classmates the next 3 years.

Go Fighting Tigers......

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Ironton Tayden Carpenter QB #17 College Football Today

Post by ravensfan09 »

I saw this on Facebook and did some research into College Football Today. Its a site you have to pay between $200 and $600 to be ranked. That's expensive to get a ranking..hope it's not a racket. The person that runs Scout Trout uses the College Football Today site to issue his National Rankings.

If you can pay for it...that's great I guess.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I hope it’s not a racket too.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m sure it’s a little bit of both. Probably have to pay to get looked at and evaluated and then they rank you. I’m sure they study it out a little. Amateur sports outside of public schools is a business. Look at Berliner field in Columbus every summer. Probably less than 2% of those athletes become big time college players but they are called “showcases”
Rankings don’t truly mean anything. Look up hunter McClintock. If this Carpenter kid is good, it will show up later down the road.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

So let me get this right, D5 Ironton this fall has not only OSU commit Carrico but a highly rated RB/ATH named Carter I believe and now a highly regarded QB as well. Sounds like Burg and the other 9 opponents this year don't have much of a chance.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bumpy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:39 pm So let me get this right, D5 Ironton this fall has not only OSU commit Carrico but a highly rated RB/ATH named Carter I believe and now a highly regarded QB as well. Sounds like Burg and the other 9 opponents this year don't have much of a chance.
Carrico OSU commit RB/LB
Carter RB/S has an offer from Arkansas for RB and will be a Sophomore
Carpenter QB will be a Sophomore and is getting looks already.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Raven,I guess an offer to visit Penn State that Carter got means they don’t think he has any potential.The Carpenter kid is going to be special.If their families thought it could help them in the future ,good for them.These kids don’t need to pay money to get noticed.College football today or not.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:04 pm Raven,I guess an offer to visit Penn State that Carter got means they don’t think he has any potential.The Carpenter kid is going to be special.If their families thought it could help them in the future ,good for them.These kids don’t need to pay money to get noticed.College football today or not.
I have reserves holding these two young athletes on this high of a plane. Carrico didn’t really get blown up until between his sophomore and junior year. Like I said, both these guys might end up being pretty good but right now, it’s just a hype up, which is ok too. I’m not sure I heard of Austen pleasant until he just got drafted to the NFL, so time will tell the tale on this one.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Has Carpenter played varsity time yet?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Pleasant I believe is a free agent,which means he was not drafted.Carpenter was the backup Qb as a freshman,but if you have seen him throw the ball plus the athlete that he is,you can understand the hype.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Hey Bumpy,you are right.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 pm Pleasant I believe is a free agent,which means he was not drafted.Carpenter was the backup Qb as a freshman,but if you have seen him throw the ball plus the athlete that he is,you can understand the hype.
Drafted, free agent...still up there. I’m sure he’s a good athlete, all the local schools have one or two above the rest, but it’s awful early.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

These recruiting sites are vultures that take money in exchange for their services. Many have Combines and Games that would technically make the player ineligible in Ohio if they are not in the Summer and they don't care.

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

my dad saw several jv games last year. He was very impressed with the qb. He said he had a good accurate arm and was extremely athletic. Good things to come this season at I-town!

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

If this is the same kid that was QB in the JV game against burg he must have really improved as the season went on because he done nothing in that game.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Good teams can make a good qb look bad.omg,I gave the Burg a compliment.I knew I would go senile some day. :D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:39 am Good teams can make a good qb look bad.omg,I gave the Burg a compliment.I knew I would go senile some day. :D
He’s probably really good for his class. Playing jv as a freshman can be tougher. I’d say he will be a good player. I hope he’s as good as advertised but right now it’s hard to calibrate those things in a ranking system.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Go to YouTube and watch his highlights.

I’ve seen him play and the assessment made by College Football Today is pretty accurate in my opinion.

Time will tell about Recruitment, he has 3 years left of High School Football.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:39 am Go to YouTube and watch his highlights.

I’ve seen him play and the assessment made by College Football Today is pretty accurate in my opinion.
Highlights are the worst thing to assess on. I think development is the key here.

Two things to look at

1. As he moves up, will he be able to continue being above the competition.
2. When he’s playing a team that has him bottled up, can he find a way to win or at least compete.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:45 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:39 am Go to YouTube and watch his highlights.

Highlights are the worst thing to assess on. I think development is the key here.

Two things to look at

1. As he moves up, will he be able to continue being above the competition.
2. When he’s playing a team that has him bottled up, can he find a way to win or at least compete.
I agree,

Like I said, I’ve seen him play and the assessment was pretty accurate at this time in my opinion. Time will tell....

Return to “Football”