2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

smurray
SEOPS HO

2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

Post by smurray »

Here we go, the game that would be standing room 6 deep around the fence but will settle for 6’ apart.

Who you got and why??

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg (3-0) at Waverly (3-0)

Post by Raider6309 »

Game of the week

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I dunno on this one.. Where can we watch?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tiger78
Waterboy

Post by Tiger78 »

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/waverlytigers/

It is $10 per game with the proceeds going to the athletic department. All previous games (including Granville) are available too.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Waverly really good. A lot of weapons. Burg has a bunch too. Might be a shootout like last year.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Waverly charges for livetreams? Did they charge tonight?

Didn't Valley have a free livesream?
Last edited by BBALL99 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger78
Waterboy

Post by Tiger78 »

BBALL99 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:37 am Waverly charges for livetreams? Did they charge tonight?

Valley had a free live stream on Facebook which they typically have for home sporting events. Waverly also had a stream, but it was of lower quality than their home streams. I think they have to record the away games via an IPad. The home games are very good quality though.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BBALL99 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:37 am Waverly charges for livetreams? Did they charge tonight?

A lot of schools have free live streams i literally watch like 20 high school games a week all ohio games

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Who wins the line of scrimmage and is the more physical team.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tiger78 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 pm https://portal.stretchinternet.com/waverlytigers/

It is $10 per game with the proceeds going to the athletic department. All previous games (including Granville) are available too.
I caught one of Waverly's home games and this is by FAR the best live streaming I've seen of all the streaming options available. I get ppl saying this team or this team is doing it for free but it's not near the quality, also if you were going to this game you would be paying X-amount for parking, ticket, food, gas to get there, so the $10 bucks is a bargain. Also as always if you don't want to watch, watch one of the free less quality games with nothing on the line.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:39 am
Tiger78 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 pm https://portal.stretchinternet.com/waverlytigers/

I caught one of Waverly's home games and this is by FAR the best live streaming I've seen of all the streaming options available. I get ppl saying this team or this team is doing it for free but it's not near the quality, also if you were going to this game you would be paying X-amount for parking, ticket, food, gas to get there, so the $10 bucks is a bargain. Also as always if you don't want to watch, watch one of the free less quality games with nothing on the line.
Yeah I don’t understand the gripe on paying. All schools should in this time.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm a bit conflicted in this game, as Waverly is solely relying on the passing game so far this season and seem to have really forgotten they do have run plays in the system. I think Waverly has the lineman to pass protect against the Burg front even with them bringing more players then blockers but Waverly is utilizing more of the shorter routes and quick release system in order to combat that. For me it's basically can Burgs secondary hold up to Waverly's passing attack?? The biggest question can Waverly's rush defense and coaching staff adjust and hold up against the Burg rushing attack, this is what will win or lose this game. Burg limited Waverly's touches last year and shortened the game up simply running outside on very basic plays but Waverly didn't adjust to stop it. Waverly has played the tougher of the teams in Granville, who lost last night to Licking Valley by 2, Burg I get it you beat Chillicothe but they're simply way down this year and beating FAC schools who wished they weren't in the FAC. Going with Waverly in this one by 13, betting on lessons learned from last season. Weather will be a huge factor though and if it's adverse conditions it will favor Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I haven’t seen Waverly play this year but I know that if they are in a rhythm offensively, they are lights out. Burg is going to have to take them out of it somehow. Futhey I think is burgs biggest concern in this game. I’m not sure how they play him. Offensively burg has been able to put points on the board. Their QB is very accurate especially on the run. He’s one of the best I’ve seen to do it for burg. He reminds me of Salyers from the 17 season. He’s faster than Salyers running but Salyers was a tougher runner and harder to bring down.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 am I haven’t seen Waverly play this year but I know that if they are in a rhythm offensively, they are lights out. Burg is going to have to take them out of it somehow. Futhey I think is burgs biggest concern in this game. I’m not sure how they play him. Offensively burg has been able to put points on the board. Their QB is very accurate especially on the run. He’s one of the best I’ve seen to do it for burg. He reminds me of Salyers from the 17 season. He’s faster than Salyers running but Salyers was a tougher runner and harder to bring down.
Free agency has been kind to the Burg

