Livestreaming games

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Livestreaming games

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Not sure if this is the right forum but Anyone on here ever livestream games before? Idk why but it’s been something I’ve been interested in and was wondering if anyone in SEO did.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Livestreaming games

Post by Tartanblue »

I believe Valley did at one point

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Coal Grove does or did anyways.
I think Meigs does.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Audio or video?

LoganFootball.com did an audiostream for the 2015 season.

Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:57 am Not sure if this is the right forum but Anyone on here ever livestream games before? Idk why but it’s been something I’ve been interested in and was wondering if anyone in SEO did.
I have never done it, but I know how and was talking to some people to do it for Portsmouth games. I know all the equipment and software needed to stream at 1080p 60fps to platforms such as Youtube and/or Facebook. The only thing I haven't fully been able to figure out is the internet speed and bandwidth required to stream at such quality in some of the locations where games are played. I have no idea if the school would allow someone to connect to their internet as security issues can arise from such access.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Contact Josh Wheeler who does Coal Grove Live

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Tartanblue wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:14 pm I believe Valley did at one point
They still do every home game

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:57 am Not sure if this is the right forum but Anyone on here ever livestream games before? Idk why but it’s been something I’ve been interested in and was wondering if anyone in SEO did.

Rusty Shackleford lol. Classic.

Then ya have one of Rusty”s famous lines about what a “Ford” stands for it. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

loganlocos wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:40 pm Audio or video?

LoganFootball.com did an audiostream for the 2015 season.
any chance of a live stream this year LL?

AT THE RESERVATION
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Assuming high school football resumes this fall with zero or a very limited crowd allowed, the trick may not be only technical but rather how to monetize the streaming. Districts may be desperate for cash to fund their football programs.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm any chance of a live stream this year LL?
You'll have to tune into the radio station's feed.

I loved doing it - and I had a great partner. But honestly living in Dublin and having two kids makes committing to doing 10 or more games impossible for me.

Never say never - I still have all the equipment - but I don't know how soon it'll happen on my end, haha

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Omega wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 pm Assuming high school football resumes this fall with zero or a very limited crowd allowed, the trick may not be only technical but rather how to monetize the streaming. Districts may be desperate for cash to fund their football programs.
This is very insightful. I've been thinking the same.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Omega wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 pm Assuming high school football resumes this fall with zero or a very limited crowd allowed, the trick may not be only technical but rather how to monetize the streaming. Districts may be desperate for cash to fund their football programs.

https://athletesgolive.com/

Have not used it so don't know how well it works

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

loganlocos wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:35 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm any chance of a live stream this year LL?
You'll have to tune into the radio station's feed.

I loved doing it - and I had a great partner. But honestly living in Dublin and having two kids makes committing to doing 10 or more games impossible for me.

Never say never - I still have all the equipment - but I don't know how soon it'll happen on my end, haha
sounds good LL. thanks

AT THE RESERVATION
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I’m a little suprised we haven’t heard more talk of this since you first posted

Maybe it’s still a little early depending on what is is going to the be the final ruling on football/games/attendance /etc.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Myself and one other through River Valley Football Broadcasting do audio live streaming. We use Mixlr. It does have the capability of video as well.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!

Return to “Football”