2020 Football Season

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2020 Football Season

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m hearing they have to decided to start the season on time as of now and have gov DeWine on board.
Attachments
84456198-E994-41A7-A5CA-78243014F24B.jpeg
D90A4DBD-EB74-40AA-95C6-C8C9C5D99FEB.jpeg

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by BigBlueNation »

Nice

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:18 pm I’m hearing they have to decided to start the season on time as of now and have gov DeWine on board.
Hopefully it'll work out, hard to believe 4-5 weeks from now is scrimmage time. Thanks for all the information you've been providing

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:26 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:18 pm I’m hearing they have to decided to start the season on time as of now and have gov DeWine on board.
Hopefully it'll work out, hard to believe 4-5 weeks from now is scrimmage time. Thanks for all the information you've been providing
Ohsaa is trying to move forward and I’m glad to see DeWine is backing them for now.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:27 pm
Ohsaa is trying to move forward and I’m glad to see DeWine is backing them for now.
So no support for flipping seasons? This Snodgrass thing is full of rumors.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

How do you reconcile this with Dan Leffingwell (who is probably the #2 guy in OHSAA right now) saying today that they haven't even discussed plans for fall football yet, let alone a return to playing sports in the fall?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:43 pm

How do you reconcile this with Dan Leffingwell (who is probably the #2 guy in OHSAA right now) saying today that they haven't even discussed plans for fall football yet, let alone a return to playing sports in the fall?
I take it as a guy who was in full coach-speak mode for that interview. If OHSAA truly haven't discussed plans for fall football yet (of which their survival depends on) with official practice about 3 short weeks away, they are ill-prepared and deserve whatever comes their way this fall.*

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Flipping seasons don’t work that was never an option. They announced thats off the table for now.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yet his home school has helmet fitting coming up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Best decision Dewine has had. Let’s hope he’s not just toying with the athletes. Paladin and prime time will probably rebuke this decision

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Being the end of the first week of July there is plenty of time for changes.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 pm Best decision Dewine has had. Let’s hope he’s not just toying with the athletes. Paladin and prime time will probably rebuke this decision
It's not a decision. And he's not toying. It's a do, that might make a season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 pm Best decision Dewine has had. Let’s hope he’s not just toying with the athletes. Paladin and prime time will probably rebuke this decision
We will see.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:04 pm

I take it as a guy who was in full coach-speak mode for that interview. If OHSAA truly haven't discussed plans for fall football yet (of which their survival depends on) with official practice about 3 short weeks away, they are ill-prepared and deserve whatever comes their way this fall.*
Yeah, he basically shot down the spring flop idea, saying they had never discussed that as an option. He said that today was the first time the full staff would be together discussing return to play and also that the board tended to let the office people handle that (even mentioning that Snodgrass and company were likely already discussing those things previously). He tiptoed on many things, separating his role at school from the board, but he put out there that his school made the decision - for the moment - to return to school and is proceeding as normal. That has to be somewhat telling.

Here’s a link to the interview with the Fan:

https://923thefan.radio.com/media/audio ... -in-august

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 pm
We will see.
Yeah, we will. Follow health guidelines that helps not to get others sick, and there shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping for a season just as you, but I'm in reality about the situation. I know some family's that have had loved ones die from it. Go ask them about football, and what they think of a season. When it hits your home, most will wake up and see it's no joke.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:29 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 pm

We will see.
Yeah, we will. Follow health guidelines that helps not to get others sick, and there shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping for a season just as you, but I'm in reality about the situation. I know some family's that have had loved ones die from it. Go ask them about football, and what they think of a season. When it hits your home, most will wake up and see it's no joke.

Good grief. We haven’t even had a football season yet. Stop using semantics on me to prove a point. I’m educated enough to know that it exists but yet while exists, I’m also educated to know that a lot of people don’t have it and a lot of people aren’t spreading it and a lot of people are surviving. Unfortunately people pass away. 6 people a year die of a coconut falling on their head but people still walk around where there are coconuts. In our area, we should be skyrocketing in cases due to kids practicing. I’ve drove by several different schools and I’ve seen kids interacting with each other and not social distancing. People want to live. They have the foresight to know they may get it but that doesn’t make them cavalier about the situation. So unless you’ve not been out at all, you have no room to lecture anyone. You don’t know anything more about this disease than I do.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Sounds like a campaign to get everyone to wear mask and follow rules. It says because I want a season. I think there will be a season. We might not be able to watch a lot of games but I’m cool with that If need be. Hopefully numbers go down and life back to normal.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:30 pm Sounds like a campaign to get everyone to wear mask and follow rules. It says because I want a season. I think there will be a season. We might not be able to watch a lot of games but I’m cool with that If need be. Hopefully numbers go down and life back to normal.
CDC is claiming deaths are way down.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Flipping seasons don’t work that was never an option. They announced thats off the table for now.
Snodgrass said its off the table, but that supposedly is one reason he got canned and there's a push for it. Thats what a regional rep has told others. I don't see how it works either, but if they think thats the only way to guarantee sports missed last year aren't missed again.....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Snodgrass said its off the table, but that supposedly is one reason he got canned and there's a push for it. Thats what a regional rep has told others. I don't see how it works either, but if they think thats the only way to guarantee sports missed last year aren't missed again.....

No it’s not.. I have super intel on this one. He was fired because he wanted teams to only practice vs each other to limit the spread. Ohsaa got sued by summer camps. Summer camps claimed OHSAA has no jurisdiction over the summer. DeWine sided with the camps. Snodgrass was pissed. The board told him not to mention the lawsuit he didn’t listen he emailed all the ADs about it and the board decided to let him go. Board president went on 93 the fan and said his firing had nothing to do with the timing of sports. He also said spring football was never considered and is not under consideration at this time. The board decided as of now to move on with the season as planed. They have DeWine and Husted on board for this plan. I think OHSAA is kissing DeWine butt in case they need him to bail them out.

Return to “Football”