Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by Thatdad »

Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction. It feels like we’re having football in the fall!

Prime Time
All State

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by Prime Time »

Good luck to the kids, say safe, and hope everyone becomes a better player after all of this. one day at a time. God Bless!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Love football, but the Covid-19 bothers me.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Thatdad wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:22 pm Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction. It feels like we’re having football in the fall!
Hopefully phase 2 goes well so they can put the pads on in August.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:57 pm Love football, but the Covid-19 bothers me.
You're exactly right and I think over the next month we'll know a lot more once teams really get into the practices without the distancing. I think it's just an ever changing thing really, what is good to go for this week might totally change the next. Even if practices go great and the season starts we could simply be looking at week to week games this year, going to be extremely difficult to plan things out. Just have to hope for the best

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:08 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:57 pm Love football, but the Covid-19 bothers me.
You're exactly right and I think over the next month we'll know a lot more once teams really get into the practices without the distancing. I think it's just an ever changing thing really, what is good to go for this week might totally change the next. Even if practices go great and the season starts we could simply be looking at week to week games this year, going to be extremely difficult to plan things out. Just have to hope for the best
Agreed

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:08 pm
Well said. Probably one of the smartest things that has been said about this situation.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I thought football practice did not start until August 1.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

The state waived the 10 day rule for the Summer. So, as long as its just your team you can practice as much as you want.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:30 pm I thought football practice did not start until August 1.
You can practice as much as you'd like. You can where helmets as much as you want. You just can't be in pads until August.
We don't know if 7 on 7's will be allowed this year or if so, when at this point.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hopefully this goes well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I’m hearing numbers are down at a lot of schools. Fear of virus ? Parent pressure ? Fear the season gets cancelled or suspended after a game or two ?

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:58 am I’m hearing numbers are down at a lot of schools. Fear of virus ? Parent pressure ? Fear the season gets cancelled or suspended after a game or two ?
Not around here. Numbers are good.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Numbers are dropping up here.

Have gun, will travel
hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Big numbers here. I think kids are excited about having a season.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Centerville just shut down football workouts for awhile. One kid tested positive.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

That confirms what I’m hearing. Besides some folks with numbers down, they are also shutting down programs were the virus hits. There will be no football this year. Besides the liability question ,which most Boards fear, teams will be quarantined often each time someone tests positive forcing game cancellations sporadically . This issue is state wide.

Have also heard that schools who paid coaches for the cancelled Spring sports have worked out clauses that cancel coach contracts without pay if virus shuts them down.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:18 pm That confirms what I’m hearing. Besides some folks with numbers down, they are also shutting down programs were the virus hits. There will be no football this year. Besides the liability question ,which most Boards fear, teams will be quarantined often each time someone tests positive forcing game cancellations sporadically . This issue is state wide.

Have also heard that schools who paid coaches for the cancelled Spring sports have worked out clauses that cancel coach contracts without pay if virus shuts them down.
Why are you on this forum? Seriously.

Return to “Football”