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 am I haven’t seen Waverly play this year but I know that if they are in a rhythm offensively, they are lights out. Burg is going to have to take them out of it somehow. Futhey I think is burgs biggest concern in this game. I’m not sure how they play him. Offensively burg has been able to put points on the board. Their QB is very accurate especially on the run. He’s one of the best I’ve seen to do it for burg. He reminds me of Salyers from the 17 season. He’s faster than Salyers running but Salyers was a tougher runner and harder to bring down.
I've seen just the 1 game for Waverly and was listening a little bit last night. I will tell you this, if you concentrate all your efforts on Futhey and I know he is a HUGE concern, Waverly will score 40 against burg. They're spreading the ball out really well, and have Wolfe back at 100% which they did not have last year in the match up. Looks like the Brown kid has stepped up his game this year as well. It will be interesting to see how Burg takes on this offense as Futhey isn't the guy it runs through, he's just the biggest name and player everyone in the area knows, rightfully so though. Waverly's lack of a running game, or at least the ability to want to run is a concern but something I seen this year was Waverly going under center as well. Will be a great chest match and in one of those I never bet against Burg but i'm just going with the fact waverly has so many weapons it's impossible to say we're going to stop this guy and play 1-1 with a guy like Wolfe or Brown will be a long night if that's the case. Just as I predicted last year i think Burgs best defense is going to be their offense, shortening the game and possessions by Waverly

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 am
Unlike some on this board, I’ll be the first to admit that they are better with him. But he came to burg because of two things. Fear of not playing in Kentucky and a girl. Lol.

Having said that this is the first time to my knowledge where a kid is playing for burg that played varsity at another school the previous year.

There are a lot of students who are enrolled at burg that live just outside the district that have been going there since grade school.
Last edited by wobycat on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 am
I've seen just the 1 game for Waverly and was listening a little bit last night. I will tell you this, if you concentrate all your efforts on Futhey and I know he is a HUGE concern, Waverly will score 40 against burg. They're spreading the ball out really well, and have Wolfe back at 100% which they did not have last year in the match up. Looks like the Brown kid has stepped up his game this year as well. It will be interesting to see how Burg takes on this offense as Futhey isn't the guy it runs through, he's just the biggest name and player everyone in the area knows, rightfully so though. Waverly's lack of a running game, or at least the ability to want to run is a concern but something I seen this year was Waverly going under center as well. Will be a great chest match and in one of those I never bet against Burg but i'm just going with the fact waverly has so many weapons it's impossible to say we're going to stop this guy and play 1-1 with a guy like Wolfe or Brown will be a long night if that's the case. Just as I predicted last year i think Burgs best defense is going to be their offense, shortening the game and possessions by Waverly
I doubt burg coaches do that but he’s the one that I believe will cause those one on one matchup nightmares because you have to honor the others. I’m wondering who will have to cover him for burg.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:10 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 am
I doubt burg coaches do that but he’s the one that I believe will cause those one on one matchup nightmares because you have to honor the others. I’m wondering who will have to cover him for burg.
Honestly I picture, and I could be wrong obviously, burg going with more of a zone look with 5 and 6 guys in the zone to cause confusion and hopefully give the pass rushers time to get to Shanks. By doing this they're opening themselves up to the run, however if I'm burg I realize Waverly doesn't have that home run hitter at the RB spot this year and I take my chances that Waverly won't be patient enough to stick with the run to pull Burg out of those zone overages. Also think they'll change the looks around pre-snap to cut down on the early reads for Shanks. Think you'll see a lot of the zone but mixed in with some disguised man coverage to bring pressure.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:08 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 am
Unlike some on this board, I’ll be the first to admit that they are better with him. But he came to burg because of two things. Fear of not playing in Kentucky and a girl. Lol.

Having said that this is the first time to my knowledge where a kid is playing for burg that played varsity at another school the previous year.

There are a lot of students who are enrolled at burg that live just outside the district that have been going there since grade school.
Like i said ...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Burg 35
Waverly 34

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”