Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by Paladin »

I realize some folks here lack sophistication, so here it is, s l o w l y-

Yes, people die from this, lots of people, young and old, underlying health conditions,etc
Your % is too low and it’s raw numbers. Dead is dead.
You miss the thousands who survive but have scarred and inflamed lungs for life with serious health problems
You also miss the months of hospitalizations for the survivors, deathly ill and suffering
You also miss what they don’t know yet- that young asymptomatic with no symptoms end up with scarred lungs on x-rays that may cause them serious harm later in their life

And here is the killer - if you are a school where someone - student, teacher, coach, support staff gets infected there, they are LIABLE in a lawsuit for damages. A death or lung scarring, or being deathly ill could be in the millions in dollars for damages multiplied times the number of people who sue. Translation - schools can not afford this, will be restricted by their insurance companies, would be Broke in legal fees and create bad relations in the community if it happens. That is why there won’t be football. No one wants to tell you. I just did.

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Add Centerville who shutdown workouts.

St. Clairsville
Bellaire
Shadyside
Union Local with restrictive quarantines.

The list will get much longer.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg practice again tomorrow. 75 strong!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 pm Add Centerville who shutdown workouts.

St. Clairsville
Bellaire
Shadyside

As of today, have all these schools shutdown voluntary workouts ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 pm Add Centerville who shutdown workouts.

St. Clairsville
Bellaire
Shadyside

When this list does get longer. Do you feel the governor or OHSAA will step back in and declare a statewide stoppage or ya feel it’s still gonna go to the school board to make that call
?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

For the umpteenth time, OHSAA has no control. They run a tournament. Week by week the schools do their thing. It’s up to Governor. He will follow health guidelines but if pressure becomes too much, and we have a handful of idiots who will raise he11, he may pass decision on to boards, leave it up to INDIVIDUAL schools boards to make decisions on school by school basis.

That kicks in the liability question. And when the school board attorney sits down behind closed doors With the board and explains the risk, the liability and the costs .................

Tiddly winks anyone ?

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

On a side note. I saw where Capital High School in Charleston West Virginia is having a outdoor graduation . The school district told the students if they or anyone in family has been to the beachs anywhere , they would have to stay a home for 14 days and not allowed to attend the graduation and all people would have to wear a mask. Bravo to that school system, they are setting guidelines that should be followed by all . My main contention is look at all these familys going to beachs and sporting activities and then mingling with the population without being told to 14 day stay at home. So now the school boards has a decision such as Capital High School in West Virginia, do you 14 day stay at home orders if schools open for the ones that have had a care free summer and told to wear masks or is it normal operations and loose guidelines Numbers are quite alarming and Dr Fauci says next two weeks crucial.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:49 pm I realize some folks here lack sophistication, so here it is, s l o w l y-

Yes, people die from this, lots of people, young and old, underlying health conditions,etc
You miss the thousands who survive but have scarred and inflamed lungs for life with serious health problems
You also miss the months of hospitalizations for the survivors, deathly ill and suffering
You also miss what they don’t know yet- that young asymptomatic with no symptoms end up with scarred lungs on x-rays that may cause them serious harm later in their life

And here is the killer - if you are a school where someone - student, teacher, coach, support staff gets infected there, they are LIABLE in a lawsuit for damages. A death or lung scarring, or being deathly ill could be in the millions in dollars for damages multiplied times the number of people who sue. Translation - schools can not afford this, will be restricted by their insurance companies, would be Broke in legal fees and create bad relations in the community if it happens. That is why there won’t be football. No one wants to tell you. I just did.
A simple waiver prevents a lawsuit. Also, you would never win that argument in court because there is no way to prove where the virus was contracted. I find it funny that Covid is only spread at schools, beaches, churches and political rallies.

