Ironton - 2 JV Teams Schedule

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton - 2 JV Teams Schedule

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 am I don't get it. and yes that is extremely aggressive ooc. I have no idea if this is true. just going by what this says. it has to be true right, it's on here, lol
Come on Bait, it was posted on Facebook by one of the Coaches, surely you’ve seen it by now lol.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 am The one thing that Ironton better be careful of is quarter limits.

It is pretty obvious that Ironton is making some enemies. I could see someone with a bone to pick going after this. Just a thought.
Making enemies? How are they making enemies, by trying to improve the schedule and Team by playing up? I don’t understand why anyone would have a bone to pick, I must be missing something lol.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:55 pm The reason why schools (who have the numbers to do so) choose to field a second reserve team is so the bottom 15% of their program's participation (be it youth, size, age, ability or "commitment") has a squad they can play on while also at the same time making it clear these kids will not be finding their way onto the field on Friday nights. Plain and simple. There is strength in numbers. 99.5% of schools are not going to turn away an able-bodied kid that shows he's with the program. Keep them engaged and let them have fun as they mature and develop into varsity material over the next year or two. The "first" reserve team will have kids that likely will dress on Fridays and may get put in toward the end of a blowout or play kickoff team, with reserve football being a complement to their development.

Other thing to remember is the head coach(ing staff) will have more opportunities to see more of their kids on the field too with a second team.

"Freshman" squads have become gradually obsolete over the past ten years now thanks to declining numbers. I think they were largely a meaningless designation to begin with.
Having experienced depth at the D5 level of Ohio high school football is a luxury, and the only way to gain depth is by giving players game experience. Kudos to Coach Pendleton and staff.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:50 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 am The one thing that Ironton better be careful of is quarter limits.

It is pretty obvious that Ironton is making some enemies. I could see someone with a bone to pick going after this. Just a thought.
Making enemies? How are they making enemies, by trying to improve the schedule and Team by playing up? I don’t understand why anyone would have a bone to pick, I must be missing something lol.
Not sure if you are trolling or just have your head in the sand.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Yeah, which is why I think they probably made the point of the second reserve team. It would be imperative for them to make sure none of the names that appear on the second reserve team are dressing or possibly finding their way onto the field on Friday.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This is a moot point if there’s no freshman team. Is there a freshman team?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:03 pm This is a moot point if there’s no freshman team. Is there a freshman team?
I'm going to say NO, the person who started the thread has been asked numerous times and has failed to say whether or not they have a freshman team. So because of that I'm guessing they don't have a freshman team they're just not putting it out there because of the 2 JV discussion. I think it's great they have it setup that way but with no freshman team it's a much easier thing to do.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:03 pm This is a moot point if there’s no freshman team. Is there a freshman team?
I'm going to say NO, the person who started the thread has been asked numerous times and has failed to say whether or not they have a freshman team. So because of that I'm guessing they don't have a freshman team they're just not putting it out there because of the 2 JV discussion. I think it's great they have it setup that way but with no freshman team it's a much easier thing to do.
I seen this posted on Facebook by a Coach and thought I’d share it on here, guess that was a mistake. I won’t post anything I hear or see posted by a Coach on the Team again. I have no idea if there’s going to be a Freshman Team or not. I’m sure Coach has things figured out for HIS program.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:40 pm
I seen this posted on Facebook by a Coach and thought I’d share it on here, guess that was a mistake. I won’t post anything I hear or see posted by a Coach on the Team again. I have no idea if there’s going to be a Freshman Team or not. I’m sure Coach has things figured out for HIS program.
Sounds good

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:40 pm
Relax. It’s a valid question. It makes way more sense to do that if not. It may be something that everyone will have to do.

Return to “Football”