2020 Football Season

BlizzardMan
S

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by BlizzardMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Flipping seasons don’t work that was never an option. They announced thats off the table for now.
Snodgrass said its off the table, but that supposedly is one reason he got canned and there's a push for it. Thats what a regional rep has told others. I don't see how it works either, but if they think thats the only way to guarantee sports missed last year aren't missed again.....

No it’s not.. I have super intel on this one. He was fired because he wanted teams to only practice vs each other to limit the spread. Ohsaa got sued by summer camps. Summer camps claimed OHSAA has no jurisdiction over the summer. DeWine sided with the camps. Snodgrass was pissed. The board told him not to mention the lawsuit he didn’t listen he emailed all the ADs about it and the board decided to let him go. Board president went on 93 the fan and said his firing had nothing to do with the timing of sports. He also said spring football was never considered and is not under consideration at this time. The board decided as of now to move on with the season as planed. They have DeWine and Husted on board for this plan. I think OHSAA is kissing DeWine butt in case they need him to bail them out.
Cool. Thats why I asked it as a question. Thanks. I was hoping it wasn't true.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OHSAA announced Fall season will go on as planed. They said they have advanced safety measures for athletes and fans.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:16 am OHSAA announced Fall season will go on as planed. They said they have advanced safety measures for athletes and fans.
Seen where Kentucky is saying the same thing. Going to put in safety protocols but season is currently s go.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:16 am OHSAA announced Fall season will go on as planed. They said they have advanced safety measures for athletes and fans.
Sorry I missed other places on here where you already explained all the stuff I asked about. My apologies.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:25 am
Seen where Kentucky is saying the same thing. Going to put in safety protocols but season is currently s go.
Interestingly enough, two months ago, I thought Ohio and Kentucky sports would be doubtful and WV would be the state likely to move forward. Now, WV has paused and us and Kentucky are pushing forward.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

South Carolina is a "conditional" go on HS football this fall despite the state currently being a covid hotspot . The problem might be the state and their version of the OHSAA have pretty much abdicated all decision making to the local school boards. Some schools have been going full bore towards football, some schools are still on the sidelines. That sets up for unworkable schedules.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 am
Interestingly enough, two months ago, I thought Ohio and Kentucky sports would be doubtful and WV would be the state likely to move forward. Now, WV has paused and us and Kentucky are pushing forward.

WV still one of the lowest states I think they’ll play.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 am

WV still one of the lowest states I think they’ll play.
Probably.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

With the safety protocols being in place and testing of players and coaches. Couple things not mentioned, testing should've happened prior to practices. Also if any coach, player or trainer leaves on vacation they should be tested again prior to returning to practice. Also hoping they put weekly sanitizing for the locker rooms as well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ohsaa needs that revenue from football badly.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

who is paying for all these tests?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

JTEK wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:27 pm who is paying for all these tests?
I’m guessing since DeWine and LT Gov Husted are the ones pushing it that they will get gov funds for them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

JTEK wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:27 pm who is paying for all these tests?
I was wondering this as well and are they going to be the immediate results or the ones you won't know for 5-6 days.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

They are gonna continually test every player on every high school and middle school?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well now WV moved school back to sept 8th. They are having a sports press conf on Friday.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 pm With the safety protocols being in place and testing of players and coaches. Couple things not mentioned, testing should've happened prior to practices. Also if any coach, player or trainer leaves on vacation they should be tested again prior to returning to practice. Also hoping they put weekly sanitizing for the locker rooms as well.
There are no travel restrictions in the United States.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Toz15 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 pm With the safety protocols being in place and testing of players and coaches. Couple things not mentioned, testing should've happened prior to practices. Also if any coach, player or trainer leaves on vacation they should be tested again prior to returning to practice. Also hoping they put weekly sanitizing for the locker rooms as well.
What are you talking about? A simple quick search shows 17 states with covid related travel restrictions. Has nothing to do with what I was talking about anyways, I said if you leave you should be retested.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well WV moved school back to sept 8th. Rumor has it they won’t start football practice until sept 4th. This is going to be a huge problem for teams with out of state opponents on the schedule.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 pm Well WV moved school back to sept 8th. Rumor has it they won’t start football practice until sept 4th. This is going to be a huge problem for teams with out of state opponents on the schedule.
I’m guessing Ohsaa will eliminate the first two weeks

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 pm
Toz15 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm
What are you talking about? A simple quick search shows 17 states with covid related travel restrictions. Has nothing to do with what I was talking about anyways, I said if you leave you should be retested.
Why would I search? Who cares? Doesn't apply to what you're talking about. Ohio has no restriction on its residents leaving and returning to/from anywhere in the country. There are other states that have restrictions on who is coming from where into their state, but those restrictions would be applied in that state. Once they return to Ohio, no restriction on where they've been.

So, no Ohio resident even has to tell anyone they've traveled. Its none of their business.

Return to “Football”