Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by Paladin »

Did you ever wonder why people don’t handle the truth well ? Facts are posted, by others, not just me, and people reject reality. This will all become very clear soon.

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Paladin, I have said the same thing you are saying from day 1. Have been lambasted at each turn. But reality is here and it’s not looking good one bit. You are right reality is coming at us head on and it’s nots not pretty picture. Vacationers coming back from beach’s, summer teams acting like all is clear, but will only cause more complicated problems as we go along. Wear masks, social distance take temps, it’s a pretty easy concept to follow but no one following guidelines. So now it’s come to this rising numbers going up fast, if these pro, college players testing positive, don’t think it just affects just this age groups, anyone can come down with it. If conditioning is shut down how will the OHSSA determine if kids has had sufficient conditioning to even get on field in first place , how many weeks will be needed to even think everyone is safe on that end. When do you think the OHSSA wil even put out a plan if and when a football season might occur and under what restrictions, the clock is ticking.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

OHSAA won’t put out a plan. They don’t control this.Governor controls all and if he approves, will be up to each school board.

In the case of Bellaire, nightly news today said senior trip to Myrtle Beach brought the virus back and those students mingled with players. Bingo.

States with the R governors that opened early are being overwhelmed by the virus. Only matter of time till things will get shut down again. S.C. Is in trouble and Texas and Florida are in huge trouble. The age is also slipping. Where it used to be average age 50 and up hospitalized, it’s now average age of 37.

My son (Sr. V P and Treasurer of areas largest bank) said local doctors are questioning what we know. The serious who recover have permanent lung damage, scarred and inflamed. But even asymtomatic with no symptoms show lung scarring. What happens a few years down the road ? Do they have permanent lung problems? We don’t know till we get there. And then the death count keeps going up. And up. And up.

We have total fools on the loose with a devil may care attitude.
Last edited by Paladin on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Could spread like a wildfire in a cane field with high winds is what I'm afraid of. All this premature opening back up of things could really set it off, and really bring things to a halt for longer time. JMO. Good for the kids, but I hope it's really safe measure practices.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 pm Paladin, I have said the same thing you are saying from day 1. Have been lambasted at each turn. But reality is here and it’s not looking good one bit. You are right reality is coming at us head on and it’s nots not pretty picture. Vacationers coming back from beach’s, summer teams acting like all is clear, but will only cause more complicated problems as we go along. Wear masks, social distance take temps, it’s a pretty easy concept to follow but no one following guidelines. So now it’s come to this rising numbers going up fast, if these pro, college players testing positive, don’t think it just affects just this age groups, anyone can come down with it. If conditioning is shut down how will the OHSSA determine if kids has had sufficient conditioning to even get on field in first place , how many weeks will be needed to even think everyone is safe on that end. When do you think the OHSSA wil even put out a plan if and when a football season might occur and under what restrictions, the clock is ticking.
It’s the tone of you and paladins response. It’s actually eerie to read, as if you want these things to happen to prove you are right. I find it nauseating to read and will not respond to either one of you again on this issue. If you were guys are concerned by the spread of this through sports, than you should bunker in at home and not come out because people are on top of people out here. Ohio high school sports should be the least of your worries. If there no high school sports, there’s no in person school. Bank on it.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

You said it all in your post ( because people are on top of people out here) that’s why the numbers are rising daily all over the US. Ohio numbers are jumping daily now. You might be right no one in school is very reasonable to think about as numbers rise.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

SPORTS ? First, this is a health and safety problem. Get with the program. Life or death is at stake. Everyone’s health.

Now, sports ?

NBA gets an infected player and shuts the season down.

MLB gets players with virus and shuts Spring Training down in Arizona and Florida. Season probably doesn’t get played.

Colleges start FB practice and is forced to quarantine infected players. Season will probably not be played by many or most.

WTA tennis matches are cancelled.

Hockey ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And suddenly some folks with a few loose screws think H.S. Football is going to happen ?

People wonder why the world is screwed up when you can’t even face realities as facts are slapping you in the face.
Last edited by Paladin on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Well put, my same thoughts also. Honestly Paladin your one of the very few that makes sense and a level headed thought process on here. I feel nauseated by reading the responses to our health concerns for the entire public , which includes every single person in Ohio and also entire United States. Because sports is number one in there minds and everything else is secondary, no matter the situation in the world. let’s stop this enemy in its tracks by wearing a face mask, social distancing that’s very easy to understand.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It’s disturbing when you look at the misplaced priorities. The shallowness. The lack of concern for people and their lives and health. The relentless pursuit and the blinders on. And then after knowing all that, argue its for the kids. Really ? Showing the kids that they can grow up and make the same decisions and it’s o.k. to be callous with peoples lives and health all for the sake of playing a game.

