Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Is it official? A friend posted it on Facebook but I’m watching espn and no official word on there.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:13 pm Big Ten has cancelled fall football 2020. Presidents of Big Ten by a 12-2 vote , has cancelled 2020 football in Big Ten. Ohio State voted to,cancel.
A vote may have been taken but no official announcement has been made. One can be sure the lawyers will have their say and after review of all financial / contract / scholarship / NCAA ramifications of the decision are reviewed.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dan-pa ... efc85rps0p

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I have stayed quite about all of this but I’m about tired of it. I am just in awe over all of this. Absolutely ridiculous. Let the guys work out all summer and then wait till last second and cancel. Imagine how the players who decided not to go to the NFL and come back for one more year feels? All over this “deadly” virus that has turned from a medical problem to a larger political problem. These kids have a better chance of getting hurt on the way to the game or during any given play then they do with this virus. Ohio State didn’t cancel their season their president did, one voice did. I’m sorry for you Covid 19 payroll people but many are in support of a season. Look all the players and coaches begging for a season. They want to play, they deserve to play. God bless everyone that is trying their best to let these kids play. As for high school, I feel the same way. I know NY has been practicing 3 hours a day, I imagine other schools have been doing the same, hell I imagine they all have, specially around here. Now the season that is suppose to start in two weeks and the kids don’t even know if they are playing. I’m not trying to start anything but I hope someone wakes up soon.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

By the end of this week things at all levels of play probably will be decided as the Big Ten Conference has. Spring ball maybe in 2021, let’s see how this plays out by this Friday. Good luck and stay safe.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 pm I have stayed quite about all of this but I’m about tired of it. I am just in awe over all of this. Absolutely ridiculous. Let the guys work out all summer and then wait till last second and cancel. Imagine how the players who decided not to go to the NFL and come back for one more year feels? All over this “deadly” virus that has turned from a medical problem to a larger political problem. These kids have a better chance of getting hurt on the way to the game or during any given play then they do with this virus. Ohio State didn’t cancel their season their president did, one voice did. I’m sorry for you Covid 19 payroll people but many are in support of a season. Look all the players and coaches begging for a season. They want to play, they deserve to play. God bless everyone that is trying their best to let these kids play. As for high school, I feel the same way. I know NY has been practicing 3 hours a day, I imagine other schools have been doing the same, hell I imagine they all have, specially around here. Now the season that is suppose to start in two weeks and the kids don’t even know if they are playing. I’m not trying to start anything but I hope someone wakes up soon.
Well said, NY BUCK!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 pm I have stayed quite about all of this but I’m about tired of it. I am just in awe over all of this. Absolutely ridiculous. Let the guys work out all summer and then wait till last second and cancel. Imagine how the players who decided not to go to the NFL and come back for one more year feels? All over this “deadly” virus that has turned from a medical problem to a larger political problem. These kids have a better chance of getting hurt on the way to the game or during any given play then they do with this virus. Ohio State didn’t cancel their season their president did, one voice did. I’m sorry for you Covid 19 payroll people but many are in support of a season. Look all the players and coaches begging for a season. They want to play, they deserve to play. God bless everyone that is trying their best to let these kids play. As for high school, I feel the same way. I know NY has been practicing 3 hours a day, I imagine other schools have been doing the same, hell I imagine they all have, specially around here. Now the season that is suppose to start in two weeks and the kids don’t even know if they are playing. I’m not trying to start anything but I hope someone wakes up soon.
Well said.

I am also tired of these lazy teachers screaming to not open school. I hope if the schools dont open, those teachers dont get paid. See how long they still scream to keep the schools closed. Meanwhile they are all out having lunch together and going to the mall. Its ridiculous.

Shout out to the President of tOSU, Kristina Johnson, for being such a douchebag. Glad ONE liberal in this state gets to make the call on college football season. Unreal.

They think by canceling HS football these kids are going to sit in their basements all by themselves? While I am glad they are not discussing canceling non contact sports, its a farce to have these kids around each other at school but they cant play football.

Dont even get me started about the masks. They are pointless.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Well said.

I am also tired of these lazy teachers screaming to not open school. I hope if the schools dont open, those teachers dont get paid. See how long they still scream to keep the schools closed. Meanwhile they are all out having lunch together and going to the mall. Its ridiculous.

