Gridiron Glory This Season

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Gridiron Glory This Season

Post by RothGGProducer »

Hello to all at SEO Preps, my name is Michael Roth and I'll be the producer of Gridiron Glory this season for WOUB. I know there's still plenty of uncertainty at this time on if a season will be played, but everybody involved is still holding out hope and preparing for a season of high school football. I've been following along this website and believe it contains some of the most avid fans across southeast Ohio. I am asking for suggestions on what you, the viewer, would like to see from Gridiron Glory this season. We will have a limited staff until September 28th, which is when Ohio University is currently projecting to allow underclassmen to move into dorms. At this time I find it unlikely there will be a normal 30 minute show before that point, but nothing has been finalized and those decisions are well beyond my control even if there is a season a season. Despite this we will try our best to serve the people of southeast Ohio with coverage of their favorite teams from the conferences of the TVC-Ohio, TVC-Hocking, FAC and MVL. Please don't hesitate to leave feedback under this post as I will be checking it often throughout the season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Gridiron Glory This Season

Post by Orange and Brown »

The doors at Nelsonville-York are always open to you guys no matter what kind of show you are able to put together week to week this year.

Maybe doing a live show every week is out of the question but maybe releasing segmants on YouTube is doable.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:39 pm The doors at Nelsonville-York are always open to you guys no matter what kind of show you are able to put together week to week this year.

Maybe doing a live show every week is out of the question but maybe releasing segmants on YouTube is doable.
We will of course be posting video recaps to YouTube with highlights from the games we cover. WOUBPBS is the YouTube page to find all of our online video content. Excited to cover N-Y for another season, we will be getting interviews with their coaches and players in the near future. Gearing up for a Week 1 showdown as Trimble Vs N-Y is on our calendar of games to cover.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

I hope you guys are able to do something, but with the restrictions the way they are I just don’t see football happening.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

RothGGProducer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:46 pm Hello to all at SEO Preps, my name is Michael Roth and I'll be the producer of Gridiron Glory this season for WOUB. I know there's still plenty of uncertainty at this time on if a season will be played, but everybody involved is still holding out hope and preparing for a season of high school football. I've been following along this website and believe it contains some of the most avid fans across southeast Ohio. I am asking for suggestions on what you, the viewer, would like to see from Gridiron Glory this season. We will have a limited staff until September 28th, which is when Ohio University is currently projecting to allow underclassmen to move into dorms. At this time I find it unlikely there will be a normal 30 minute show before that point, but nothing has been finalized and those decisions are well beyond my control even if there is a season a season. Despite this we will try our best to serve the people of southeast Ohio with coverage of their favorite teams from the conferences of the TVC-Ohio, TVC-Hocking, FAC and MVL. Please don't hesitate to leave feedback under this post as I will be checking it often throughout the season.

They may be farther away from Athens then you might like to cover, but some pieces with the teams from SOC and OVC would be nice to see.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Update some of the logos. Vinton County has had the purple viking logo on there forever haha.
Love what you guys do though!

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

What about an offensive and defensive player of the year instead of just 1, seems to always favor the offense (not that that is bad, they're the playmakers and scoring points so I'm sure there is more exciting footage of those guys) , just like the Heisman in College Football. There are some stud defenders down this way that I'm sure would make the race competitive.

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:11 pm
RothGGProducer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:46 pm Hello to all at SEO Preps, my name is Michael Roth and I'll be the producer of Gridiron Glory this season for WOUB. I know there's still plenty of uncertainty at this time on if a season will be played, but everybody involved is still holding out hope and preparing for a season of high school football. I've been following along this website and believe it contains some of the most avid fans across southeast Ohio. I am asking for suggestions on what you, the viewer, would like to see from Gridiron Glory this season. We will have a limited staff until September 28th, which is when Ohio University is currently projecting to allow underclassmen to move into dorms. At this time I find it unlikely there will be a normal 30 minute show before that point, but nothing has been finalized and those decisions are well beyond my control even if there is a season a season. Despite this we will try our best to serve the people of southeast Ohio with coverage of their favorite teams from the conferences of the TVC-Ohio, TVC-Hocking, FAC and MVL. Please don't hesitate to leave feedback under this post as I will be checking it often throughout the season.

They may be farther away from Athens then you might like to cover, but some pieces with the teams from SOC and OVC would be nice to see.
So unfortunately due to regulations because of our affiliation with Ohio University, we are only allowed to cover specific conferences. Those leagues are the TVC, MVL and FAC. There was a special episode for the Wheelersburg state championship but those are not common. We will be covering potential huge non-conference games like Washington Court House Vs Waverly, Jackson Vs Wheelersburg and Fort Frye's games against Waterford and Trimble. But we are not advised to cover games that do not include at least one team from those listed conferences.

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

LeftHanded wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:30 am Update some of the logos. Vinton County has had the purple viking logo on there forever haha.
Love what you guys do though!
There are more logos that are incorrect than just the Vinton County one, we will need to update them as a few teams left our coverage and got couple got added. That will be something I'll communicate with our tech crew to get fixed hopefully before we use the studio this season, thanks!

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am What about an offensive and defensive player of the year instead of just 1, seems to always favor the offense (not that that is bad, they're the playmakers and scoring points so I'm sure there is more exciting footage of those guys) , just like the Heisman in College Football. There are some stud defenders down this way that I'm sure would make the race competitive.
Good call, we had discussions about adding a defensive player of the year for each conference at the end of last season but never went through on that idea. Showing more love to the elite defensive players in our coverage area is something we can do this season for sure.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

RothGGProducer wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:38 pm
OSU22 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am What about an offensive and defensive player of the year instead of just 1, seems to always favor the offense (not that that is bad, they're the playmakers and scoring points so I'm sure there is more exciting footage of those guys) , just like the Heisman in College Football. There are some stud defenders down this way that I'm sure would make the race competitive.
Good call, we had discussions about adding a defensive player of the year for each conference at the end of last season but never went through on that idea. Showing more love to the elite defensive players in our coverage area is something we can do this season for sure.
Yes, a defensive player would be good, since they are the ones who stop the plays.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

is there not going to be any shows this year?

AT THE RESERVATION
ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:24 am is there not going to be any shows this year?
Try 740zone on Facebook. Pretty much same thing

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:24 am is there not going to be any shows this year?
They aren't allowed to film until OU let's more students back in person.
They started an independent production utilizing facebook and YouTube called 740 Zone.
It's pretty good. Keep in mind they are using their own equipment and using their own gas to make it to these places.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:04 am
They aren't allowed to film until OU let's more students back in person.
They started an independent production utilizing facebook and YouTube called 740 Zone.
It's pretty good. Keep in mind they are using their own equipment and using their own gas to make it to these places.
Appreciate the kind words, it's been a crazy season for all of us at the 740 Zone and we've invested a lot of time and resources to make it look as good as we possibly can. Support for the page has been terrific.

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

Many of the student volunteers joined together to start a new page called the 740 Zone. We have a twitter and facebook page. You can also watch all of our shows from this playlist on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaXyeGf ... Q3ijwIpvSm

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

RothGGProducer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 am
Many of the student volunteers joined together to start a new page called the 740 Zone. We have a twitter and facebook page. You can also watch all of our shows from this playlist on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaXyeGf ... Q3ijwIpvSm
Ive been watching on youtube every week good work

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

yeah they do a really good job

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

I could never understand why your show has never covered the SOC more than they do. You cover teams farther north and farther west. What's the deal with that?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

AWESOME GUY! thanks.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Football”