Ohio suspends scrimmages in Aug

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ohio suspends scrimmages in Aug

Post by EasternDspy »

Teams will not face any teams in preseason.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ohio cancels scrimmages in Aug

Post by Orange and Brown »

They haven't been canceled. They have been suspended for now. The OHSAA has a meeting with the governors office on the 4th. If we are having a fall season then they will finish the details then.
Their could be a chance we don't have any scrimmages but they have NOT been permanently canceled as of yet.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 pm They haven't been canceled. They have been suspended for now. The OHSAA has a meeting with the governors office on the 4th. If we are having a fall season then they will finish the details then.
Their could be a chance we don't have any scrimmages but they have NOT been permanently canceled as of yet.
I honestly see this as being as cautious as possible to ensure a fall sports schedule.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 pm They haven't been canceled. They have been suspended for now. The OHSAA has a meeting with the governors office on the 4th. If we are having a fall season then they will finish the details then.
I reworded it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ohio suspends scrimmages in Aug

Post by wobycat »

I do not disagree with this move so to speak but this should have been laid out in a plan for all coaches to be made aware of should an increase happen.

How hard is it to say, we will continue if:

And "if" happens, then we will push everything back in each instance. If it doesn't happen we continue.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:58 am I do not disagree with this move so to speak but this should have been laid out in a plan for all coaches to be made aware of should an increase happen.

And "if" happens, then we will push everything back in each instance. If it doesn't happen we continue.
I’m hearing some think LT Gov Husted could approve the plan and give his recommendation and move forward with Jamborees. Will know more on the 4th

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 pm I’m hearing some think LT Gov Husted could approve the plan and give his recommendation and move forward with Jamborees. Will know more on the 4th
Hopefully that is correct

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:58 am I do not disagree with this move so to speak but this should have been laid out in a plan for all coaches to be made aware of should an increase happen.

I’m hearing some think LT Gov Husted could approve the plan and give his recommendation and move forward with Jamborees. Will know more on the 4th
Interesting thing about Jamborees is that admission can be charged and 50% of the proceeds go to OHSAA to help OHSAA pay for the 'Catastrophofic insurance'. If OHSAA can get some money flowing- I would expect that the Jamborees will happen and greatly encouraged by the OHSAA.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think everyone would be fine if we just had the jamboree game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

If it’s anything it’s an OHSAA money grab. Bet we cancel scrimmages but permit a jamboree.

Show them the money!!!!!!!

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

OH$AA

Return to “Football”