Ironton's Trevor Carter Mentioned In Eleven Warriors Recruiting Article

Omega
SEOPS H

Ironton's Trevor Carter Mentioned In Eleven Warriors Recruiting Article

Post by Omega »

Pretty neat for a rising sophomore. Has Mr. Carter yet to take a varsity snap as a starter? Any D1 exposure is great for all SEOP footballers.

From Eleven Warriors

CARTER GROWING PHYSICALLY, LEARNING FROM CARRICO
On Friday night, we introduced you to Mentor (Ohio) High School defensive end star Brenan Vernon, a rising sophomore for one of the state’s top programs who is a strong candidate to wind up as the Buckeye State’s No. 1-ranked prospect in the 2023 class.

Tonight, you could consider this Part 2 in our introduction of rising sophomores who could wind up as Ohio’s best in their class, as Ironton High School’s Trevor Carter is another name you are likely to be hearing often over the next couple of years.

Carter, a 6-foot-1, 190-pounder listed as an athlete in his recruiting profile, is a teammate of Ohio State 2021 linebacker commit Reid Carrico. Though he has just five offers to his name thus far (Akron, Arkansas, Pittsburgh, Toledo, West Virginia), Carter has been gaining interest all over the Midwest from coaches who see a lot of potential in him.

“As of right now I think I have a lot of growing left to do, but I think I will either end up playing safety or outside linebacker at the next level,” Carter told Eleven Warriors. “I think college coaches like my size, speed and strength for my age. I also think that they see a lot of potential in what I will become in the next couple of years in high school.”

Carter is beginning to acquaint himself with a recruiting process that will start to heat up as he continues to improve on the field and make gains physically.

“Things have been going pretty well for me I think I can say,” Carter said. “Coaches aren’t really allowed to contact me in any way, but I have talked to a couple coaches on the phone. The five schools I have offers from include WVU, Toledo, Akron, Pitt, and Arkansas have shown the most interest in me so far, but I have been in contact from coaches at Notre Dame, Penn State and Virginia Tech as well.”

Though Carter says his communication with Ohio State coaches has been fairly sparse thus far, he has begun to build a relationship with the same coach who recruited Carrico and whom Carrico speaks very highly of.

“Coach Al Washington was down at my high school and gave me his business card, and I have also had conversations with (Ohio State assistant) Ed Terwilliger,” Carter said. “I also have received a couple letters from Ohio State as well.

“Reid hasn’t talked to me much about Coach Washington, but I know he thinks very highly of him. I’d like to talk to him more about that kind of stuff soon and I’m sure I will.”

And speaking of Carrico, the future Mike linebacker in Columbus was at the head of Ironton’s 13-2 season in 2019, which included a run to the Division IV state championship game in which the Tigers fell, 17-7, to Kirtland.

Though Carrico and Carter did not playing that much together – only in four or five games, says Carter – the younger Tiger has still able to glean a lot of advice from Carrico, both in football and in the recruiting process itself.

“I can tell you that I’ve learned a lot from him. He’s the hardest working guy on the team, and he plays every play 110 miles per hour,” Carter said. “He never lets up and doesn’t stop until we’re up by 40. He’s a great kid overall and an amazing role model for kids like me or younger. He’s taught me to work hard and give great effort in everything that I do, and I think that has helped me to get to where I am right now.

“He’s also told me that it’s easy to let all of this go to your head and you just have to stay humble about it. He said that people are going to hate once offers and fame starts to roll in, but you just have to ignore them and, if they are hating, to prove them wrong.”

Both Carter and Carrico should play an integral part in how Ironton does in a 2020 season in which the program will be looking to get back to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton.

“We lost a good amount of solid players last year, but I definitely think we can make it back to that state game this year and hopefully take it all this time,” Carter said. “It’s definitely the drive behind everything we’re doing as a team. I felt so bad for the seniors that had to end their last season like that, and I don’t want to see another senior class go out like that. I’m planning on winning a couple in these next couple of years.”

When asked to state his goals for himself this season, Carter said that he just wants “to help my team succeed in any way possible. Anything I can do to help our team bring home a ring I’m gonna do it.”

Carter could have a major role in that team success, however, so improvement in his own game will make an impact. And despite gyms being shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Carter says he has been growing physically during the offseason.

He says his bench press has gone up from 195 pounds to 255, squad from about 295 pounds to 355, his power clean from about 185 pounds to 270, and his 40-yard dash time is now between 4.6-4.7 seconds with a 100-meter sprint time of about 11.7 seconds.

“I’ve been stretching a lot because I’m not very flexible but it’s getting much better. I’ve also just been working on my strength and trying to gain weight a lot,” Carter said. “I think I’ve gotten a lot faster as well as putting on about 10-15 pounds since last season. My clean squat and bench have all also gone up a lot.”

Be on the lookout for Carter this fall as he continues to grow, and even though it probably would not happen for a while, he is a candidate to earn an Ohio State offer at some point in the future if he doesn’t get complacent and continues to show physical and mental growth. (videos at link)

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... ohio-state

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton's Trevor Carter Mentioned In Eleven Warriors Recruiting Article

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Nice article, keep working hard young man and good things will come.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Carter started 4 games at safety last year and saw significant time in others until he was nagged with a groin injury. According to seohiopreps.com he rushed 23 times for 232 yards and 4 tds last year as a freshman. I hear he has gotten much bigger and stronger in the weight room this year as well. He will certainly be an asset on both sides of the ball. The kid really speaks highly of Carrico as a teammate/mentor and that shows character as well.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I believe Trevor is going to be the real deal. He's already impressed me in the games that he's appeared in. If he continues to work like he has and stays healthy, it won't be long till many opponents are jealous we have him! He's a good kid too

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

I seen where the Tigers have another kid coming up that is suppose to be pretty good. Trevor Carter and even comparing him to Reid Carrico on Eleven Warriors. That’s some pretty big shoes to fill sure hope the kid has it in him. This is first time I have been hearing of him so good for him! Any relation to Zack or Mark Carter from years ago? I thought Ironton had some studs on the offense and defensive line? You don’t hear much about the big boys up front?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TigerMania wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 pm I seen where the Tigers have another kid coming up that is suppose to be pretty good. Trevor Carter and even comparing him to Reid Carrico on Eleven Warriors. That’s some pretty big shoes to fill sure hope the kid has it in him. This is first time I have been hearing of him so good for him! Any relation to Zack or Mark Carter from years ago? I thought Ironton had some studs on the offense and defensive line? You don’t hear much about the big boys up front?
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... p-in-state#

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:16 pm
TigerMania wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 pm I seen where the Tigers have another kid coming up that is suppose to be pretty good. Trevor Carter and even comparing him to Reid Carrico on Eleven Warriors. That’s some pretty big shoes to fill sure hope the kid has it in him. This is first time I have been hearing of him so good for him! Any relation to Zack or Mark Carter from years ago? I thought Ironton had some studs on the offense and defensive line? You don’t hear much about the big boys up front?
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... p-in-state#
.hurry up and censor and lock this thread.

#privacy

Return to “Football”