What OHSAA Owes Us, The Devoted Fans

kantucky
Varsity

What OHSAA Owes Us, The Devoted Fans

Post by kantucky »

I do realize there are threads that touch on this subject but I believe what I'm going to say is kind of unique. I believe, that if OHSAA feels the need to social distance and limit the crowds at the ball games that first tickets need to go to the family of the team, band and cheerleaders, then of course the other students.

I don't know how you would distribute the rest of them but here is what I think OHSAA owes us, the long-time fans, whos faithfulness to attend the games have funded football and other sports for many years. I believe OHSAA would have an obligation, to provide all the fans a good quality live video stream of all the games where they limit fan attendance

I feel this is more than a reasonable request of ohsaa

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
toast
All State

Re: What OHSAA Owes Us, The Devoted Fans

Post by toast »

I agree on all aspects. You need to email OHSAA.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Not gonna happen.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I don’t think they will allow any fans at all into the games you can’t trust fans to actually social distance themselves they will still be gathered at concession stands and they will all gather when they go out to smoke I guess if they did allow fans then don’t have any concessions allow fans to bring in drinks and don’t allow anyone to leave the stadium at all

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It will be up to the schools not the OHSAA. The OHSAA doesn't have anything to do with regular season ticket sales. Only postseason

As far a live streams go, again that's not up to the OHSAA in the regular season but up to the schools.
Ya'll are killing me :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Why would anyone social distance at a ballgame, when they wont distance at a store or even wear a mask. Frustrating.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

There are over 700 football teams in Ohio, which means at least 350 games a week. There is no way anybody could provide live streams to every game. There are many locations that do not have good enough internet access to provide a live feed even if they wanted. As mentioned above, this would be up to the schools. If there is a season, I do think there will be more games than ever live streamed, but no way it could be close to 100%

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:46 am There are over 700 football teams in Ohio, which means at least 350 games a week. There is no way anybody could provide live streams to every game. There are many locations that do not have good enough internet access to provide a live feed even if they wanted. As mentioned above, this would be up to the schools. If there is a season, I do think there will be more games than ever live streamed, but no way it could be close to 100%
You may not get 350 every friday.

BUT...

Schools have near universal broadband access. Many stadiums are at schools.

All you need is a wifi router and an IPad to do a pretty darn good video stream. Now if you want to start doing commentary and multi camera of course things get complicated, but an Ipad from the top of the bleachers can do an HD stream.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

More and more schools are already live streaming games through Facebook.

It won’t be up to OHSAA to decide how many fans will be at the games it will be up to local health dept.Each county is on different levels when it comes to local Covid cases.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Not gonna have to worry much about it because fall sports will not happen.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:57 pm Not gonna have to worry much about it because fall sports will not happen.
Thanks for getting on every active thread to tell us. We appreciate it

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:57 pm Not gonna have to worry much about it because fall sports will not happen.
Thanks for getting on every active thread to tell us. We appreciate it

I get people have an opinion but what’s the point of going on every thread and saying the same thing.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:05 pm
4thgoal wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:46 am There are over 700 football teams in Ohio, which means at least 350 games a week. There is no way anybody could provide live streams to every game. There are many locations that do not have good enough internet access to provide a live feed even if they wanted. As mentioned above, this would be up to the schools. If there is a season, I do think there will be more games than ever live streamed, but no way it could be close to 100%
You may not get 350 every friday.

BUT...

Schools have near universal broadband access. Many stadiums are at schools.

All you need is a wifi router and an IPad to do a pretty darn good video stream. Now if you want to start doing commentary and multi camera of course things get complicated, but an Ipad from the top of the bleachers can do an HD stream.
:lol: That's great if you get service at the field, there are several in SE Ohio that don't.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Luckily Athens, Miller, NY and Trimble will be recorded on channel 15. While not live it’s better than nothing.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Rvfan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am :lol: That's great if you get service at the field, there are several in SE Ohio that don't.
I realize that. I have broadcasted from games.

Again - I believe Ohio schools have universal high speed internet in their buildings. So if the stadium is at the school it would not be difficult to run a CAT5 or even CAT6 cable to the pressbox for a wifi router.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

kantucky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:57 pm I do realize there are threads that touch on this subject but I believe what I'm going to say is kind of unique. I believe, that if OHSAA feels the need to social distance and limit the crowds at the ball games that first tickets need to go to the family of the team, band and cheerleaders, then of course the other students.

I don't know how you would distribute the rest of them but here is what I think OHSAA owes us, the long-time fans, whos faithfulness to attend the games have funded football and other sports for many years. I believe OHSAA would have an obligation, to provide all the fans a good quality live video stream of all the games where they limit fan attendance

I feel this is more than a reasonable request of ohsaa
Lmao SEO stadiums are literally in cow pastures. 😂😂 Don't have the infrastructure.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Nothing

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:04 pm
Rvfan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am :lol: That's great if you get service at the field, there are several in SE Ohio that don't.

Again - I believe Ohio schools have universal high speed internet in their buildings. So if the stadium is at the school it would not be difficult to run a CAT5 or even CAT6 cable to the pressbox for a wifi router.
That's fine for Athens, or some other schools, but what about little schools in the middle of nowhere like Miller? There is NO service there, they had a kid injured (last year I think) and they had to get into the school and use a landline to call helicopter. I'm sure there are other schools in the same position. I know service is spotty at River Valley, heck, it's spotty at Memorial Field, where GA plays, and it's in town!
Best option would be to presell tickets, parents 1st, then everyone else, each team gets so many, and those are the only one who get in, and you can monitor how many.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Rvfan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:45 pm
loganlocos wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:04 pm

That's fine for Athens, or some other schools, but what about little schools in the middle of nowhere like Miller? There is NO service there, they had a kid injured (last year I think) and they had to get into the school and use a landline to call helicopter. I'm sure there are other schools in the same position. I know service is spotty at River Valley, heck, it's spotty at Memorial Field, where GA plays, and it's in town!
Best option would be to presell tickets, parents 1st, then everyone else, each team gets so many, and those are the only one who get in, and you can monitor how many.
They have internet at Miller. Nelsonville TV cable provides it. 99% of schools in Ohio have internet. What he is saying is that it wouldn't be to hard or inconvenient to run it out to the press box.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”