Some histories updated

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

Re: Some histories updated

Post by Football Historian »

Huntington of Ross County added. Close inspection reveals they were 5-5 in 1987, not 4-6.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

Added Southeastern of Ross County.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Football Historian wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:24 pm Added Southeastern of Ross County.
Noticed today that you have Cambridge playing Lima Central Catholic in 1947 but that game isn't listed in the "Team" tab at the bottom for Lima Central.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

BobcatQB wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:19 pm
Football Historian wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:24 pm Added Southeastern of Ross County.
Noticed today that you have Cambridge playing Lima Central Catholic in 1947 but that game isn't listed in the "Team" tab at the bottom for Lima Central.
It is there when I look. I had Lima Central and Lima Central Catholic listed separately. I guess I wasn't sure if they were the same school. I am going to assume that they are now. I learn a lot about schools that I previously knew nothing about.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

Football Historian wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:58 pm
I have them listed separately because I don't believe Lima Central and Lima Central Catholic are the same school. Lima appears to be like Columbus with directional city school names such as Lima Central, Lima South etc. Columbus had five. North, South, East, West and Central.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

It is there when I look. I had Lima Central and Lima Central Catholic listed separately. I guess I wasn't sure if they were the same school. I am going to assume that they are now. I learn a lot about schools that I previously knew nothing about.
Gotcha..thanks.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:59 am

Gotcha..thanks.
Actually they are not the same school. Lima Central was a public school in 1947. From what I can tell there was no Catholic school in Lima named Central in 1947. There were others but not one named Central.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Football Historian wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:45 am

Gotcha..thanks.
Actually they are not the same school. Lima Central was a public school in 1947. From what I can tell there was no Catholic school in Lima named Central in 1947. There were others but not one named Central.
Remembering some histories about the Greater Ohio League, Lima Central became known as Lima Senior sometime in the mid 1950's.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Omega wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:24 am
Football Historian wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:45 am

Gotcha..thanks.
Remembering some histories about the Greater Ohio League, Lima Central became known as Lima Senior sometime in the mid 1950's.
I appreciate you looking into it further.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

Added New Lexington.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

Trimble - Glouster added back to the consolidation. Need some help with home/away schedules in the 80's and 90's.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Do you take requests, by chance?

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:18 pm Do you take requests, by chance?
What are you looking for?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Football Historian wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:38 am
Fisher Catholic in Lancaster, but also its predecessors Lancaster St. Mary (before 1961) and Lancaster Bishop Fenwick (61-'71.) I believe the coach or school has a record of everything going back to 1994 printed in a binder.

Seeing that you did Lancaster, and other private schools, I figured this may be within reason to request. :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:25 pm
Football Historian wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:38 am
Fisher Catholic in Lancaster, but also its predecessors Lancaster St. Mary (before 1961) and Lancaster Bishop Fenwick (61-'71.) I believe the coach or school has a record of everything going back to 1994 printed in a binder.

Seeing that you did Lancaster, and other private schools, I figured this may be within reason to request. :mrgreen:
I'll let Football Historian respond - but I would think Lancaster SM/BF/FC wouldn't be too hard since the Eagle-Gazette is available on newspapers.com.

I'll add it to my list, but don't know when I'll get to it, haha.

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

So you are saying that those three schools are one in the same? Just changed names on a couple of occasions? Do you know when the first team was formed?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Football Historian wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:38 am So you are saying that those three schools are one in the same? Just changed names on a couple of occasions? Do you know when the first team was formed?
Correct. Same school, different names over the course of time.

I'll have to figure out when the first team was formed. I know from checking your site, they had a team in 1918(?) as Lancaster is listed as playing Lancaster St. Mary's in that season.

And thanks, Locos!

Football Historian
Riding the Bench

I think that they had a team every now and then. Makes it real hard to do a history.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan played Lancaster St. Marys 6 times in football between 1919-1934.

In basketball I know they played more often and played up to the Bishop Fenwick era, but I don't think Logan has played them since the name changed to Fisher.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 pm
Football Historian wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:38 am So you are saying that those three schools are one in the same? Just changed names on a couple of occasions? Do you know when the first team was formed?
Correct. Same school, different names over the course of time.

I'll have to figure out when the first team was formed. I know from checking your site, they had a team in 1918(?) as Lancaster is listed as playing Lancaster St. Mary's in that season.

And thanks, Locos!
Do you know if Fisher has a collection of archived yearbooks?

Return to “Football”