Acceptable Sacrifices To See The 2020 Season Take Place?

Prime Time
All State

Re: Acceptable Sacrifices To See The 2020 Season Take Place?

Post by Prime Time »

Beer, how will it be fair if one team has a 14 day quarantine and only plays 8 games and 1 team gets lucky and plays a 10 game schedule. In my eyes this is not fair to the team or teams that are affected by this virus on making playoffs. Also say a team makes playoffs and week 11 a team member comes down with the virus and that team is on a 14 day quarantine . Will team 9 in points be added to playoffs and the infected team dropped, it will,be very dicey road ahead.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:37 am 1. Quarantine all players and personnel for 14 days that have been to beach’s,played all summer in leagues, wore no masks, not even tried to social distance all summer these people would need to be sidelined for 14 days. This should be a mandatory requirement for school districts to even let all these students in school buildings to make sure 100 percent no one is infected 2. Only 2-3 people from immediate family in games.a 3. Face masks or you leave 4 have a person make sure 6 ft apart once inside. 5 games should be live streamed 6 no concession stands open bring your own water and snacks 6 no public restrooms, spread very quickly in environment 7 no standing in lines at gates to get in stadium.8 no selling of programs, candy, or food by students a quick spread 9 visitors stay on buses until time to get inside stadium 10 fans from visitors should stay home( they could be coming from a hot spot)11 everyone have temp checked outside gates before entering. All of these would make me somewhat at ease knowing all here protcols were enforced No spring ball period, if this fall it doesnt work, then that season is a wash , move forward, lost season just like last spring. Everyone say 80 percent of people right now acting like nothing is wrong it’s all a conspiracy how do you even think a season could go forward with mind sets of the general public now , let alone come August and the numbers sky rocketing at moment.

Definitely no visitor fans at all kids get 3 passes to give family I totally agree with all of your ideals

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the attitudes of everyone on here. It's obvious that you take this seriously and that's great to see!

As far me, I have to admit, I never cared a thing about football or watching it till 1980 when I was 26 years old. I started going to watch Ironton play and it's been such a huge part of my life ever since. Not touting the Tigers but their playoff season has been pretty solid. I'm only saying that to say this, it's been a big part of 1 out of every 4 or 5 of all the weekends since then. Ten to Fifteen of my weekends a year started out going to follow them.

What a profound sense of loss and life changing event we will all feel if the season doesn't happen. Let's pray it does!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

And to think all this created in an attempt to keep Trump from being re-elected.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Your Tigers is the top team in Southern Ohio again Kentucky, if a season occurs I see no one close to them in all Southern Ohio and maybe the state. They are the premier team for years and when you say the Ironton Tigers people up this way think of one of top teams in the State with a great young Coach. Coach Lutz still is recognized as one of the all time greats along with your Tigers from Ironton. I remember seeing a game that Ironton played against another powerhouse in the Portsmouth Trojans years ago and always remember the fans from both sides being totally in the game. Ironton and Portsmouth is the barometer of good old football in Southern Ohio. But this season is in limbo by the day.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm Beer, how will it be fair if one team has a 14 day quarantine and only plays 8 games and 1 team gets lucky and plays a 10 game schedule. In my eyes this is not fair to the team or teams that are affected by this virus on making playoffs. Also say a team makes playoffs and week 11 a team member comes down with the virus and that team is on a 14 day quarantine . Will team 9 in points be added to playoffs and the infected team dropped, it will,be very dicey road ahead.
I wish I knew a answer. Like you said it will be dicey if these situations come up.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

There's lots of things that can be done to minimize risk in the stands, from distancing to no fans. But there's nothing you can do to social distance once the game starts on the field. And we know that if one player is positive on the field there will be more. Whoever makes this decision has to decide if the virus is really a threat or not. If it is, there's no way to have a season. If they decide it's not, we play.

Honestly, it's not feasible to test every athlete every week on the high school level. I just have a feeling that there's too many variables out there and school administrators aren't going to go forward once some players, coaches, etc. get sick.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

MttaFan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:06 pm There's lots of things that can be done to minimize risk in the stands, from distancing to no fans. But there's nothing you can do to social distance once the game starts on the field. And we know that if one player is positive on the field there will be more. Whoever makes this decision has to decide if the virus is really a threat or not. If it is, there's no way to have a season. If they decide it's not, we play.

