Jerry Snodgrass out as OHSAA Director

art_vandelay
SE

Jerry Snodgrass out as OHSAA Director

Post by art_vandelay »

Per the Twitter, OHSAA executive director Jerry Snodgrass is done. Full story not known yet, but it was not voluntary per sources.

Reeks of OHSAA already having some serious internal division over the tough decisions that gotta be made in next few weeks*

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Jerry Snodgrass out as OHSAA Director

Post by wobycat »

This will tip the scale for or against. It’s embarrassing to the kids who this is supposed to be about.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Twitter be blowin' up tonight. Sucks for Snodgrass. When you're canned it's not good. Can't wait to read my Dispatch in AM.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Snodgrass was the one telling my inside sources football was going to happen. I think this is a terrible sign for football and OHSAA. They just had a lawsuit put on them as well.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

A little info on the interim director, Bob Goldring:

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... grass-out/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

1.) Jerry Snodgrass is a great guy whose heart is definitely in the right place, trying to juggle the best interests of the kids and what was smart to do.

2.) There is very little reason to believe ALL of Ohio would be playing high school football, with fans in the stands, this coming fall and yet this is what Jerry kept intimating to people as recent as last week. Hope springs eternal, but there were warning signs springing up as districts announced they would be going to remote learning this fall that this simply would not be the case.

3) The bills are piling up in the OHSAA mailbox, and some of them have those big red letters that say "PAST DUE" written on the envelope.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Some are saying without football income OHSAA will not make it. They have put way to much money into the new offices. Rumor is that the board wanted to flip football to spring and this is just something Jerry was against. Also eliminating a salary could help OHSAA. I’m a big Snodgrass guy and I’m saddened by this.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 pm Snodgrass was the one telling my inside sources football was going to happen. I think this is a terrible sign for football and OHSAA. They just had a lawsuit put on them as well.
Yep. He was on record saying he was opposed to flipping the seasons and now he’s gone. Get ready for the flip. Unfortunately it’s coming

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Recently Snodgrass had called out Dewine in a presser and some think the gov came for him.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:22 am Recently Snodgrass had called out Dewine in a presser and some think the gov came for him.
This is a bizarre idea.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:22 am Recently Snodgrass had called out Dewine in a presser and some think the gov came for him.
This is a bizarre idea.
All kinds of stuff going around about a lawsuit and Snodgrass going against DeWines orders. Then they got into about football in the spring. Just so many rumors going around.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 am
This is a bizarre idea.
I doubt it has anything to do with the governor.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree, O&B.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Actually it is one of the reasons they got sued by group of basketball camps. Snodgrass sent out tweets and went against what the gov wanted to do. It’s not the only reason but it was part of the reason.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This is the email sent by Snodgrass to all AD yesterday. OHSAA was mad the Jerry even brought up confidential court proceedings. It’s no secret that Snodgrass has took multiple shots at DeWine. DeWine was upset that it seemed Snodgrass endorsed the idea of overnight camps yesterday in this email. DeWine didn’t directly fire Snodgrass but he had a part in it.
Attachments
DC75E533-8823-4358-946D-000C15004B46.jpeg

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Mike DeWine can really care less about the OHSAA's business. You're going too far out on a limb on this one, brother.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

mlittle wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:25 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 pm Snodgrass was the one telling my inside sources football was going to happen. I think this is a terrible sign for football and OHSAA. They just had a lawsuit put on them as well.
Yep. He was on record saying he was opposed to flipping the seasons and now he’s gone. Get ready for the flip. Unfortunately it’s coming
Yep. I think you are right.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:25 pm
Very well could happen, especially if OHSAA is so strapped for cash that they need a season. Could be a very real possibility

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

It's not uncommon in any type of business for the board of directors to take over and replace a CEO, especially when the word bankruptcy is used.

Spring football is fine, but the problem to me is basically sacrificing Spring and Winter sports in the process with the hope of possibly getting a vaccine by spring. What you have is people doing what's in the best interest of them and their jobs, and not what's in the best interests of the kids.

If there is no sports people loose their jobs, you could never convince me that isn't at the root of all their decisions

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 am This is the email sent by Snodgrass to all AD yesterday. OHSAA was mad the Jerry even brought up confidential court proceedings. It’s no secret that Snodgrass has took multiple shots at DeWine. DeWine was upset that it seemed Snodgrass endorsed the idea of overnight camps yesterday in this email. DeWine didn’t directly fire Snodgrass but he had a part in it.
We all know about the email. It sent out as a press release right after it is sent to the AD's
Snodgrass is more than likely out because the board wants quicker decisions regarding fall sports.
Quit throwing stuff at the wall hoping it will stick

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”