EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

OHSAA Shortens season

Post by EasternDspy »

Wow

Better than nothing.
Attachments
2F32AF0C-5BD9-49AC-9AD7-94B3538FBBAC.jpeg
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

indianabuck
All State

Re: OHSSA shortens season

Post by indianabuck »

Oh wow..Quite a bit to digest there. I think starting on time is good, but what about the schedule? Is it just going to be conference games? How about contracts if you have to cancel a game?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

indianabuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:55 pm Oh wow..Quite a bit to digest there. I think starting on time is good, but what about the schedule? Is it just going to be conference games? How about contracts if you have to cancel a game?
Yep...that's going to be real interesting to see how conferences/schools handle this. D1 college football already going to shortened, conference-only schedules. I would think high school football would follow.*

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

All teams, if they choose, are playoff eligible? Interesting but possible logistical nightmare. A carrot for a shortened regular season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Just glad we are playing ball. Boys deserve after working all summer (if gov approves).

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I assume TVC will go league play only?
Attachments
8519412F-8FA7-484C-8E08-F26B83268E80.jpeg

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

Gonna be tough to schedule, especially in the SOC 2 where you don’t have enough teams for a 6 games schedule. Wonder if they will look for an out of conference game or randomly play another team in the conference.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

What does a school like Logan do if everyone just plays conference games?

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Basketballfan40 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:20 pm Gonna be tough to schedule, especially in the SOC 2 where you don’t have enough teams for a 6 games schedule. Wonder if they will look for an out of conference game or randomly play another team in the conference.
Also depends on what schools opt out also. Many boards and superintendents haven't made that decision yet either.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Coaches vote on the seedings since points are gone this year. That will be interesting. No mention of fans yet. Not sure how this season pans out but at least there’s a starting point.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Of the six games being played you would think conference games would take precedence.

I look for Dewine to give the ok next week and give the decision on fans attending. Sure hope they decide to allow at least some fans to attend. 25% capacity of something like that.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

toast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:39 pm Of the six games being played you would think conference games would take precedence.

I look for Dewine to give the ok next week and give the decision on fans attending. Sure hope they decide to allow at least some fans to attend. 25% capacity of something like that.
At least let the parents attend, then after that decide the percentage. I see no more than 20% being allowed.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

So what’s the point in all of this? How is this really preventing the “spread” vs a normal schedule? I’m glad they will get a season but this seems like a huge mess.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

indianabuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:31 pm What does a school like Logan do if everyone just plays conference games?
Fort Frye isn’t in a conf might need games.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: OHSAA Shortens season

Post by countywide35 »

Football Friday night !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Teams still have the option to play a 10 game regular season. After the playoff loss teams can play their remaining games for a maximum of 10 regular season games

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

indianabuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
toast wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:39 pm Of the six games being played you would think conference games would take precedence.

At least let the parents attend, then after that decide the percentage. I see no more than 20% being allowed.
No restrictions on fans due to it being outside. It’s already a proven scientific fact that outside protesters don’t catch or spread covid so us football fans should be fine to attend the games

mlittle
SEOP

Re: OHSAA Shortens season

Post by mlittle »

Here is my best guess on what will happen in svc

Play first 6 league games and after playoff makeup the 1 league game left to determine league champ

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

mlittle wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:06 pm

No restrictions on fans due to it being outside. It’s already a proven scientific fact that outside protesters don’t catch or spread covid so us football fans should be fine to attend the games
Lol I’ll admit I laughed at this.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:35 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Lol I’ll admit I laughed at this.
Nothing funny about scientific facts my friend 😉

Return to “Football”