OHSAA Shortens season

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: OHSAA Shortens season

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:45 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:27 pm If I’m the TVC Ohio, I ask Logan to fill our schools non conference weeks and use this as a trial run for a possible Logan admittance in the future.
We are playing Trimble if we play 5league games. Sorry Logan.....
That’s only if Trimble has a non conference week the same as NY. Which they won’t if all of the hocking will have theirs week 1 and the Ohio will be staggered.
They only have 5 league games man lol
P.S.... Game on

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
THEConvoK9
Waterboy

Post by THEConvoK9 »

They’ll never play. Football or Basketball is toast this year.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Just reading on The Wolverine. Pat Forde quoted as saying a prominent industry source said “ I think by the end of week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences looks like momentum growing toward postponing the season on The Wolverine also said they will evaluate daily relying on medical experts to make best decisions for the health safety and wellness of our student athletes

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

THEConvoK9 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm They’ll never play. Football or Basketball is toast this year.
When’s the announcement? Good to see the leaders allow volleyball and golf matches while football and soccer get shafted. Great leadership.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:49 pm Just reading on The Wolverine. Pat Forde quoted as saying a prominent industry source said “ I think by the end of week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences looks like momentum growing toward postponing the season on The Wolverine also said they will evaluate daily relying on medical experts to make best decisions for the health safety and wellness of our student athletes
Yep looks like this will be a big week for college football, as it's saying the vast majority of Big Ten Presidents would vote to postpone football until spring. It'll be interesting to see if that happens will high school follow in that same mold. As high school doesn't have to deal with near the logistical setup as colleges do.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:36 pm
THEConvoK9 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm They’ll never play. Football or Basketball is toast this year.
When’s the announcement? Good to see the leaders allow volleyball and golf matches while football and soccer get shafted. Great leadership.
Looks like VERY soon:

A Big Ten presidents call to discuss the season was planned for Sunday night, SI confirmed. Conference USA had a call previously scheduled for Wednesday, but that may be moved up, sources said.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:44 pm
Looks like VERY soon:

A Big Ten presidents call to discuss the season was planned for Sunday night, SI confirmed. Conference USA had a call previously scheduled for Wednesday, but that may be moved up, sources said.

By Tuesday ya think it’ll be all over ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:44 pm

Looks like VERY soon:

By Tuesday ya think it’ll be all over ?
As far as college goes everything I was reading on that very well could be the case, as it's only going to take 1 power 5 school to postpone the season for the rest to call it. As far as how it'll effect high school, I'm not really sure because there's a huge difference in the logistical aspects in terms of college vs high school. It'll be tough for me to see them continue on with high school though if college does postpone or cancel, hate that for the kids if that happens. I know everyone says they won't entertain the thought of spring ball and while I'm not in favor of it, I think a shortened season like they're planning and it was done in the spring could work. Time will tell first things first let's see whether they postpone or cancel, Big Ten is saying they'd vote postponement.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:26 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm

We are playing Trimble if we play 5league games. Sorry Logan.....
That’s only if Trimble has a non conference week the same as NY. Which they won’t if all of the hocking will have theirs week 1 and the Ohio will be staggered.
P.S.... Game on
Trimbles non conference game is week 1. NY has a non conference game in week 6 (week 9 normally).

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 pm

P.S.... Game on
Trimbles non conference game is week 1. NY has a non conference game in week 6 (week 9 normally).
No we don't. Normally our by week is week 5. Fed isn't playing a league schedule so the Hocking plays weeks 6 thru 10 without any teams having by week's.
The current schedule will have us play Trimble week one then play 5 conference games ending with Athens

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:58 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 pm

P.S.... Game on
No we don't. Normally our by week is week 5. Fed isn't playing a league schedule so the Hocking plays weeks 6 thru 10 without any teams having by week's.
The current schedule will have us play Trimble week one then play 5 conference games ending with Athens
Right. Normally week 5.
Non conference weeks for each team in a normal year.

Wellston 4
NY 5
Meigs 6
VC 7
Athens 8
Alex 9
River Valley 10

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

How does high school play in Athens county or any mac school county where college has been cancelled? I hope they play just curious of how that will work?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Carzycurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 am How does high school play in Athens county or any mac school county where college has been cancelled? I hope they play just curious of how that will work?
College football has no bearing over high school football.

The MAC cancelled because of money not safety.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Wash your hands, wear a mask, play ball!

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:13 am
Carzycurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 am How does high school play in Athens county or any mac school county where college has been cancelled? I hope they play just curious of how that will work?

Just curious is that why FCS cancelled as well? Money ?

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Has it been announced yet when DeWine is addressing fall sports this week?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Carzycurt wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 am

Watching espn this morning and looks like it’s going to be every conference. Big ten voted 12-2 to cancel football and move to spring. I expect dewines decision this week will go along with this. I feel like Ohio high football will be this spring.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Yes money.

Last reported in 2018, 98% of all FCS football programs lost money. Only 3.... I'd assume 1 was North Dakota State..... made a profit.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

In a nut shell, yes.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

College was canceled over greed. Schools realized they won’t make much if any with no fans in the stands.

Return to “Football”