JV Team

Re: Best matchups for Next Friday? SOC 1 and SOC 2

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Burg @ Waverly in SOC 2 definitely a must see
Portsmouth Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike in SOC 1

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Does Waverly have anything for the Burg?
Eastern seems to be the front runner at this point.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Burg really needs to swap conferences with Portsmouth.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:28 pm Burg really needs to swap conferences with Portsmouth.
Or Ironton move to the SOC2

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:28 pm Burg really needs to swap conferences with Portsmouth.
Or Ironton move to the SOC2

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Burg vs Waverly

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Why?? They play ironton every year already and it's not like there's anyone else in the OVC who can play with Burg.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Ironton... and then the SOC 2 would be more competitive.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I say ironton and burg to the FAC 3 team race for sure every year between those two and jackson, then thrown in chillicothe when they're decent thats a good top 4 teams in a southern ohio conference

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 am I say ironton and burg to the FAC 3 team race for sure every year between those two and jackson, then thrown in chillicothe when they're decent thats a good top 4 teams in a southern ohio conference
LOL, this was already done a few years back only minus Burg from the equation. SEOAL?? Teams were to spread out and drives were to much for schools so teams dropped off 1 by 1 including Ironton. It's really hard to build a super conference in this area because of how spread out teams are, when you look at the MAC arguably the best league in the state you'll see they're very close geographically and in size from DV to DVII. I mean in this area if you were going to build a super conference you'd have teams from DII-DIII-DIV-and DV. While it could theoretically work for football there's all the other sports that have to be taken into consideration. Around here, what would you be looking at Chillicothe, Unioto, Burg, Waverly, Jackson and Ironton, possibly Athens?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:49 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 am I say ironton and burg to the FAC 3 team race for sure every year between those two and jackson, then thrown in chillicothe when they're decent thats a good top 4 teams in a southern ohio conference
LOL, this was already done a few years back only minus Burg from the equation. SEOAL?? Teams were to spread out and drives were to much for schools so teams dropped off 1 by 1 including Ironton. It's really hard to build a super conference in this area because of how spread out teams are, when you look at the MAC arguably the best league in the state you'll see they're very close geographically and in size from DV to DVII. I mean in this area if you were going to build a super conference you'd have teams from DII-DIII-DIV-and DV. While it could theoretically work for football there's all the other sports that have to be taken into consideration. Around here, what would you be looking at Chillicothe, Unioto, Burg, Waverly, Jackson and Ironton, possibly Athens?
The last seaol had logan zanesville and marrietta and warren in there too though thats a lot of extra travel than ironton to jackson and chilli. I get the other sports thing

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton and burg to chillicothe would be the longest drive really

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:49 am
Yep...remember the "super conference" discussion a few years back when Burg was running through SOC II with Salyers and Holden. While a super conference would probably work for football, other sports not so much. This only becomes an issue when one of those "once every 20 year State champ-caliber" teams come through. This year it's Ironton's turn for the argument, but they will be back to normal by next season (and normal means still pretty darn good before Ironton people get worked up).*

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I still believe they will be way betterbthan everyone in the ovc by a lot

Return to “Football”