OHSAA Shortens season

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: OHSAA Shortens season

Post by petesweaty »

mlittle,
That is exactly what the SVC should do. That way everybody plays at least 8 games.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: OHSSA shortens season

Post by greygoose »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:06 pm All teams, if they choose, are playoff eligible? Interesting but possible logistical nightmare. A carrot for a shortened regular season.
Well it does state that in September they'll determine new playoff regions so I'm sure they're taking that into consideration. Also when you take a look at the article you'll see even teams that have voted to delay the start of contact sports until September or October are being made eligible which I think is more of the reason why you see everyone being put in the playoffs, if you choose. Not sure how a team that can't start contact sports until October will be seeded but that's for coaches to figure out and it'll at least give the kids a shot at the playoffs and not a totally lost season. So it's not really a carrot at all it's more trying to accommodate EVERYONE and not just teams who can start on time. Especially given that teams can still schedule games if they're not in the playoffs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think you're going to see a lot of leagues get on the ball and decide how they're going to address schedules. So pretty much right now any schedule someone has posted is likely to change.

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

I wonder if teams with 60-70 plus will downsize to 30 or so to reduce chances of someone testing positive 2 weeks out from playoff time?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

indianabuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:31 pm What does a school like Logan do if everyone just plays conference games?
Logan will need to find teams if that is the case because it's going to be voidable by either team. There's other schools not in a conference and other conferences that might be short a game where Logan can possibly pickup teams. You'll probably see leagues where teams decide not to play at all and maybe Logan can slide into their spot, they won't count for league play but can fill a void. They'll be plenty of options, hopefully.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mlittle wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:06 pm
indianabuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
toast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:39 pm Of the six games being played you would think conference games would take precedence.

I look for Dewine to give the ok next week and give the decision on fans attending. Sure hope they decide to allow at least some fans to attend. 25% capacity of something like that.
At least let the parents attend, then after that decide the percentage. I see no more than 20% being allowed.
No restrictions on fans due to it being outside. It’s already a proven scientific fact that outside protesters don’t catch or spread covid so us football fans should be fine to attend the games
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

traf1 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 pm I wonder if teams with 60-70 plus will downsize to 30 or so to reduce chances of someone testing positive 2 weeks out from playoff time?
That, and cutting down on the transportation if they socially distance.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:39 pm
indianabuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:31 pm What does a school like Logan do if everyone just plays conference games?
Logan will need to find teams if that is the case because it's going to be voidable by either team. There's other schools not in a conference and other conferences that might be short a game where Logan can possibly pickup teams. You'll probably see leagues where teams decide not to play at all and maybe Logan can slide into their spot, they won't count for league play but can fill a void. They'll be plenty of options, hopefully.
Logan may be benefitted by leagues having odd number of teams in it. It would have a school looking for a game figuring alot of schools will play a 6 game league schedule. TVC Ohio has 7 teams so each week there will be a team that will not match up with a league foe. I look forward to see how teams and leagues decide to go with scheduling.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bsee12345 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:08 pm
Logan may be benefitted by leagues having odd number of teams in it. It would have a school looking for a game figuring alot of schools will play a 6 game league schedule. TVC Ohio has 7 teams so each week there will be a team that will not match up with a league foe. I look forward to see how teams and leagues decide to go with scheduling.
Actually at 7 teams, assuming no one cancels football, the TVC-Ohio could just round-robin it.

Example: Athens would play RV, Alex, Wellston, NY, Meigs, VC

# of games in a league = # of teams - 1

It’s the OCC and any league where the divisions/leagues are in 6 that Logan would slot into. For instance, Lancaster would play all five of their OCC-Ohio opponents and then a sixth. (Actually, I do believe the OCC has already remedied their conundrum by cutting weeks 1-4 off the schedule and slotting forward games 5-10 into the new weeks 1-6.)

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 pm

Actually at 7 teams, assuming no one cancels football, the TVC-Ohio could just round-robin it.

It’s the OCC and any league where the divisions/leagues are in 6 that Logan would slot into. For instance, Lancaster would play all five of their OCC-Ohio opponents and then a sixth. (Actually, I do believe the OCC has already remedied their conundrum by cutting weeks 1-4 off the schedule and slotting forward games 5-10 into the new weeks 1-6.)
But with 7 teams, one team has a bye every week. Only one team can play all six teams in six weeks. There would need to be seven weeks in the season in order for six of the teams to play the final week/sixth game (all the teams who had byes the first six weeks).

So, one TVC Ohio team would have one open date every week even if they move all league games to the front of the schedule.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:31 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 pm

But with 7 teams, one team has a bye every week. Only one team can play all six teams in six weeks. There would need to be seven weeks in the season in order for six of the teams to play the final week/sixth game (all the teams who had byes the first six weeks).

So, one TVC Ohio team would have one open date every week even if they move all league games to the front of the schedule.
You’re right. My apologies, bsee!

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Bigger size sschools call Spring Valley or Cabell Mindland in WV both need games

Joe Eitel will be bored to death NO Harbinn points to track

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

edforshey wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 pm Bigger size sschools call Spring Valley or Cabell Mindland in WV both need games

Joe Eitel will be bored to death NO Harbinn points to track
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If I’m the TVC Ohio, I ask Logan to fill our schools non conference weeks and use this as a trial run for a possible Logan admittance in the future.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This is not a college football forum.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:27 pm If I’m the TVC Ohio, I ask Logan to fill our schools non conference weeks and use this as a trial run for a possible Logan admittance in the future.
We are playing Trimble if we play 5league games. Sorry Logan.....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:27 pm If I’m the TVC Ohio, I ask Logan to fill our schools non conference weeks and use this as a trial run for a possible Logan admittance in the future.
Heard TVC is going 5 league games plus 1.

Fort Frye vs Waterford could be week 1.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ovc is fine with schools. 6 will be ok if that’s the plan.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm
That’s only if Trimble has a non conference week the same as NY. Which they won’t if all of the hocking will have theirs week 1 and the Ohio will be staggered.

Return to “Football”