Fort Frye attempts to join TVC Ohio

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye attempts to join TVC Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So guess will find out in Aug but I think it be great for the Ohio.

NY BUCK
All State

Re: Fort Frye attempts to join TVC Ohio

Post by NY BUCK »

Would be happy to have the Cadets

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 pm Would be happy to have the Cadets
They need to rally to get 8 votes. They are great program that only makes the league better.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Solid move. Hope it happens.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Travel times from high school to high school (Using maps app on phone so could be off a little)

Alexander: 1 hour and 6 min
Athens: 1 hour
Meigs: 1 hour and 1 minute
Nelsonville-York: 1 hour and 4 min
River Valley: 1 hour and 30 min
Vinton County: 1 hour and 29 min
Wellston: 1 hour and 35 min

Potential conference schedule if nothing is changed
Week 4: Wellston
Week 5: Nelsonville-York
Week 6: Athens
Week 7: Vinton County
Week 8: Meigs
Week 9: Alexander
Week 10: River Valley
This is just off top of my head but I think it’s correct.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:14 am Travel times from high school to high school (Using maps app on phone so could be off a little)

Yea and could create something special and some big time matchups.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye could still play Waterford and Belpre non league.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:19 am
NY BUCK wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:14 am Travel times from high school to high school (Using maps app on phone so could be off a little)

Yea and could create something special and some big time matchups.
I agree 100%

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I hear Southern always votes no.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

From a parent stand point, a hour and a half+ for 3 of the schools, is going to be hard on those that ride the bus home, especially winter sports when it gets dark at 5 pm, and for games midweek when they have to get up early for school.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Rvfan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am From a parent stand point, a hour and a half+ for 3 of the schools, is going to be hard on those that ride the bus home, especially winter sports when it gets dark at 5 pm, and for games midweek when they have to get up early for school.
A win vs Fort Frye could mean playoffs.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Correct me if I am wrong DSPY, I don’t know much about Forts past schedule but this will be more playoff points for Fort as well right? A win against Athens and NY will be huge points with Athens being D3 and wins 7-9 games let’s say with the exception of last year with a first year QB. NY will get you points. Everybody else will be bigger then you also. I just know the Ohio has been a points machine for NY so I imagine it will help you as well even though Fort hasn’t needed it in the past. It goes the other way to with other teams getting a ton of points from Fort if they beat them. I just think it’s a good fit for everybody but I don’t vote so my opinion is useless lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’d like to see Fort Frye and Warren in the TVC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:19 pm Correct me if I am wrong DSPY, I don’t know much about Forts past schedule but this will be more playoff points for Fort as well right? A win against Athens and NY will be huge points with Athens being D3 and wins 7-9 games let’s say with the exception of last year with a first year QB. NY will get you points. Everybody else will be bigger then you also. I just know the Ohio has been a points machine for NY so I imagine it will help you as well even though Fort hasn’t needed it in the past. It goes the other way to with other teams getting a ton of points from Fort if they beat them. I just think it’s a good fit for everybody but I don’t vote so my opinion is useless lol
Agreed. Playing in TVC Ohio with Fort in would almost guarantee top 2 teams in the league for playoffs. Adding the Cadets could help Athens big time. With expanded playoffs you could see 3-5 TVC Ohio teams in the playoffs.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:37 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:19 pm Correct me if I am wrong DSPY, I don’t know much about Forts past schedule but this will be more playoff points for Fort as well right? A win against Athens and NY will be huge points with Athens being D3 and wins 7-9 games let’s say with the exception of last year with a first year QB. NY will get you points. Everybody else will be bigger then you also. I just know the Ohio has been a points machine for NY so I imagine it will help you as well even though Fort hasn’t needed it in the past. It goes the other way to with other teams getting a ton of points from Fort if they beat them. I just think it’s a good fit for everybody but I don’t vote so my opinion is useless lol
Agreed. Playing in TVC Ohio with Fort in would almost guarantee top 2 teams in the league for playoffs. Adding the Cadets could help Athens big time. With expanded playoffs you could see 3-5 TVC Ohio teams in the playoffs.
I agree. Specially with how well things are going in Wellston and VC with their new coaches.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:32 am I hear Southern always votes no.
No, Southern always votes yes on anyone wanting to come into the league so they can continue their plan of creating three divisions. They are desperate to get away from having to play Trimble and they want a basketball league they can win. Now, if anyone with good programs wanted in that could possibly be placed in Southern's division they would surely vote "no." But so far that hasn't been the case.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

hardhitter ll wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:00 pm
No, Southern always votes yes on anyone wanting to come into the league so they can continue their plan of creating three divisions. They are desperate to get away from having to play Trimble and they want a basketball league they can win. Now, if anyone with good programs wanted in that could possibly be placed in Southern's division they would surely vote "no." But so far that hasn't been the case.
Hopefully all the Hocking schools get on board.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:05 pm
The problem with adding teams is it won't end at that. The Ohio schools will probably be fine with FF. But the Hocking schools are concerned that the three division gang will divide the league up to suit themselves while the other schools will get screwed.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

hardhitter ll wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:44 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:05 pm

The problem with adding teams is it won't end at that. The Ohio schools will probably be fine with FF. But the Hocking schools are concerned that the three division gang will divide the league up to suit themselves while the other schools will get screwed.
No need for 3 divs looks like Fort fits into the Ohio perfectly schedule wise.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

There’s never been a need for 3 divisions. Only thing that needs changed in the TVC is the uneven amount of teams in the Ohio. Which Fort Frye will hopefully get voted in to fix.

Return to “Football”