Jackson, Waverly, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Gallia Academy and Logan

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Jackson, Waverly, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Gallia Academy and Logan

Post by BigBoneJerome »

What a power conference. Let’s make it happen.

All the schools too big for their conference and Logan is without one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Jackson, Waverly, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Gallia Academy and Logan

Post by greygoose »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 pm What a power conference. Let’s make it happen.

Just not something that can happen around here, even in this scenario you would have to toss out Logan. Both Burg and Ironton are close to 2 hrs away from Logan and Waverly is an hour and 15 minutes away. So right off the bat Logan is gone, Gallia would never jump in a conference like this simply put even with the last couple years where they had "good teams" they still couldn't hang with any of those schools. Distance knocks Logan out, if we're strictly talking about football Gallia would want no part of it. Wished it worked like this but geographically speaking in this area trying to load a conference isn't feasible.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Logistics be damned...I LOVE IT!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

They could call it the South Eastern League or something like that :mrgreen:

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:38 pm
BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 pm What a power conference. Let’s make it happen.

Just not something that can happen around here, even in this scenario you would have to toss out Logan. Both Burg and Ironton are close to 2 hrs away from Logan and Waverly is an hour and 15 minutes away. So right off the bat Logan is gone, Gallia would never jump in a conference like this simply put even with the last couple years where they had "good teams" they still couldn't hang with any of those schools. Distance knocks Logan out, if we're strictly talking about football Gallia would want no part of it. Wished it worked like this but geographically speaking in this area trying to load a conference isn't feasible.
Why would Gallia shy away from these teams when they drool over the Ironton match-up every year. Drive time sure, but you think they wouldn't compete? That wouldn't be a reason... at least from what I read on a lot of their threads haha!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I’m just wondering how many more years it’s going to take for Ironton to leave the OVC. Over the last 100 years or so, they have a reputation of not staying somewhere very long (unless independent). With them being so superior to the current OVC, it’s only a matter of time, right?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Grizzly&Gatorade wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:06 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:38 pm

Why would Gallia shy away from these teams when they drool over the Ironton match-up every year. Drive time sure, but you think they wouldn't compete? That wouldn't be a reason... at least from what I read on a lot of their threads haha!
LOL, oh I'm sure in some of their heads they wouldn't back down.
Ironton 52
Gallia 0

Waverly 40
Gallia 0

Ironton 55
Gallia 7

Pretty much sums up why.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:49 am I’m just wondering how many more years it’s going to take for Ironton to leave the OVC. Over the last 100 years or so, they have a reputation of not staying somewhere very long (unless independent). With them being so superior to the current OVC, it’s only a matter of time, right?
Honestly I'm not sure how much you can put into it, was told they had asked the OVC about exiting in football and was denied. No idea if there's any truth to that or not.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not that Unioto would ever leave the SVC, however I still like the look of Jackson, Waverly, Burg, Chillicothe, Unioto and Ironton. You have schools ranging DIII-DV, drive time wouldn't be bad worst would be Ironton to Chillicothe and Unioto and that's still hr and 15 minutes rest of them is very straight forward in terms of highway time. At that point it frees up the SOC to bring in Portsmouth and Northwest to replace Burg and Waverly. FAC can find different members as now they've gotten their 2 big dogs out of there as well, maybe add an Adena and Paint Valley to the mix would be a good fit. Not like any of this would ever happen but sometimes it's fun to speculate

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I think Ironton, Portmouth, Wheelersburg, Jackson, Gallia Academy, and Waverly. with football must schedule one out of state game, two from at least one division above you, and the other two your choice..... 3 teams every year would make playoffs and maybe 4 or 5 teams some years and you would be prepared for playoffs when you get there........I wouldn't argue with Chillicothe, Unioto, or any other school that wants to get in with in good driving distance and want to make themselves and the league better...... As far as these last couple years you can say Portsmouth and GA would have been at the bottom of this made up league the numbers are killing both programs right now why can't they get 75 kids plus out with those two towns and schools....... the other 4 schools are not having a problem with numbers...... sad trend that may hurt both schools for years to come.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SOC II probably would be a better fit for Ironton football competitively-speaking. SOC should've added Ironton and Portsmouth and went to a 3 division conference in football and 2 divisions for every other sport. But they didn't and unlikely it ever happens.*

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am SOC II probably would be a better fit for Ironton football competitively-speaking. SOC should've added Ironton and Portsmouth and went to a 3 division conference in football and 2 divisions for every other sport. But they didn't and unlikely it ever happens.*
How would you see the 3 division being broken out?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I would like to see a league with Waverly, Jackson and Burg. Then could have either have Chillicothe, Unioto and/or Ironton in the mix. I’m not sure Unioto would want to leave the SVC for a conference like that, but it would better suit them for tourney/playoff time.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I’m hearing Ironton wants out of OVC in football. I think A Southern Ohio Super conference with Ironton, Jackson, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Chillicothe. Let’s get this done. Then that allows these teams to schedule 5 good Non conf. games.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am I’m hearing Ironton wants out of OVC in football. I think A Southern Ohio Super conference with Ironton, Jackson, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Chillicothe. Let’s get this done. Then that allows these teams to schedule 5 good Non conf. games.
Think Portsmouth would want to be in a conference like that?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am I’m hearing Ironton wants out of OVC in football. I think A Southern Ohio Super conference with Ironton, Jackson, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Chillicothe. Let’s get this done. Then that allows these teams to schedule 5 good Non conf. games.
Ironton would kill everyone in that league. Even Jackson would lose by 30. SEO schools will never get you ready for Kirtland. Just schedule a couple State powers in the non league

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm
Ironton would kill everyone in that league. Even Jackson would lose by 30. SEO schools will never get you ready for Kirtland. Just schedule a couple State powers in the non league
Right now Ironton would. I wouldn't say that for the future. This wishful league would never happen anyways.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm
I mean at this moment and for the very near future Ironton is at the highest of highs. So that may be the case right now, but are they going to be able to sustain putting this caliber of a team out there year after year? Statistically that won’t happen. Not saying they won’t have any dominating years but it won’t last forever.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton joined this league and won it every year

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm Ironton joined this league and won it every year
You need an ice pack for that big bump on your head, Raider. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”