Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink

Post by radiodavel »

Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... -the-brink

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink

Post by Geronimo »

Passing the buck. ! Who is going to be the bad guy?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now
You said a mouthful there. Down here in Fla...the FHSAA is going to decide around the 20th of this month what to do with fall sports. They have 2 or 3 options...none are for cancellation at this time.

As I said in college sports thread...the MAC could be the first domino to fall....rest of conferences might follow.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now
You said a mouthful there. Down here in Fla...the FHSAA is going to decide around the 20th of this month what to do with fall sports. They have 2 or 3 options...none are for cancellation at this time.

As I said in college sports thread...the MAC could be the first domino to fall....rest of conferences might follow.
It’s About money on these decisions

Beergogglebluez
SE

I love Florida high school football, I lived in Lakeland and would watch Lakeland, Kathleen, haines city, mulberry and others. Some of those high schools look like small colleges

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Big 10 commissioner prefers spring football , if so Ohio States J Fields, and Wade are probably gone.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The hand writing is on the wall

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Cleveland Senate League has cancelled all fall sports, first nine weeks end of July is when it was decided.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:19 pm

I love Florida high school football, I lived in Lakeland and would watch Lakeland, Kathleen, haines city, mulberry and others. Some of those high schools look like small colleges
I'm up in NW Fla....Panama City but, always loved Niceville football. Got an old HS friend over in Longwood...elementary teacher. BTW...is Tampa Jesuit still strong in football? Old AF buddy has his kids there.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Here’s my take , no in class for all schools, no fall sports because flu season will arrive in October plus the virus now. This all needs done to try and save spring sports because as of now that will be two years in a row of no spring sports. This virus is very dangerous and still spreading. online studies And no fall sports until after xmas and then decide what needs to be done starting January. If more college conferences cancel or delay uNtil maybe spring can’t see a high school sports then right now they’re just buying more time not to cancel soon they will say no more practice until first of year. That’s my opinion on where were at

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Here’s another thought. Teachers and school administrators know that they have seen kids pass everything around from pink eye,stomach flu,the influenza and now add the COVID-19 to all this. It’s like a Petri dish and this COVID will thrive in these conditions . When students contract COVID-19, schools will need to shut down Regroup and start again until numbers are lower and when schools have a plan that really will protect people

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The MAC cancelled because of money not safety. If the big10 cancels it will be because of money as well.
That means high school football is still okay for now.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:29 pm The MAC cancelled because of money not safety. If the big10 cancels it will be because of money as well.
That means high school football is still okay for now.

Hope you are right......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Per ESPN. Big 10 Presidents on verge of cancelling Big 10 football. Power 5 conferences waiting for someone to pull the plug to cancel and then rest will follow. It looks like the Big 10 is going to be the one to do just that. Looks like later tonite there could be movement.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:41 pm Per ESPN. Big 10 Presidents on verge of cancelling Big 10 football. Power 5 conferences waiting for someone to pull the plug to cancel and then rest will follow. It looks like the Big 10 is going to be the one to do just that. Looks like later tonite there could be movement.
Not sure where you're getting your information or if you're lumping cancel and postponement into 1 category. This was posted at 7:22pm; Sources told ESPN, "a vast majority of Big Ten presidents have indicated that they would vote to postpone football season, hopefully to the spring."

This was said on yesterdays meeting: Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren apparently would prefer to move the football season to the spring, according to sources who spoke to The Detroit News on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on the topic

Again will high school follow suit, I don't know, there's a big difference in a school driving on a bus for 20 minutes to get to a game. Rather than getting on a plane, staying in a hotel and playing football with and against guys from all 50 states on one field. My assumption is high school would follow suit but I think you'll see a postponement not a cancellation.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well guys at least for Big Ten football and I have to think the rest will follow looking like a postponement until spring.
https://www.startribune.com/reports-big ... 572061692/

We'll see what this means for high school ball but looks like the biggest chip is about to fall for college ball.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:30 am Well guys at least for Big Ten football and I have to think the rest will follow looking like a postponement until spring.

We'll see what this means for high school ball but looks like the biggest chip is about to fall for college ball.
Nothing is changing in 4 months when spring comes around. This is a financial response. They’ve probably balanced the numbers and found out minimum seating will cause them to lose money. Hoping spring they will allow fans. This decision should not effect high school unless we can’t have fans.

I have also noted that college fans and players are starting to voice their opinion of playing now.

Beergogglebluez
SE

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:14 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:30 am Well guys at least for Big Ten football and I have to think the rest will follow looking like a postponement until spring.

Nothing is changing in 4 months when spring comes around. This is a financial response. They’ve probably balanced the numbers and found out minimum seating will cause them to lose money. Hoping spring they will allow fans. This decision should not effect high school unless we can’t have fans.

I have also noted that college fans and players are starting to voice their opinion of playing now.
True and voicing opinions about player safety. They want everything and everyone on the same page. They want to play but want safety a priority

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Big Ten has cancelled fall football 2020. Presidents of Big Ten by a 12-2 vote , has cancelled 2020 football in Big Ten. Ohio State voted to,cancel.

Return to “Football”