Honestly, it's not feasible to test every athlete every week on the high school level. I just have a feeling that there's too many variables out there and school administrators aren't going to go forward once some players, coaches, etc. get sick.

They really need to figure out the long term problems the virus causes. I have heard some will have long term lung problems. If this is true then they can’t risk it. I think at this point we realize the death rate is really low and basically zero in young healthy people.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

For what it's worth, I have a 38 year old cousin (second cousin) who was one of the very first to contract Covid in Boyd County. They listed it in the front page with her age (obviously not her name). After being the sickest she'd ever been in her life she recovered... orso she thought. Now months later, recently, she's had two ER visits, her potassium levels are at critically dangerous levels. Her heart rate and BP both drop to critically dangerous levels. She is absolutely worn out by 3 in the afternoon. Things that she was able to do like mowing her own lawn are beyond her ability now, she just doesn't have the energy. She's now about to begin a battery of test and is scared this is her life from now on. Other people hardly even know they had it even.

Some say it's just like a cold or the flu, it's not, it's an entirely new disease that's very mysterious still. Some act like it's the second coming of the Black Plague, others seemingly think it's as phony as a Elvis sighting or green men stored in freezers at Rosewell. The truth usually lays somewhere in the middle.

Doubtless, the upcoming election and politics are keeping us from knowing more than we do, that's from both sides of the aisle, they're both guilty.

They're saying that they're going to have fall sports. I sure hope it works out. I sure wouldn't want to be the one trying to deal with all the problems that 'could' arise .

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:09 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:37 am 1. Quarantine all players and personnel for 14 days that have been to beach’s,played all summer in leagues, wore no masks, not even tried to social distance all summer these people would need to be sidelined for 14 days. This should be a mandatory requirement for school districts to even let all these students in school buildings to make sure 100 percent no one is infected 2. Only 2-3 people from immediate family in games.a 3. Face masks or you leave 4 have a person make sure 6 ft apart once inside. 5 games should be live streamed 6 no concession stands open bring your own water and snacks 6 no public restrooms, spread very quickly in environment 7 no standing in lines at gates to get in stadium.8 no selling of programs, candy, or food by students a quick spread 9 visitors stay on buses until time to get inside stadium 10 fans from visitors should stay home( they could be coming from a hot spot)11 everyone have temp checked outside gates before entering. All of these would make me somewhat at ease knowing all here protcols were enforced No spring ball period, if this fall it doesnt work, then that season is a wash , move forward, lost season just like last spring. Everyone say 80 percent of people right now acting like nothing is wrong it’s all a conspiracy how do you even think a season could go forward with mind sets of the general public now , let alone come August and the numbers sky rocketing at moment.

Definitely no visitor fans at all kids get 3 passes to give family I totally agree with all of your ideals
While I agree with this, as a parent, I will be at away games, even if it's to sit in the parking lot and watch through a fence. Over the years, we've seen too many kids hurt at sporting events and not have a parent there. Schools can presell tickets, home and away games, parents get 1st dibs, to limit amount of fans.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

One solution might have to be (and it's really horrible too) is that there be no playoff season or at least, it's tentative till we see whether any teams wind up being in quarantine through the season.

If that happens, OHSAA could help match up between schools that would suddenly be facing an open date due to their opponent being out over a positive test? At least they'd have a season

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Kentucky, have you seen where all non conference games been cancelled big Ten also in Texas the hotbed of high school football has been cancelled. I believe back in March if the government would come out with mandatory shutdowns, things might be on a level of having games. But we still have no nationwide directive of what to do, it’s a sad commentary on today’s society in general I think.Now we are at point of being mandated to do all these where 4 months ago should have been. Now we pay the piper , it was then but now it’s here we are gonna pay.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I would do whatever it takes. My only problem is it is way to early to make these decisions. The same way. The country through the guidelines to be open to seriously.

There are a tremendous amount of things going in treating this disease that are now in clinical trials that are making real differences in the treatment of this disease.