People wonder why the world is screwed up. We have adult leaders right now making stupid decisions that are costing people their lives and health. Breath taking. :roll:

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg kids have been working hard. Numbers are great. Looking forward to phase 3 soon.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:45 pm Burg kids have been working hard. Numbers are great. Looking forward to phase 3 soon.
Same at Northwest wobycat.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:39 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 pm Paladin, I have said the same thing you are saying from day 1. Have been lambasted at each turn. But reality is here and it’s not looking good one bit. You are right reality is coming at us head on and it’s nots not pretty picture. Vacationers coming back from beach’s, summer teams acting like all is clear, but will only cause more complicated problems as we go along. Wear masks, social distance take temps, it’s a pretty easy concept to follow but no one following guidelines. So now it’s come to this rising numbers going up fast, if these pro, college players testing positive, don’t think it just affects just this age groups, anyone can come down with it. If conditioning is shut down how will the OHSSA determine if kids has had sufficient conditioning to even get on field in first place , how many weeks will be needed to even think everyone is safe on that end. When do you think the OHSSA wil even put out a plan if and when a football season might occur and under what restrictions, the clock is ticking.
It’s the tone of you and paladins response. It’s actually eerie to read, as if you want these things to happen to prove you are right. I find it nauseating to read and will not respond to either one of you again on this issue. If you were guys are concerned by the spread of this through sports, than you should bunker in at home and not come out because people are on top of people out here. Ohio high school sports should be the least of your worries. If there no high school sports, there’s no in person school. Bank on it.
You are exactly right..it is disturbing to read posts that are actually rooting for a virus to harm people..why are these idiots still allowed to post on here???..they are too stupid to realize they are testing more now...and the numbers are a joke..the nursing home my wife is at has had 2 people test positive..she had them both get retested 2 more times each and it was negative on those tests but it still was counted as a positive test for our county😂...football will be here soon👍

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:17 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:45 pm Burg kids have been working hard. Numbers are great. Looking forward to phase 3 soon.
Same at Northwest wobycat.
Nice to hear.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Didn't phase 2 just start yesterday? I don't think we'll move into phase 3 for a few weeks...Maybe longer.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Union local

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

So Bellaire, Shadyside and now St. Clairsville have shutdown workouts and Union Local sets a stiff quarantine policy. Only the tip of the iceberg. All are reacting to the final last straw - liability. There will be a tsunami across the state.

Might find a one on one game of tiddly winks !

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

It will be a domino effect Paladin.once these cases start piling up there will be strict shutdowns. But with summer here it’s all ball fields packed and beach’s full. In hindsite two months From now will we see the tsunami being started in these locations in June. Paladin if you wear a face mask and sit 6 ft from me, I’ll challenge you to a game.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

This is not the most popular message on here, but I'll keep saying it, OK you tested positive for Covid. Why is this such a Stigma? 99% of population Recover. 1 % have not, and yes that is a tragedy! Numbers are going up because we are testing , testing, and testing. Of course they go up! However, death rates and hospitalizations continue to go down!!! (FACTS). People keep on throwing this "positive" stigma on people as if it is as bad as testing positive for HIV. I don't care if sports comes back or not! I am going to live my life, what life I have left, and if I become sick I will treat the sickness for what it is! People need to RELAX! And I know this will not be a popular post for a lot of you, but it is my thoughts. Sorry if it offends!

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:44 pm This is not the most popular message on here, but I'll keep saying it, OK you tested positive for Covid. Why is this such a Stigma? 99% of population Recover. 1 % have not, and yes that is a tragedy! Numbers are going up because we are testing , testing, and testing. Of course they go up! However, death rates and hospitalizations continue to go down!!! (FACTS). People keep on throwing this "positive" stigma on people as if it is as bad as testing positive for HIV. I don't care if sports comes back or not! I am going to live my life, what life I have left, and if I become sick I will treat the sickness for what it is! People need to RELAX! And I know this will not be a popular post for a lot of you, but it is my thoughts. Sorry if it offends!
Jesus H. Don't apologize for possibly offending someone.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Interesting stuff......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”