Shout out to the President of tOSU, Kristina Johnson, for being such a douchebag. Glad ONE liberal in this state gets to make the call on college football season. Unreal.

They think by canceling HS football these kids are going to sit in their basements all by themselves? While I am glad they are not discussing canceling non contact sports, its a farce to have these kids around each other at school but they cant play football.

Dont even get me started about the masks. They are pointless.
Now, now, DeWino says the masks are the only way to stop this thing. So, apparently no one who wears a mask ever spreads, or gets the virus depending on what day it is. Of course some people don't have to wear a mask. So I guess their lives are more important than the rest of us. Also, if we have a season, the players who don't get in the game have to wear a mask, but the ones who do don't get in have to wear one. I can't keep up with whether the mask keeps me from spreading it or keeps me from getting it, but apparently the lives of the players on the field are either more important or less important than the ones on the sidelines. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Our leaders are teaching our kids to fear everything, and everybody.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Amen brother, I said that in early March and people thought I was nuts!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

March- "Just 2 weeks to flatten the curve!"
April- "We have more cases!" (even though they tested 100x more people)
May- "We MIGHT reopen the economy but only if you follow these stupid guidelines and see how easy manipulated you people are!"
June- "This virus is so bad that you might not even know you have it!"
July- "The vacationers are ruining it for everyone! No...no....BLM /Atifa protests have nothing to do with the rise in cases. Its all the vacationers!"
August- "We have to have mail in voting! Its too dangerous to be around each other". Meanwhile people are communing in groves at Walmart, Kroger, Lowes. The virus doesnt go there. Oh....and you cant get a drink after 10pm. Its just too dangerous.
Teachers: "We cannot risk our health to go back to school"....meanwhile every hospital worker, retail worker, food worker wants to punch that teacher in the face.

Cases are up because they are testing anyone and everyone. Antibodies in your system? That counts as a new case also. Been tested positive 4 times? That is 4 more cases in most places. Dying of cancer but tested positive for Covid? Yep thats a Covid death.

The real question is: Why are we being so stupid and putting up with it?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 am March- "Just 2 weeks to flatten the curve!"
April- "We have more cases!" (even though they tested 100x more people)
May- "We MIGHT reopen the economy but only if you follow these stupid guidelines and see how easy manipulated you people are!"
June- "This virus is so bad that you might not even know you have it!"
July- "The vacationers are ruining it for everyone! No...no....BLM /Atifa protests have nothing to do with the rise in cases. Its all the vacationers!"
August- "We have to have mail in voting! Its too dangerous to be around each other". Meanwhile people are communing in groves at Walmart, Kroger, Lowes. The virus doesnt go there. Oh....and you cant get a drink after 10pm. Its just too dangerous.
Teachers: "We cannot risk our health to go back to school"....meanwhile every hospital worker, retail worker, food worker wants to punch that teacher in the face.

Cases are up because they are testing anyone and everyone. Antibodies in your system? That counts as a new case also. Been tested positive 4 times? That is 4 more cases in most places. Dying of cancer but tested positive for Covid? Yep thats a Covid death.

The real question is: Why are we being so stupid and putting up with it?
No one could’ve said it better! Everything is exaggerated

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Zero chance we play.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Big 10 pulls plug on all fall sports !

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:23 pm Big 10 pulls plug on all fall sports !
Yeah I seen that, postponed until spring.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:57 pm
Will attempt to play in the spring espn shows. Even that does not sound promising

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Wont happen. No way they will play in the spring and then turn around and have another season months later.

Hoax.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I don’t think we will see it in the spring. Not so much due to the virus. But What playing in the spring of 2021 will do to the fall of 2021 football season...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:40 pm

I don’t think we will see it in the spring. Not so much due to the virus. But What playing in the spring of 2021 will do to the fall of 2021 football season...
I would guess a short season in the spring, followed by a shortened fall season with a later start.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:59 pm
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:40 pm

I would guess a short season in the spring, followed by a shortened fall season with a later start.
Yeah if they do play in spring, which I'm not in favor of, I think you'll see a 6 game season just like they were getting ready to do. Then possibly see a shortened fall, starting later.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

All you got now is baseball and bubble ball ! I question the NFL season now?

Return to “Football”