The truth is we may never have a vaccine for this disease I think we will but we may not. I don’t know if we should play football or not if we do there needs to be a level of precautions.

I do not understand why we would need to go to the level of some of these precautions though. Like if I can get a meal at McDonalds why can’t I buy something at a concession stand? Your not going to have 100’s of people in lines because your not going to allow 100’s in.

I have a friend who is a nurse in a hot spot and they are being over run. But they have had almost zero staff test positive since the surge. They are part of a clinical test of medical people. They don’t know who is getting the treatment and who the placebo.

But there is rumor the clinical test will end early because there seems to be significant help to people taking whatever there taking to spread to health care workers.

The key to this is this isn’t a new drug supposedly and it is supposed to be cheap as in like a person maybe be able to get like a 30 day supply for less then.50 a day.

It may be nothing. It might not be as a significant thing as they think. But the point is. There is a reason why we have been surging for weeks and the deaths are not climbing.

There are also vaccines actually in human trials overseas that if successful they say it could have preliminary approval for ide spread use by September.

If I was a betting man I would say no season or a delayed like 7 game season. But we are way closer to being able to play then some of us think.

And as dumb as a lot of these people are not taking precautions they also are driving us closer and closer to a solution.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 pm I would do whatever it takes. My only problem is it is way to early to make these decisions. The same way. The country through the guidelines to be open to seriously.

There are a tremendous amount of things going in treating this disease that are now in clinical trials that are making real differences in the treatment of this disease.

The truth is we may never have a vaccine for this disease I think we will but we may not. I don’t know if we should play football or not if we do there needs to be a level of precautions.

I do not understand why we would need to go to the level of some of these precautions though. Like if I can get a meal at McDonalds why can’t I buy something at a concession stand? Your not going to have 100’s of people in lines because your not going to allow 100’s in.

I have a friend who is a nurse in a hot spot and they are being over run. But they have had almost zero staff test positive since the surge. They are part of a clinical test of medical people. They don’t know who is getting the treatment and who the placebo.

But there is rumor the clinical test will end early because there seems to be significant help to people taking whatever there taking to spread to health care workers.

The key to this is this isn’t a new drug supposedly and it is supposed to be cheap as in like a person maybe be able to get like a 30 day supply for less then.50 a day.

It may be nothing. It might not be as a significant thing as they think. But the point is. There is a reason why we have been surging for weeks and the deaths are not climbing.

There are also vaccines actually in human trials overseas that if successful they say it could have preliminary approval for ide spread use by September.

If I was a betting man I would say no season or a delayed like 7 game season. But we are way closer to being able to play then some of us think.

And as dumb as a lot of these people are not taking precautions they also are driving us closer and closer to a solution.
Well said, was having this same discussion just a few days ago, the numbers have climbed and setting records but the deaths are happening at a lower rate. Like you said they've come a long ways in preferable treatments I mean when this first started they wanted to give you a Z pack. There's multiple countries who are testing on humans and the test leading up to this point showed such promise they already started manufacturing these vaccines because they wanted to be proactive in the hopes the human trials went as well as all others leading up to this point.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Texas has not cancelled HS football yet. Some superintendent was running his jaws about it.

Softball5
Waterboy

Post by Softball5 »

Some will refuse to follow social distancing restrictions at games. Who will be responsible for enforcing social distancing when people refuse? Will they be arrested?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

25th Street NW wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:10 am Texas has not cancelled HS football yet. Some superintendent was running his jaws about it.
You appear to have left out the part it’s the sup’t of the second-largest district in the state.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Again, Texas has not cancelled it.

New Mexico is planning on playing football in February and March. Spring sports April thru early June. Of course, they can do that there with the weather.

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

I personally feel if there is school, then there should be a season as well. I'd say if fans are able to attend, then I assume face masks will most likely be required. Sanitizing stations would also be good. I suppose if they decide fans can't attend the games, or only certain people are allowed, then I say broadcasting the games live on the internet would be the next feasible option. I'd be ok with whatever they decide as long as the kids get their season (which I think should happen if there is school).

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think it was 1917??? when they had something going around and it showed pictures of people in the stands with mask on.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”