We are so lucky to have geniuses like PrimeTime and Paladin on here to guide us during this difficult time. Typical to resort to name calling and attempting to belittle others when one does not agree. I used to enjoy reading about our area kids and sports but these guys have made it unbearable. Shouldn't trolling get you kicked off of here?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

longball wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:46 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:49 pm I realize some folks here lack sophistication, so here it is, s l o w l y-

A simple waiver prevents a lawsuit. Also, you would never win that argument in court because there is no way to prove where the virus was contracted. I find it funny that Covid is only spread at schools, beaches, churches and political rallies.

We are so lucky to have geniuses like PrimeTime and Paladin on here to guide us during this difficult time. Typical to resort to name calling and attempting to belittle others when one does not agree. I used to enjoy reading about our area kids and sports but these guys have made it unbearable. Shouldn't trolling get you kicked off of here?
Longball. You gotta be joking, or sarcastic in your wording/sentence. Covid is only spread at schools, beaches, churches and political rallies???? What??? Totally false. It can be spread anywhere people are, or have been. Droplets in the air, contact with surfaces, etc.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 am

Longball. You gotta be joking, or sarcastic in your wording/sentence. Covid is only spread at schools, beaches, churches and political rallies???? What??? Totally false. It can be spread anywhere people are, or have been. Droplets in the air, contact with surfaces, etc.
Obviously, I was being sarcastic. But thank you for the science lesson :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

longball wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:10 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 am

Obviously, I was being sarcastic. But thank you for the science lesson :roll:
You wouldn't have gotten one, but the sarcastic posting is not needed. Word it a little better next time. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Put any three digit number and the word cases after it in your google search bar,and see amazingly how many towns have that exact cases

257 cases
999 cases
423 cases

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Waivers ? Lol. The attorneys are laughing at you.

Bowdoin College in Maine just announced the cancellation of all fall and winter sports. Expect to see a tsunami of colleges that cancel Fall sports. They can’t afford the lawsuits that would result , waiver or no waiver. lol

This is not about injury waivers. This is a public health emergency, life or death, great physical harm. You can’t waiver a declared public health disaster. lol. ROTFLMAO.

Have gun, will travel
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

so how can you PROVE where you contracted Covid??? The whole world is laughing at you Paladin

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Stay away from the public libraries. They are starting to open up.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:22 pm For the umpteenth time, OHSAA has no control. They run a tournament. Week by week the schools do their thing. It’s up to Governor. He will follow health guidelines but if pressure becomes too much, and we have a handful of idiots who will raise he11, he may pass decision on to boards, leave it up to INDIVIDUAL schools boards to make decisions on school by school basis.

That kicks in the liability question. And when the school board attorney sits down behind closed doors With the board and explains the risk, the liability and the costs .................

Tiddly winks anyone ?

Correct , I understand all your posts and insights. When I referenced to OHSAA, I was simply asking maybe the OHSAA would cancel all fall tournaments, the governor cancel etc. My apologies if the short words made you misunderstand where and what I was trying to get at. The school districts that have canceled are starting to prove you are right in the sense there will more than likely no football this fall.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

nobodies pockets are that deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Blitz, surely you aren’t that stupid. On the other hand, maybe you are.

Ever hear of contact tracing ? That’s what they do now to trace where people are and who they come in contact with. A school is a sitting duck. If a student, teacher, coach, support staff tests positive for the virus, by virtue of being in the school , they expose others to the virus. A good attorney won’t have a problem making it stick and will have scientific evidence to back him up. Contact tracing will identify everyone infected and where they got it. :roll:

8-)

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Add Martins Ferry to those who have shutdown workouts.

Have gun, will travel
toast
All State

Post by toast »

When a person infected with COVID-19 and a person who is not infected both wear mask the transmission rate is extremely low. Wearing mask is the number one tool we have in slowing or stopping the spread of the virus, along with social distancing. But apparently some people don't believe in science or the majority of research that has recently been done. Or the results of the research and science don't align with their agenda.

Cases spiking all over the place. It's no wonder we're in this situation. I along with many others were hopeful there would be a season. Who knows at this point.

Return to “Football”