Week 1: Ironton at Burg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am What your seeing is doubt creeping into the minds of the Burg faithful. It only took one year for Pendleton to take Ironton back to the top. Wheelersburg faithful saw this coming two years ago after that first game. You would have thought they had lost the game walking out to parking lot talking to their fans.
I wouldn't go that far. Ironton had a great team last year. They were loaded. They should have won the game. I think this year will be a closer game, but I think with carrico, they should have the slight edge.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am
One of the best up and coming Coaches in the State that’s for sure. Build it and they will come, ask Wheelersburg.

The Huntington Lineman, is he pretty good, how big is he? 😁
Pendleton is a good coach. There are lots of good coaches. Great coaches find ways to win games when the other team is more talented. High School coaching isn't defined by getting your talent level better than everyone else by transfers, it's developing the players you have. Ironton lost 2 games last year to teams that weren't remotely close to as talented as they were and probably should've lost a 3rd to Russell.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

He’s definitely developing the players he has, look at the kids playing or going to be playing at the next level, most have always went to Ironton. A couple came from other schools that’s went on to the next level. This Coaching Staff puts in the work pushing the kids to be the best they can be on and off the field.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

" BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
you see very few bad teams with transfers. You build a winning tradition and kids will follow.
Transfers will continue at Ironton and Burg as long as they continue to win big. Until someone can provide proof of cheating people need to quit complaining. I

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:59 am " BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
you see very few bad teams with transfers. You build a winning tradition and kids will follow.
Transfers will continue at Ironton and Burg as long as they continue to win big. Until someone can provide proof of cheating people need to quit complaining. I
Amen

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:52 am He’s definitely developing the players he has, look at the kids playing or going to be playing at the next level, most have always went to Ironton. A couple came from other schools that’s went on to the next level. This Coaching Staff puts in the work pushing the kids to be the best they can be on and off the field.
Like I said he's a good coach. If you're talking about Carrico, he's an athletic freak who would've gotten offers had he simply went to camps.

Pendleton played D1 ball and he didn't play for himself or Ironton. His brother played at Morehead. As much as some want to make it appear Ironton isn't bigtime football. They are a really good small school program who out talents 90% of the teams they play.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coach Pendleton had a full cupboard last year. He inherited 5 impact players. They loaded up and took a shot at it. They may be doing it again this year. He did a good job selling it. But let’s be a little realistic, I could have coached that team and at least won 10 games. For me to consider him good, it will have to come at what he does with a team that doesn’t have so much talent.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

I'm surprised Burg is playing Chillicothe the first game instead of Ironton. Is there any reason why. Burg and Ironton would have been a lot better of game I would think.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The Regulator wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm I'm surprised Burg is playing Chillicothe the first game instead of Ironton. Is there any reason why. Burg and Ironton would have been a lot better of game I would think.
Everyone went to conference games. Ovc has plenty of teams to cover 6 games. And burg and ironton is pointless if no fans are allowed. A huge loss in gate money if no fans or 25%. That games sells out

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:53 pm
The Regulator wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm I'm surprised Burg is playing Chillicothe the first game instead of Ironton. Is there any reason why. Burg and Ironton would have been a lot better of game I would think.
Everyone went to conference games. Ovc has plenty of teams to cover 6 games. And burg and ironton is pointless if no fans are allowed. A huge loss in gate money if no fans or 25%. That games sells out
True but BDUBS in Ironton and Portsmouth could have televised it and mad out like a bandit

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

OVC/Ironton went to an all-conference schedule, so this game was no longer an option for Ironton. With everybody guaranteed a spot in playoffs, I'd think Burg would have still rather played Ironton at home as opposed to travelling to Chillicothe in Week 1 (even with Ironton being better than Chilly)*

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 pm Coach Pendleton had a full cupboard last year. He inherited 5 impact players. They loaded up and took a shot at it. They may be doing it again this year. He did a good job selling it. But let’s be a little realistic, I could have coached that team and at least won 10 games. For me to consider him good, it will have to come at what he does with a team that doesn’t have so much talent.
Pendleton's career has been too short to rank him with the likes of Bob Lutz or Ed Miller. Yet judging from media interviews, Pendleton has that indefinable "it" factor that will make him be successful with whatever talent hand he is dealt.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Has this game been called off ????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:15 pm Has this game been called off ????
Never got scheduled on the reboot

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 pm

I did not know that. Thanks cat

So with the new format of playoffs. Would they meet early or late in the postseason ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:42 pm

So with the new format of playoffs. Would they meet early or late in the postseason ?
My guess would be later. I’m assuming they will go by team record. Ironton will be undefeated. Burg schedule a little tougher

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 pm

My guess would be later. I’m assuming they will go by team record. Ironton will be undefeated. Burg schedule a little tougher

I haven’t looked at Burgs revised schedule. Has it been posted anywhere ??

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:27 pm

I haven’t looked at Burgs revised schedule. Has it been posted anywhere ??
Wk 1: @ Chillicothe
Wk 2: Minford
Wk.3: Oak Hill
Wk 4: @ Waverly
Wk 5: Valley
Wk 6: @ Portsmouth West

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

Probably no need for Ironton’s opponent’s to even show up then lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

It will be interesting to see how teams are ranked for playoffs, no points and coaches vote. I expect some week 1 slaughter fest.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”